So, just how good will the Huskies be in 2015-16? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, just how good will the Huskies be in 2015-16?

How good will UConn be next year?

• They'll contend for the NC but won't win it

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • UConn will have one of their "garden variety" NC winning seasons (e.g., 2000/2003/2015/etc)

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • UConn will run the table at minimum

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • UConn will be so great that 2002 and 2014 will have some competition...or be blown away

Votes: 36 32.1%
  • I have a separate prediction from the choices above

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCONN projected non-starters (Butler, Boykin, Williams, The PheenomTM and Chong) 2015-16 team would be ranked as high as 6th in WCBB if they were on a separate team behind only UCONN starters, ND, South Carolina, Baylor, and Tennessee IMO. So every UCONN practice will be more competitive than all but 2 regular season games. This is an exponential multiplier and will likely make this UCONN team one of the best ever-that’s really really really good!

Reaction Score
UCONN projected non-starters (Butler, Boykin, Williams, The PheenomTM and Chong) 2015-16 team would be ranked as high as 6th in WCBB if they were on a separate team behind only UCONN starters, ND, South Carolina, Baylor, and Tennessee IMO. So every UCONN practice will be more competitive than all but 2 regular season games. This is an exponential multiplier and will likely make this UCONN team one of the best ever-that’s really really really good!
So you have KLS starting? IMO Butler gets the nod although total minutes played by each should be close. Either way your main point is spot on. For any number of reasons, we will be a better team this year than last and by the end of next April there will be an endless debate on the BTE question.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Who is the pheenomtm? Only 6th ? :eek:

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Stewart Mojeff and Tuck are beyond very good. As great as past UConn teams have been these 3 are more dominate then any three UConn has had on the same team.

Sue, Swin, and Diana, et. al.

I guess we will know for sure next April

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Not to split hairs, but you left out a "really".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who is the pheenomtm? Only 6th ? :eek:
In April 2015 I submitted the required paperwork to trademark the the use of the nick name The Pheenom (and all derivations) in reference to Napheesa Collier.
For some reason I cannot get the TM superscript after the name on this board. Yes only 6th-IMO. Do you disagree? :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In April 2015 I submitted the required paperwork to trademark the the use of the nick name The Pheenom (and all derivations) in reference to Napheesa Collier.
For some reason I cannot get the TM superscript after the name on this board. Yes only 6th-IMO. Do you disagree? :cool:

Of course I disagree.... someone has to play devil's advocate. :cool:

Reaction Score
I disagree. Everything I read puts KLS ahead of Phenom but time will tell. You may be right she is ahead of KLS. Before you ask, I have Natalie, Morgan, Breanna, Kia and Moriah as the starting five.

Reaction Score
We won't know until next April, but I have to say that in my twenty plus years of following the Uconn woment this team rivals the 2002 team for generating preseason excitement, and I remember that Maya alone always made me want the season to start in August.

Having said that, I don't ever remember thinking a team had this much talent overall before. And as everyone has pointed out this promises to be our most athletic team; one that will have the abilty to attack in waves and score at will. But I also picked us to beat Stanford by 20 last year so I imagine that we will have a few anxious moments this year no matter how good we are.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I disagree. Everything I read puts KLS ahead of Phenom but time will tell. You may be right she is ahead of KLS. Before you ask, I have Natalie, Morgan, Breanna, Kia and Moriah as the starting five.
KLS versus NC will be one of the great subplots to next season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tony not sure what you are disagreeing with- this was not a rehash of who would start. For the sake of the argument I said KLS would start and The Pheenom ( 2e's please) would not. So even by that KLS is ahead of The Pheenom.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
KLS versus NC will be one of the great subplots to next season.
I think the subplot will continue for all 4 years at UCONN as they both chase POY and AA honors. They essentially play the same position-wing. One's strength (perimeter defense) is the other weakness. Another's strength (long range shooting) maybe the other's only weakness. Will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
With Loyd leaving ND and all the transfers across WCBB weakening so many teams and the talent level on UCONN's roster in 2015-2016, it just increases the gap that was already large to huge in Division I WBB! With Stewie, MoJeff, Tuck, Gabby, Chong, and in some ways NButler will carry the club from the beginning and the rookies will not have to prove themselves from the very start as Dolson & Hartley had to do as freshmen for example! They can improve gradually each game, each week, and the pressure on them will not be that bad! Which will only make them better in Jan., Feb., March, & April! By the time the AAC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament come along, watch out, UCONN will really be unbelievable!

Reaction Score
Alex - have always appreciated your insight and analysis. Wouldn't be surprised if next year's crew has everyone standing up and cheering.
College BB teams are guard driven, and we've got the the Nancy Lieberman award winner, who is probably the best defender at her position on the game as well. The doubters will be singing Natalie's praises when she graduates from UCONN. While Stefanie has a personality we all love, and made the most of her ability, Natalie's ceiling is higher, and with the staff's coaching, she'll make the climb, and WOW more than a few fans. If Gabby can get get that quick first step and jumper down, her quickness & leaping ability may have fans thinking of a WCBB version of David Thompson, or Michael Jordan. Even recently, Geno's mentioned what she's capable of. Her athleticism is rare. The rest of the supporting cast is anything but. And, the freshman will get up to speed fast. Oh, and did I mention Ms Fix It, Morgan Tuck, who began to come into her own last year, once she was healthy. By the end of the year, many considered her worthy of an AA selection. And, then there's Stewie. Have to admit, I smile when thinking back to her Freshman year and the naysayers about mid-season that year. She's always been way ahead of the curve, and still is. She's got what great athletes have. Not just the skill, but the desire, to be the best on every play. As Geno says, he wants to win every play, not just every game.
We'll see how the team melds this year, but, it wouldn't surprise this Husky fan if, at the end of the year, this team is considered the best ever.
and one wonders how I forgot about our energizer bunny, Kia, the Canuck Cruiser, whose hustle evokes memories of Shea, who never seemed to tire, and was the master of the back door cut. Kia's discipline with the ball, and fearlessness going to hole, are two more ingredients opponents will attempt to decode as they face the Huskies. If opponents thought last year's 1 vs 2 match-up was disheartening, this year's match-up in the S.C. capitol, will serve to remind those outside of Storrs why the Heart of a Husky is more that just a title!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tony not sure what you are disagreeing with- this was not a rehash of who would start. For the sake of the argument I said KLS would start and The Pheenom ( 2e's please) would not. So even by that KLS is ahead of The Pheenom.
I was disagreeing with Pheenom at #6. I listed my starters then KLS at #6. Leaving Pheenom at best to be #7. I just assumed that you (like so many) have KLS starting ahead of Natalie. But I read my post and it wasn't very clear. When you asked if anyone disagreed I thought you were looking for opinions. My apologies if I was mistaken.

Reaction Score
We won't know until next April, but I have to say that in my twenty plus years of following the Uconn woment this team rivals the 2002 team for generating preseason excitement, and I remember that Maya alone always made me want the season to start in August.

Having said that, I don't ever remember thinking a team had this much talent overall before. And as everyone has pointed out this promises to be our most athletic team; one that will have the abilty to attack in waves and score at will. But I also picked us to beat Stanford by 20 last year so I imagine that we will have a few anxious moments this year no matter how good we are.
IMO the 2001 team was the overall most talented team at UConn ever!Ralph,Abrosinova,Bird,Cash,Williams,Jones,Schumaker,,Conlin,Valley,Moore and Taurasi!If Shea and Svet stayed healthy it would have been NC number 3 and Notre Dame would have none!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Going out on a limb huh?
Lol I think in April, with all the numbers and stats posted, a NC win, etc. etc. we can contend if maybe this squad is "greater" than any other.

Still like the 2001 squad best IMO (talent wise)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

So you would put that squad over FSU? Florida State not Fresno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom