Some Daniel Hamilton updates from Jordan practice | The Boneyard

Some Daniel Hamilton updates from Jordan practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 35m
Watching #uConn future:,Daniel Hamilton practing with west squad for Jordan Brand classic ... As advertised, versatile, good passer

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 34m
When I talked to Hamilton 1/18, he said he loves that Kevin Ollie "coaches so hard, wants to win so bad." and then ...

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 33m
Hamilton got to Gampel at halftime of #uConn Louisville game and within a few minutes Ollie was ejected ...

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 3m
Daniel Hamilton says he's still "100 percent" committed to #uConn as long as Kevin Ollie stays "he's the reason I'm going there"

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 1m
Daniel Hamilton says DeAndre Daniels used to stay at his house in LA. He hopes to play with him next year. at #uConn

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 10s
Hamilton said Ollie got him during his home visit "when he looked me in my eye" ... He knew there was something special. #uconn

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 3m
DAniel Hamilton he's coming to #UConn to play coach Ollie

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 1m
Daniel Hamilton said he's friends with DeAndre Daniels but not sure if he'll come back to #UConn

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 41s
Daniel Hamilton said next step for him is to talk with #Ollie and finalize things at #UConn. Hopes to enroll in summer school.

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 28s
Hamilton: "Im so proud of coach Ollie, winning a championship 1st time in the tournament. That's unheard of. I've never heard of it" #uConn

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 32s
Daniel Hamilton said he was hooked on #UConn when his brother Jordan visited school

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 22s
Daniel Hamilton said one thing he really likes about Ollie is he can relate to players #UConn

--------------------------------------------------------

Yep, definitely not coming to UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It all starts to make some more sense. They never signed the LOI on the off-chance that Ollie would bail. We knew how improbable that was, but the Hamiltons wanted to leave themselves an out in the unlikely event that Ollie left.

Reaction Score
Ollie going to the Lakers. Trading their draft pick down and taking Bazz in round 1 and DD in the 2nd. Done deal!

Reaction Score
Even the LOI is unneeded at this point. Once he enrolls in summer school, then he is officially committed. Many of us remember the Jarrell Miller situation a few years ago when he enrolled in summer school at UNC, but then decided to leave for UConn football. He had to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Rhett join the 2014 class, then quickly this class of 2015 wrapped up with Jalen Adams and Jesse Govan. Move on to 2016.

2014:
Hamilton
Purvis
Cassell Jr.
Rhett
Lubin

2015:
Ali
W Jackson
Adams
Govan

The nucleus will be there if we can add 2 or 3 more kids. Then the focus will be to look at juniors.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Rhett join the 2014 class, then quickly this class of 2015 wrapped up with Jalen Adams and Jesse Govan. Move on to 2016.

2014:
Hamilton
Purvis
Cassell Jr.
Rhett
Lubin

2015:
Ali
W Jackson
Adams
Govan

The nucleus will be there if we can add 2 or 3 more kids. Then the focus will be to look at juniors.

I might be mistaken, but in order for us to get Govan AND Adams, someone would need to declare early for the NBA or transfer from the program. In 2015 we have Brimah, Omar, Samuel, Tolksdorf, Nolan, Facey, Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell Jr, Lubin, Ali, Jackson -- which leaves us with one remaining scholarship

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I might be mistaken, but in order for us to get Govan AND Adams, someone would need to declare early for the NBA or transfer from the program. In 2015 we have Brimah, Omar, Samuel, Tolksdorf, Nolan, Facey, Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell Jr, Lubin, Ali, Jackson -- which leaves us with one remaining scholarship

Some think Purvis will declare. No idea myself.

pj

Reaction Score
Can we get Tolksdorf to declare? Isn't there a GM who will guarantee to take him the first round?

Reaction Score
What does '#m' mean after the name in Twitter world?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

goshdarn that is one talented class. Scary good potential.

Reaction Score
Some think Purvis will declare. No idea myself.

Maybe we should see how he looks next year.

He was a 5-star recruit, yes, but was generally unimpressive in his year at NC State. On the other hand, he was burdened by having Mark Gottfried as a coach. So nobody knows.

He could be 2009 Jerome Dyson (very good). He could also be 2010 Jerome Dyson (significantly less good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom