Soccer and the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Soccer and the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
110 minutes of soccer tonight and it ends in a 0-0 tie despite UConn dominating the stats.

That's why schools don't spend a ton of resources on men's soccer.

See my last statement above, which has nothing to do with college resources. If colligate men's soccer had TV ratings close to what the USMNT gets nowadays, there would be plenty of money.

Reaction Score
110 minutes of soccer tonight and it ends in a 0-0 tie despite UConn dominating the stats.

That's why schools don't spend a ton of resources on men's soccer.

I was at the game tonight. Despite taking quite a few corner kicks, the UConn offense really looked nonexistent tonight. They had a few good chances, but it wasn't as if they put all that many shots on goal, kept the ball deep in their offensive end, or put any sort of constant pressure on the St. Francis goalkeeper. They really looked like the very young team that they are, playing like they had just met each other. It also didn't help that outside back Dylan Greenberg came out of the game early in the first half with an injury and didn't return.

Reaction Score
It also didn't help that outside back Dylan Greenberg came out of the game early in the first half with an injury and didn't return.
Broken Collarbone - out for year.

Reaction Score
It also didn't help that outside back Dylan Greenberg came out of the game early in the first half with an injury and didn't return.

Broken Collarbone - out for year.

The report that he is out for the year may not be true - the tweet that stated it is no longer visible.

Reaction Score
Confirmed - out for year.

With the loss of Dylan Greenberg, and now having to rely on so many inexperienced and young players, I fear this could be a long year for the men's soccer team.

Reaction Score
Not sure how Indiana and Maryland don't make the top 10 list.

If you are talking about attendance, both Maryland and Indiana are usually in the Top 10 with respect to average attendance along with USCB, Cal Poly, Akron, Creighton, Virginia and a few others. I know Indiana had a rough season in 2013, I believe it was their first losing season in history, which likely impacted attendance in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom