Solo looks to be working already | The Boneyard

Solo looks to be working already

Reaction Score
Working on what…….looks like he is just showing off…not sure that qualifies as work.
You can be jeered at, but right answer. Anyone who thinks Hurley wants his players in the gym shooting tik tok videos instead of practicing 3s and foul shoots doesn’t understand Hurley yet. (And that’s not knocking Solo, who may have shot the video in between hundred sets of foul shots for all any of us know — just agreeing that players filming highlight reel dunks isn’t making anyone or the team better.)

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You can be jeered at, but right answer. Anyone who thinks Hurley wants his players in the gym shooting tik too videos instead of practicing 3s and foul shoots doesn’t understand Hurley yet. (And that’s not knocking Solo, who may have shot the video in between hundred sets of foul shots for all any of us know — just agreeing that players filming highlight reel dunks isn’t making anyone or the team better.)
Glad you added a bit of insight. From a 10 second clip there is nothing to conclude he was just there fooling around. He was in the gym and unlikely there just to do that clip. Hoops is still just a game and he was having a little fun.

Reaction Score
He played a key role in stephs absence. He's tasted greatness. There's no way that this kid is not gonna ball out. Don't forget we were surprised by almost everybody:
Cam
AJax
Sanogo
Hass
Joey
SJ
DC
Newt
AK
Jstew

I'm on the boneyard a ton; I know the majority of us had no idea what we had in these guys. The only guys we were amped on were steph and Hawk. And even then, they had a bunch of detractors. Haven't we learned?

TRUST!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You can be jeered at, but right answer. Anyone who thinks Hurley wants his players in the gym shooting tik too videos instead of practicing 3s and foul shoots doesn’t understand Hurley yet. (And that’s not knocking Solo, who may have shot the video in between hundred sets of foul shots for all any of us know — just agreeing that players filming highlight reel dunks isn’t making anyone or the team better.)
This isn't nail painting and dancing. They're clearly in the gym working and decided to show off on the way out. We got similar videos from Castle and crew last off season, it worked out pretty good.

Don't be a buzzkill, this is fun.

Reaction Score
Working on what…….looks like he is just showing off…not sure that qualifies as work.
Mean Girls Shut Up GIF

Reaction Score
I have 2 options here -
  1. Drop my jaw because a 6'3 guard just threw down a between the legs dunk off of a 1 step dropstep
  2. Brush it off because he's posting dunks on Instagram instead of getting three point reps up, at 9pm on a Tuesday, after the season ended
I pick #1

Reaction Score
Season ended 8 days ago. We gotta relax. Lol
Haaa. That's pretty funny actually.
But think:
How many chances do you have to be a voice amongst the best fans in the country, on the leading cbb fan forum, for the most dominant team in the past 30 years? I'm not ashamed to say that I think about UConn basketball a good percentage of the time.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
post / handle

Reaction Score
Old heads in here losing their minds over our guys having some fun at the end of a workout. No doubt in my mind they spent a couple of hours getting a proper basketball workout in before this. There isn't a single player in this program that doesn't work their ass off or take basketball seriously. DH has made sure of that.

Reaction Score
I'm impressed they're even back in the gym. If I had just won a title 8 days ago, I'd still be partying
Basketball is what they do. Probably get a little squirrelly if they are not in a gym after a couple of days. If you are a shooter, you are always working on your shot. I remember Jeremy Lamb trying to find gyms to use when he was traveling.

Reaction Score
Old heads in here losing their minds over our guys having some fun at the end of a workout. No doubt in my mind they spent a couple of hours getting a proper basketball workout in before this. There isn't a single player in this program that doesn't work their ass off or take basketball seriously. DH has made sure of that.
They shouldn't be allowed to dunk and filming it is just gratuitous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom