Stanford game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Stanford game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But those who were criticizing weren't thinking - they were leaving Mo open - she had to shoot - and had those shots gone in, she would be a hero. Stefanie has the three and they will fall. KML was not open, the Cardinal had her bottled up.
Stanford plays odds sometimes. they bet who will shot and miss and let them have the ball. they got burned by Chong. I am willing to be that MoJet will burn them a time or two before all is said and done.

Stanford is a different animal than Hartford, and with adjustments by Geno, the second half will be much better. Seriously, I am surprised how quickly praise turns to negativity on this board, really I am.
I'm with you, Rady. Couldn't agree more. The Cardinal really did bottle up KML.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But those who were criticizing weren't thinking - they were leaving Mo open - she had to shoot - and had those shots gone in, she would be a hero. Stefanie has the three and they will fall. KML was not open, the Cardinal had her bottled up.
Stanford plays odds sometimes. they bet who will shot and miss and let them have the ball. they got burned by Chong. I am willing to be that MoJet will burn them a time or two before all is said and done.

Stanford is a different animal than Hartford, and with adjustments by Geno, the second half will be much better. Seriously, I am surprised how quickly praise turns to negativity on this board, really I am.
Ah. Well I've not watched the game yet. I"m still at work. Just looking at the box score, and you are right - if Moriah is open she needs to shoot, but not the same for Big Momma Stef - 0-3 from beyond the arc? I wonder if Geno is ok with that. I get Stanford was packing it in, but how did Kiah score 8 points in the paint? the new rules favor the offense, and just because they packed it in does not mean Stef could not have worked in the paint. Again i've not seen the game yet. .just talking out of my "you know what"...!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing in particular, it's going to be fun watching Chiney in the W. She's like a gazelle, but so explosive and quick. Just crazy. Makes Stokes' performance that much more impressive bc you will not find a more athletic forward in the game than CO.

Reaction Score

I agree that Mo does the right thing to shoot the ball. Stanford plays the odds, which makes Tara such a great HOF coach. However, she picked Mo for a reason. If shots had fallen, Mo is the hero. But the fact is that they didn't, and thus far in her career her outside shot has struggled. I love Mo as our PG, but tonight, as long as she isn't hitting, she is helping the stanford defense.

Criticism isn't always as negative as you seem to think it is. I doubt Geno walks around saying nothing but nice things. Yes these players are fantastic and some of the best in the country, but if you can't knock down the open shot all night, you become the liability for the night.

Food for thought.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In re: Mo, I haven't looked over the early part of this thread yet, but I would not knock Mo's shooting as much as her choices

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I won't say what it looks like and I won't be watching the replay. But I will be praying for her.

YT. I'm just sick right now.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, not good. That replay makes me think she broke the arm. That was ugly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I bet she did something to her elbow. I've broken mine before and it is super painful. Good news was the recovery was about 8 weeks.

Reaction Score
Let's hope the team can retain focus after that injury.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gut check time for the team, especially Stewie and Morgan. Gotta step up.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I cannot believe AO made that jumper over Stewie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom