St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Take the win. Got to get Karaban going. Need him to get the ball at foul line when they are playing zone. Just can't be a 3pt shooter.

Castle kept playing hard. And got some success. He will need to work on his midrange game. This isn't HS.

If we hit fts could have won this comfortably.

Reaction Score
All that worry about Soriano and Samson Johnson outplayed him.

Moral: RELAX

Clingan is the centerpiece of our team. It’s going to take time for the guys to adjust. Tonight was a big step.

I know we’ve been spoiled the last 8 months, but they all ain’t gonna be pretty and they all won’t be easy.

Big win.

Reaction Score
It’s a huge win a loss and winning BE would be a huge climb out of 0-2 hole, 1-1 we’re very much in it with Marquette losing and a lot of ranked teams losing every night we shouldnt fall too much in rankings.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Great win while a lot of guys still weren’t playing their best ball. Samson Johnson was great.

I don’t see us dominating a lot of games without Clingan since we can’t control the paint as well. Going to need some more of these gutsy performances in the meantime.

Reaction Score
That was a GREAT win. Team showed a lot of guts and energy after playing a noticeably flat first half. Johnson played very well vs one of the best bigs, Stephon figured some things out down the stretch, and Singare played well enough during his minutes. Those are 3 big developments.

It's also really hard to adjust when you lose your (arguable) best player on such short notice. We'll figure things out and get better.

Plenty of things to clean up, but we have a lot to be happy about following a win vs a team that's trending up with a HOF coach.

Oh and Hurley finally won a close game! For all the "St. Johns is garbage" crowd out there, they were ranked 48th in kenpom before today. They're a good team.

Reaction Score
Really?? Tell me why you have any confidence. That was disgusting
If you think the players have just “regressed” you need glasses.

When your top guy goes out it takes time to adjust. We can’t blow every one out and score in the 80’s every game. I know we’ve been spoiled but we need to remember what we’re watching.

Reaction Score
If you think the players have just “regressed” you need glasses.

When your top guy goes out it takes time to adjust. We can’t blow every one out and score in the 80’s every game. I know we’ve been spoiled but we need to remember what we’re watching.

Games vs Pitino teams are supposed to look ugly. That's their chance to win.

Reaction Score
Okay, for the first time this season, I’m officially worried.

Earlier, I thought of this team as a great offensive team, able to work inside out, with great outside shooting and freshmen that would be developing as the season goes on. The Clingan injury changes a lot of things. Three point shooting is a genuine concern, and none of the freshmen are developing.

Karaban – this is perhaps the biggest surprise for me. His shot is so off right now. He’s not just going through a streak where they’re not dropping, they don’t look good at all. I’m thinking the finger has to be causing that. This is affecting his overall offensive rhythm. And he’s getting exploited defensively.

Spencer – Confidence in his shot is not there like it was. He’s not hunting it like he was before. Great effort by him overall though. I like that he recognizes times where he has to try and create something when the team is not going well.

Newton – I love Newton. I have said since early last year that this team goes as Newton goes. He’s the one guy on the team that can create offense on his own. Singlehandedly kept us in the Kansas game. Two limited games in a row though. Seems to have lost confidence in his three point shooting. Even his free throw shooting has been off?! He needs to provide offensive toughness when things are not going well. Did just enough of it to win tonight, especially late. Smart foul at the end.

Diarra - Seems to be maxing out his potential. I think his upside is limited, but he has played tough. Smart tough dude.

Johnson - I have never seen the upside of Johnson that many have on this board. He’s been a pleasant surprise to me this season. Very happy for him, great story. Great game from him tonight.

The freshmen- NONE of them have improved. This is concerning..

Castle – Just simply has not shown he is an NBA pick. A non-shooter who isn’t creating anything off the dribble. Was ineffective in the middle against the zone tonight. You can see the ability, and I think he will find himself. We absolutely need it. He showed some things late in the game tonight.

Ball – Great athlete that completely lacks confidence right now.

Stewart and Ross – Have not shown enough to even get off the bench. Hurley needs to develop them.

Singare – I thought he provided some decent minutes tonight. Some light there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom