Solo looks to be working already | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Solo looks to be working already

Reaction Score
Solo Ball needs to work on your handle and ability to drive. With that explosivemess you shouldn't have as much trouble scoring at the basket which he eitehr never tried oor wasn't that sucessful because of lack of handle. Also, needs to work on his defense as that wasn't a stregth too and anotehr reason his minutes were limited. I'm not too worried about his 3 pt shot as that was the best part of his game but he seem to settle for that too much.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Now go work on your handle adn ability to drive. With that explosivemess you shouldn't have as much trouble scoring at the basket. Also, needs to work on his defense. I'm not too worried about his 3 pt shot as that was the best part of his game but he seem to settle for that too much.
You tell him! (Jay Eph Cee)

Go work on your spelling.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Now go work on your handle adn ability to drive. With that explosivemess you shouldn't have as much trouble scoring at the basket. Also, needs to work on his defense. I'm not too worried about his 3 pt shot as that was the best part of his game but he seem to settle for that too much.
Literally not worried about this once he has the ball more and it’s his show. He just has to take a backseat this year for good reason.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Drop step between the legs is pretty damn impressive. I don’t even think famous dunker/social media influencer/video game model Kwintin Williams was able to do that one although I stopped following his Instagram a while ago.

Reaction Score
Critical jabronis take it easy.

The kid played well when we needed him and just won a national championship. Besides goofy speculation here on the board all signs pointed to him being a great teammate this year and hopefully an integral part of the program going forward.

I think his shooting form looks decent and he doesn’t get to the rim because the game sped up for him and he’s subsequently indecisive. He will be fine

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have 2 options here -
  1. Drop my jaw because a 6'3 guard just threw down a between the legs dunk off of a 1 step dropstep
  2. Brush it off because he's posting dunks on Instagram instead of getting three point reps up, at 9pm on a Tuesday, after the season ended
I pick #1

Also option 3: assume he’s doing both dunks and shooting reps, and drop your jaw while being super happy we have a freak scoring guard ready to explode as a sophomore.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Who cares. If Hurley isn't complaining then I have no issue at all with them doing this

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You can be jeered at, but right answer. Anyone who thinks Hurley wants his players in the gym shooting tik too videos instead of practicing 3s and foul shoots doesn’t understand Hurley yet. (And that’s not knocking Solo, who may have shot the video in between hundred sets of foul shots for all any of us know — just agreeing that players filming highlight reel dunks isn’t making anyone or the team better.)

Considering how often Hurley goes on podcasts, I understand him to be someone who appreciates the value of marketing.

Filming dunks is no substitute for putting in the work but they're not mutually exclusive and I think it's reasonable to assume Solo didn't go the gym to film a dunk. (Not that I'd care if he did.)

Reaction Score
I'm impressed they're even back in the gym. If I had just won a title 8 days ago, I'd still be partying
Right. Same here. It's why I was never able to make it to that level.

Well, that...and I'm 5'7", relatively unathletic, and it took until adulthood for me coach my left thumb out of my jumpshot. It's a damn good shot now, but, you know. . .

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He has all the talent in the world. But he needs to get to a place where he’s more sure of what he’s supposed to be doing on the court in the sets. Hass, Cam, TNew, etc were much more assertive. Ball caught the ball and hesitated which threw off the timing of the plays.

Reaction Score
You can be jeered at, but right answer. Anyone who thinks Hurley wants his players in the gym shooting tik too videos instead of practicing 3s and foul shoots doesn’t understand Hurley yet. (And that’s not knocking Solo, who may have shot the video in between hundred sets of foul shots for all any of us know — just agreeing that players filming highlight reel dunks isn’t making anyone or the team better.)
And if he did that for 3 hours, then posted a 5 second video of this.... ?

Reaction Score
He has all the talent in the world. But he needs to get to a place where he’s more sure of what he’s supposed to be doing on the court in the sets. Hass, Cam, TNew, etc were much more assertive. Ball caught the ball and hesitated which threw off the timing of the plays.
Especially in his 14 point game against UNC

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Every player I’ve ever known tried dunks before practice or workouts. It’s almost weird if he didn’t do this during a session.

Reaction Score
And they all played several years of college ball…we didn’t see any of their freshman seasons…

Reaction Score
Literally not worried about this once he has the ball more and it’s his show. He just has to take a backseat this year for good reason.
I'm still worried about his handle as he's gonna need it if he wants to get to the next level and not just be a jump shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom