St. Randy loses again...to BCU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. Randy loses again...to BCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey, Md is looking like a solid team without a QB, and with a lot of freshman. If the three MD QB's are all healthy next year, there will be a robust competition at that position. I like MD to compete for the ACC is about two years. Their talent, thanks to Locksley, is through the roof. Does Randy ever get better than three losses? Probably not. Does PP ever get above 5 wins? Probably not. I'm not promoting RE, I don't want him here. But I like his teams, and I'm sorry we didn't take better advantage of his departure.

Reaction Score
Yeah improving year over year. They aren't back to the last Fridgen season yet. That is what they will be though if Locksley keeps bringing in players.
Well I say this, a guy is truly special when he takes a team that won nine games, to two wins, then promptly doubles those two wins to four wins and is said to be "improving". Only Edsall could pull that off, but not without his Edsallistas.

Reaction Score
Maryland really will be playing a freshman LB (Shawn Petty) at QB for the rest of the season. Not a joke. Unreal season for Terps

http://post original url/GX6puvZU

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I say this, a guy is truly special when he takes a team that won nine games, to two wins, then promptly doubles those two wins to four wins and is said to be "improving". Only Edsall could pull that off, but not without his Edsallistas.

Yep live in the past. Don't worry about the future. UConn is going 3-9 with seniors all over the field. Maryland will go 5-7 with true freshman all over field.

Any Edsall haters who want to offer Maryland in 2013 at UConn as a pick em. I'm good with up to 5k.

Reaction Score
According to the Maryland two deep for the BC game Maryland started 9 seniors, 3 juniors, 6 sophomores and 5 freshman. This narrative that Maryland has Freshman all over the field seems just a little inaccurate. BTW BC starts only 6 seniors. LOL!

UCONN will be down to 9 senior starters with the loss of Masters.

Graduating DeLeone should help us tremendously when we play Maryland next year.

Reaction Score
Yep live in the past. Don't worry about the future. UConn is going 3-9 with seniors all over the field. Maryland will go 5-7 with true freshman all over field.

Any Edsall haters who want to offer Maryland in 2013 at UConn as a pick em. I'm good with up to 5k.
Serious question, do you think UMD fans are happy with where they are at? 5-7, I don't see where they win another game but if they do so what? Two years in a row without a bowl.

Edsall and P both suck to date, but only one of them gets the luxury of tearing down what was respectable on the field and said to be "improving".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Serious question, do you think UMD fans are happy with where they are at? 5-7, I don't see where they win another game but if they do so what? Two years in a row without a bowl.

Edsall and P both suck to date, but only one of them gets the luxury of tearing down what was respectable on the field and said to be "improving".

Nope Maryland fans are unhappy. Are they making less noise than last year?

Did I not witness the in game ESPN hosts talking up the job Edsall is doing yesterday? Must be part of the ESPN conspiracy.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
4th string QB blew out his ACL, now onto a LB for QB

This is a an accurate description of the game yesterday:
49720.jpg

Brutal for Maryland. http://espn.go.com/college-football...ses-fourth-quarterback-season-caleb-rowe-hurt

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are there Edsall haters willing to back their opinion with cash? UConn in a pickem against Maryland next year? Go on record today - I'll take up to five thousand on the game.

Reaction Score
I don't see how UConn is a measuring stick. We know that Pasqualoni sucks. I'm not sure how beating UConn is any sort of an accomplishment.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I don't see how UConn is a measuring stick. We know that Pasqualoni sucks. I'm not sure how beating UConn is any sort of an accomplishment.

We know that PP is the all time winningest coach in BE history and has done better at UCONN than St Randy has done at MD. Despite the fact that 9-3 MD was returning an All-ACC QB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That sucks.

I blame the Fridge. What Coach would leave his program with just one all-ACC QB's? A

And not one walkon with trickshot videos ready to start.

Jeebus please catch up. Even the most anti Edsall people have realized this argument is trash.

Reaction Score
Are there Edsall haters willing to back their opinion with cash? UConn in a pickem against Maryland next year? Go on record today - I'll take up to five thousand on the game.

I don't know if you remember, but a horrible UConn team beat St. Edsall and Maryland at Maryland earlier this year, at a time when Maryland had only lost one QB (not counting O'brien).

Coach P clearly isn't the answer, but Edsall isn't either.

Reaction Score
Little doubt that Edsall will be able to equal what Fridge did there. He is doing a good job rebuilding what he so skillfully destroyed.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Not that anyone asked, but here is what I think...Edsall is a better coach than Pasqualoni. Edsall would have gotten this team a bowl last year..and this year. I think Md will get 7-9 wins next year. I also think RE has a ceiling at MD because of his limitations. I don't see them as a BCS bowl team...but a solid 7-9 win team every year.

But...I am ok with RE leaving. He wanted to go and UConn needed the change as much as him. I was looking forward to a new coach with a fresh approach for the program. That doesn't describe what we have seen with Pasqualoni or GDL. If UConn finishes out this year the way they have played the last 3 games, that isn't a talent issue...it is a coaching issue.

Reaction Score

UConn will lose to Maryland next season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about another ACL tear at Maryland. Freshman LB to play QB going forward.

Reaction Score
How about another ACL tear at Maryland. Freshman LB to play QB going forward.

I just saw that. That really is unbelievable. There was very little chance that Edsall would've gotten canned after this year regardless, but this takes firing him completely off the table. How do you lose 4 QB's in half a season? Unthinkable.

Funny part is they will probably win more games than us this year against a much tougher schedule.

Reaction Score
Not that anyone asked, but here is what I think...Edsall is a better coach than Pasqualoni. Edsall would have gotten this team a bowl last year..and this year. I think Md will get 7-9 wins next year. I also think RE has a ceiling at MD because of his limitations. I don't see them as a BCS bowl team...but a solid 7-9 win team every year.

But...I am ok with RE leaving. He wanted to go and UConn needed the change as much as him. I was looking forward to a new coach with a fresh approach for the program. That doesn't describe what we have seen with Pasqualoni or GDL. If UConn finishes out this year the way they have played the last 3 games, that isn't a talent issue...it is a coaching issue.

Edsall is 80-84 as a head coach. He is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom