staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Earlier the better because I hope UK holds out for Mudiay. I like UConn's chances a lot better with UK/squid out of the picture.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Earlier the better because I hope UK holds out for Mudiay. I like UConn's chances a lot better with UK/squid out of the picture.
Lots of tweets from perk saying things like "I'm nobody's second option". "I don't beg for anything". "A lot of people are in for a rude awakening". All those tea leaves suggest to me that UK is not in a strong position. Add to that the quote about Ollie recruiting him harder than any player he has to date and it adds up that the attention counts and Ollie recognizes this and is pouring it on.

Reaction Score
Heard that no visit was scheduled, but UConn will try to get him on campus in August for an official visit.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lots of speculation in this thread. Here's my two cents:

Perkins will not come to UConn. I think we're too late in the race. Also, and more importantly, Purvis and Samuel will dominate the guard spot in 2 years. Samuel will fit in great with Purvis, Calhoun, and Hamilton. All great scorers and Samuel just has to do what he does best, distribute.

Reaction Score
Heard that no visit was scheduled, but UConn will try to get him on campus in August for an official visit.
I have been told this as well. However, one of my main sources is asking Ollie today whether or not the visit was scheduled.
This announcement date does not affect Kentucky's recruitment of Perkins at all. They have said they are evaluating Perkins in July and from there they will decide whether or not to offer him. Then to the fact that he doesn't want to play second fiddle to another elite PG is not entirely true. He has said that he can play with Emmanuel Mudiay (Kentucky's top PG recruit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom