Something learned about KLS, besides the obvious: | The Boneyard

Something learned about KLS, besides the obvious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Lou is awesome. I am so impressed with her. After seeing her sisters play, I have to admit that I thought she'd be a shooter and not much else. But she is really, really, really, really really good.

Reaction Score
Lou is awesome. I am so impressed with her. After seeing her sisters play, I have to admit that I thought she'd be a shooter and not much else. But she is really, really, really, really really good.
I think the first "wow" with her was how quickly she caught on playing defense. She went from clueless to being a monster.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
there she goes again on post-game: she's feeling more comfortable but she's sure that the coaches don't agree. she's really loving the challenges.
That's the right attitude. Look for her on pre-season ballots next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her defense is really incredible. How I wish she got to play with Stewie for two years instead of one...
She uses her length well, and her footwork has improved. She's more confident and aggressive.

Reaction Score
Geno only requires 3 "reallys" to express ultimate approval or ultimate praise. ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Say "hell yes " about KLS!!! Katie Lou Conn is doing her damn thing as a freshman growing into the college level, from Gatorade high school POY, from 30 PPG, and from high school national #1. She showed small signs against ND last December, and she's beating kids over the head with those signs now.

If you tell me KLS gets 40 points over her next two games, I'll say we've got a deal!

I look forward to another opportunity to say hell yes about KLS...soon!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who are the leading frosh this year? Asia Durr was ranked #2 behind Lou. After a slow start, she's averaging 10.9 ppg, mostly off the bench.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who are the leading frosh this year? Asia Durr was ranked #2 behind Lou. After a slow start, she's averaging 10.9 ppg, mostly off the bench.

Kristine Anigwe of Cal is a name I often hear mentioned as FOY candidate. I also believe Ogunbowale of Notre Dame, despite not starting, has gotta be in the mix as well.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou should be FOY 2016

Not a chance of that happening.... there are many freshman playing much better than KLS, Anigwe from Cal, Sheppard from Nebraska. May be if KLS had been playing like this the entire year, she would be in the conversation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not a chance of that happening.... there are many freshman playing much better than KLS, Anigwe from Cal, Sheppard from Nebraska. May be if KLS had been playing like this the entire year, she would be in the conversation.
The Cornhusker kid is probably the leader.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno, of course, wants more from Lou:

"She made five three-pointers tonight, and that is what the person before her did. You have to do more than that in order to win national championships.”

Reaction Score
UConn beat Nebraska 88-46, 11/28/2015, KLS 14 pts, 0 TO, Sheppard 10 pts, 5 TOs
CAl 12-15 may not even be in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Whenever I post about her on Socalhoops, man o man do the haters come out. Very polarizing locally by SoCal "experts" (parents). I see the potential. I figure Geno knows WTH he is doing when he recruits.

Reaction Score
UConn beat Nebraska 88-46, 11/28/2015, KLS 14 pts, 0 TO, Sheppard 10 pts, 5 TOs
CAl 12-15 may not even be in the NCAA tournament.

Silly me... you meant National Freshman of the Game, and here I thought you meant body of work over an entire season.

Reaction Score
Whenever I post about her on Socalhoops, man o man do the haters come out. Very polarizing locally by SoCal "experts" (parents). I see the potential. I figure Geno knows WTH he is doing when he recruits.

Curious as to what do some people not like about KLS in SoCal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom