Starting 5 predictions | The Boneyard

Starting 5 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that first night is in the books and college bbal is just around the corner. So what are the boneyard a thought on our starting lineup to start the year. I'm hoping for

Pg: Boat

Sg: Purvis

F: T Sam

Pf: D ham

C: Brimah

I know what you are thinking Tsam at the 3? But some of our best stretches in the tourny last year were when we ran the 3 guard line up. Not really sure if Calhoun is back as his old self so I didn't put him as the 2 and move Purvis to the 3. So predictions?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i think sam and cassell come off the bench to run things when boat isnt in the game... omar or dham at the 3 and facey or dham at the 4

Reaction Score
DHam would get eaten alive at the 4 spot. He's a 3, at least his freshman year.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright
Rodney Purvis
Daniel Hamilton
Kentan Facey
Amida Brimah
Not sure if this is how we start but I definitely think this is how we finish the season.

I would love to see Omar get his playing time back!

I also think:
T Sam will battle for a starting spot and be a huge contributor
Phil will be the first big man in off the bench.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Boat
Sam Jr
Purv
Phil
AB

Starting but we'll be going small often, specially with AB at the 5.

Going to be interesting to see who is the odd man out of the guard rotation.

Reaction Score
Boat
Sam Jr
Purv
Phil
AB

Starting but we'll be going small often, specially with AB at the 5.

Going to be interesting to see who is the odd man out of the guard rotation.

I was thinking about the Nolan at the 4 and Brimah at the 5 but i dont see Ollie as the type of coach to play two of our biggest players pretty much both centers at the same time. I think they are going to split time.

Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright
Rodney Purvis
Daniel Hamilton
Kentan Facey
Amida Brimah

Man i keep forgetting about Kentan Facey i heard he is looking much better but not much word from him he goes under the radar easily

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
1st platoon
Boat
Purvis
Dham
Facey
Brimah

2nd platoon
Sam and Sam
OC
Rock
Nolan

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I was thinking about the Nolan at the 4 and Brimah at the 5 but i dont see Ollie as the type of coach to play two of our biggest players pretty much both centers at the same time. I think they are going to split time.
Didn't ko try it last year?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know, my original though was face at the 4 but Phil has really improved his game offensively over the off season, I can see us going smaller at the 2-3 and bigger at the 4 at least to start the season. Also don't forget Phil is a leader on the team. He's also started for the majority of the past 2 seasons...

Take a look at this clip of him from last month. I know these amateur tournaments don't mean much but you can see his offensive development

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Calhoun
Facey
Brimah

I think D-Ham stays out on the bench for additional bench scoring punch. Even if Omar struggles, I could see Ollie using a 3 guard lineup of Boat, Purvis, Samuel, Facey, and Brimah instead of putting D-Ham in there.

Reaction Score
Eh i guess nobody thinks Tsam will start. I just really loved him last year during the tourny as a freshman. Maybe he doesnt start this year but i see something big with him in the future

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is how we start but I definitely think this is how we finish the season.

I would love to see Omar get his playing time back!

I also think:
T Sam will battle for a starting spot and be a huge contributor
Phil will be the first big man in off the bench.
T. Sam is far too valuable as the only true relief for RB at the point.
Cassell has to prove he can run the team before he gets significant minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Only debate is some reports that Cassell Jr. may push Hamilton for room at the three.

Who starts will be less than who plays the last 10 minutes. Ollie has plenty of combinations skill wise. If the players buy in to Ollie this is another FF team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Eh i guess nobody thinks Tsam will start. I just really loved him last year during the tourny as a freshman. Maybe he doesnt start this year but i see something big with him in the future

I'll go with TSam finishes more games than he starts. And there's nothing wrong with that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Brimah will be the second best player on the team, and not in second by much. My starting lineup:

Boat
TSam
Purvis - big guy.
Nolan - how much he plays will depend on matchups
Brimah

Reaction Score
T. Sam is far too valuable as the only true relief for RB at the point.
Cassell has to prove he can run the team before he gets significant minutes.

Agree on TSam he is the back up directly behind Boat. But according to many sources outside the program Sam Jr is proving to be a player who will be very hard to keep off the floor. Heard it from Rothstein and Welsh as well as Jay Williams in studio.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Calhoun
Facey
Brimah

I think D-Ham stays out on the bench for additional bench scoring punch. Even if Omar struggles, I could see Ollie using a 3 guard lineup of Boat, Purvis, Samuel, Facey, and Brimah instead of putting D-Ham in there.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I'll go with TSam finishes more games than he starts. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Kinda like that energy guy that Calhoun used to have!
I can see that!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Welsh had purvis out of his projected starting line up last night. The more these little nuggets fit together the more skeptical I am that KO's Ferrari might need a tune up. We shall see.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Welsh had purvis out of his projected starting line up last night. The more these little nuggets fit together the more skeptical I am that KO's Ferrari might need a tune up. We shall see.
Time will tell.

Boat is the 70 knots "World is not Enough" yacht that needed fine tuning. He showed it playoff time.
Note the Ferrari connection in this article.

118 WallyPower 60 knots
it.png

118-WallyPower-yacht-r.jpg

The 118 WallyPower's sleek design is the result of an extensive R&D program that included water tank testing at the SSPA facility in Goteborg, Sweden, and wind tunnel testing at the Ferrari facility in Maranello, Italy. The iconic yacht 118 WallyPower is driven by three Vericor TF50 gas turbines, each driving a Rolls-Royce Kamewa water jet. The exhaust system is made of titanium that saves weight while being very resistant to the high temperatures generated by the gas turbines.

• Builder: Intermarine
  • Length Overall: 36.0m
  • Propulsion: Triple Waterjets / Twin Screws
  • Maximum Horsepower: 16,800hp

Reaction Score
What was his starting 5

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Didn't KO say Purvis would play some 1 and some 2 This will effect T Sam but they could just play with 2 points

I think starters on day 1 will favor upperclassmen.

Boat
Purvis
Calhoun
Nolan (feel less confident here)
AB

I think it shifts after tip off and as time goes by to

Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
AB

Status