staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3uconn said he's begging for a Kentucky offer in his update. Sounds like KO is trying to lock him down before he gets it

Yea the UK stuff worries me because it seems pretty clear they see it as a dream school type with their comments about willing to hold off on committing before the end of the summer while waiting for a UK offer. Duke pretty much did the same thing with him, telling him he was a backup plan to Tyus Jones and he cut them immediately, not the same thing with UK as they wait on some of their higher ranked PG targets. If UConn does get that visit though I'm sure KO will make a big impression, the fact that they're likely to get an official when they just started recruiting him like a month and a half ago says alot.

Reaction Score
I was told that the visit could be as early as this weekend. The staff is really making headway with him. I still believe Kentucky is a wild card. He's said he will wait for an offer to fall and he could play with Emmanuel Mudiay (UKs top PG target). He will have to be absolutely blown away to get a commitment on the visit.

Reaction Score
Meh. I actually envision Samuel as our starting pg in two years. That is if he academically qualifies. Boatright is headed for the hills after this year. Samuel is a very athletic completely team oriented guy. Workhorse, pass first. Intriguing

Reaction Score
Meh. I actually envision Samuels as our starting pg in two years. That is if he academically qualifies. Boatright is headed for the hills after this year. Samuels is a very athletic completely team oriented guy. Workhorse, pass first. Intriguing

There is nothing "meh" about Josh Perkins.

Reaction Score
Meh. I actually envision Samuels as our starting pg in two years. That is if he academically qualifies. Boatright is headed for the hills after this year. Samuels is a very athletic completely team oriented guy. Workhorse, pass first. Intriguing

Not to single you out, but I can already tell the Samuel/Samuels stuff is going to annoy me. For the record, Terrence Samuel is his name.

Reaction Score
Perkins is probably thinking meh when told he's coming off the bench. but then again this is the boneyard, where everybody believes recruits don't care about the rotation. FYI TS is not a Craig Austrie level contributer, much higher cieling.

Reaction Score
Perkins is probably thinking meh when told he's coming off the bench. but then again this is the boneyard, where everybody believes recruits don't care about the rotation. FYI TS is not a Craig Austrie level contributer, much higher cieling.

You're supposed to put milk in your cheerios.

Reaction Score

Assuming Boat leaves, I figure Omar and Purvis will both be starters, leaving one more open spot for a guard/wing. Don't want to get ahead of myself too much here but there's an opportunity to start here if Perkins does come here. Either way there would be plenty of time available.

Reaction Score
see now i like Kanses and their fans. why duke and Kentucky fans cant be like you guys makes me wondor

Haha we think the same about Duke and Kentucky. I think the coach is a huge reflection on the program and Bill Self and KO are two of the best in the business.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not trying to sound like Perkins is overrated. it's just somebody earlier mentioned we won't have a lead guard in two years when both TS and RP sitting there waiting. and to people who think its blasphemous to consider TS as good as Perkins in two years you must be new to this.

Reaction Score
Haha we think the same about Duke and Kentucky. I think the coach is a huge reflection on the program and Bill Self and KO are two of the best in the business.

I am a huge fan of ko. But how do you know he is one of the best in the business after one season.. yes a great 1st season.

D

Deleted member 3149

You know who else was a low 5-star recruit who came in to play through a rotation? A guy named Kemba Hudley Walker.

Things worked out OK for him.

Reaction Score
Assuming Boat is gone after this year, Perkins (or a guy like Perkins) is a must-have.

Here's what our lineup would ideally look like to start 2014, with minutes in parentheses. I also assume DD is gone after this year. Black and Chukwu are stand-ins for our next 3/4 wing forward (like DD) and big man, respectively. I don't actually expect to land all of these guys, but you can use them at least as placeholders.

1 - Perkins (25); Samuel (10); Purvis (5)
2- Purvis (25); OC (15)
3- OC (15); Hamilton (25)
4- Black (25); Facey (10); Tolksdorf (5)
5- Facey (15); Chukwu (20); Brimah (5)

Without a guy like Perkins, you're forcing either Samuel to play starter's minutes or Purvis to handle the ball 30 minutes a game. Not good.

Reaction Score
I am a huge fan of ko. But how do you know he is one of the best in the business after one season.. yes a great 1st season.

100% blind faith(and results last year)

#GoKO will be my new permahashtag

Reaction Score
Assuming Boat is gone after this year, Perkins (or a guy like Perkins) is a must-have.

Here's what our lineup would ideally look like to start 2014, with minutes in parentheses. I also assume DD is gone after this year. Black and Chukwu are stand-ins for our next 3/4 wing forward (like DD) and big man, respectively. I don't actually expect to land all of these guys, but you can use them at least as placeholders.

2- Purvis (25); OC (15)

Without a guy like Perkins, you're forcing either Samuel to play starter's minutes or Purvis to handle the ball 30 minutes a game. Not good.

You have no idea what either Samuel or Purvis will look like in a UConn uniform, you make some of the weirdest statements sometimes. Also, where is Nolan?

Reaction Score
I expect us to bring in at least 4 or 5 recruits in, including Hamilton. We have no clue how it's going to turn out right now but they will play big amounts of time most likely. I don't think a player like Perkins is coming in to play behind another player.

D

Deleted member 3149

2- Purvis (25); OC (15)

Poor Leon. We're gonna have to get him some schnitzels to eat on the bench

Reaction Score
Poor Leon. We're gonna have to get him some schnitzels to eat on the bench

I think Leon is 100% going to earn 15-18 min a game as a floor-spacer and a banger. He has the frame and game to be a unique weapon in stretches

Reaction Score
You know who else was a low 5-star recruit who came in to play through a rotation? A guy named Kemba Hudley Walker.

Things worked out OK for him.

And worked out OK for us too! 2 FF and a NC!

Reaction Score
http://tinyurl.com/qz4hzgd

Josh's dad:
"He's been to UCLA (visited the campus with Rashad), Gonzaga, we were actually going to go to UCONN this week, we are going to know by the end of the day today if he can go to that," said Perkins. "There is such a short window of time to get in visits and to get to the camps before this dead period hits.

"If you don't get to these schools by the third of July you hit a dead period for an entire month. So he's trying to get to UCONN and Kentucky, so if he doesn't get that in this week we'll go to those places the first week of August.

This article is from today, but I don't know when the interview was done. So when his dad says that they should know by the end of today whether or not they are visiting UConn this week, I'm not sure if he is referring to today. But looks like we will know for sure soon.

Reaction Score
So just for clarification, we can host kids with no issue now but the staff can't hit the road until July 1, correct?

Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372391389.187776.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member