Some Daniel Hamilton updates from Jordan practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Daniel Hamilton updates from Jordan practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe we should see how he looks next year.

He was a 5-star recruit, yes, but was generally unimpressive in his year at NC State. On the other hand, he was burdened by having Mark Gottfried as a coach. So nobody knows.

He could be 2009 Jerome Dyson (very good). He could also be 2010 Jerome Dyson (significantly less good).

He could be better than Dyson 2009 too……..that's where I will lean until I see otherwise! His athleticism makes this a real good comparison but his handle and ability to shoot it better gives him an edge.

Reaction Score
I was at the Barclays Center last night and although in very limited minutes, I walked away very impressed with DHam. First reaction.... a more athletic and quicker Rip Hamilton clone. Kid has a very smooth jump shot, plays with a quick bounce, and was always moving. His overall game is perfect for the UConn style and I suspect he will put up some very nice numbers from day 1. He will either drain the 3 with ease or blow right by anyone trying to play him tight. Loved his energy on the floor and his overall demeanor screamed prototypical UConn wing. This kid is the real deal.

Reaction Score
His handle is so good. He looks extremely comfortable with the ball and is very good shooting off the bounce, a rarity in this day and age. His composite rating is 17 I think so I wouldnt say he is underrated, that said, I can't believe ESPN would rank him 30th, behind many 2 guards who don't seem to be in his league. Not to shoot for the low hanging fruit but Duke's Grayson Allen? C'mon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom