So, just how good will the Huskies be in 2015-16? | The Boneyard

So, just how good will the Huskies be in 2015-16?

How good will UConn be next year?

• They'll contend for the NC but won't win it

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • UConn will have one of their "garden variety" NC winning seasons (e.g., 2000/2003/2015/etc)

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • UConn will run the table at minimum

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • UConn will be so great that 2002 and 2014 will have some competition...or be blown away

Votes: 36 32.1%
  • I have a separate prediction from the choices above

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't think it'll surprise anybody that UConn is going to be really good next year. I mean, four starters return, including the consensus best WCBB player in the country and the best point guard. We've also got the basketball-savvy powerhouse Morgan Tuck, three promising rising sophomores ready to make a leap, a transfer who's exactly the kind of player we haven't had last season, and quite possibly the best two incoming freshmen in the country.

So just how good will the Huskies be? Will the competition be the current field of WCBB, or will it be history? What sort of a spectacle will we get to see? Will UConn's current win streak, which sits at 37 games, be active by season's end?

In short, what are we in for? And how little can you wait for November? I can't wait one nanosecond myself...

Reaction Score
I believe that everybody on the team wants to make sure that Breanna and Moriah go out with four championships, plus they will make darn sure they don't lose their last college game, which would be a horrible ending to two great careers.

My first post, but I have been a Husky fan since CPTV televised their first game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What is meant by choice #3 "UCONN will run the table at minimum"? If you run the table how much more can you do?

We've had five teams that have run the table. No one argues that 1995 was the greatest UConn team ever, and a lot argue that 2002 or 2014 is. So minimum is 39-0 but with some very close calls, and better that is more like the 10+ point minimum per-game MOV (a la 2009 and 2014). Even better than that would be the choice of being in the conversation for best incarnation of the Huskies ever.

Reaction Score
Alex - have always appreciated your insight and analysis. Wouldn't be surprised if next year's crew has everyone standing up and cheering.
College BB teams are guard driven, and we've got the the Nancy Lieberman award winner, who is probably the best defender at her position on the game as well. The doubters will be singing Natalie's praises when she graduates from UCONN. While Stefanie has a personality we all love, and made the most of her ability, Natalie's ceiling is higher, and with the staff's coaching, she'll make the climb, and WOW more than a few fans. If Gabby can get get that quick first step and jumper down, her quickness & leaping ability may have fans thinking of a WCBB version of David Thompson, or Michael Jordan. Even recently, Geno's mentioned what she's capable of. Her athleticism is rare. The rest of the supporting cast is anything but. And, the freshman will get up to speed fast. Oh, and did I mention Ms Fix It, Morgan Tuck, who began to come into her own last year, once she was healthy. By the end of the year, many considered her worthy of an AA selection. And, then there's Stewie. Have to admit, I smile when thinking back to her Freshman year and the naysayers about mid-season that year. She's always been way ahead of the curve, and still is. She's got what great athletes have. Not just the skill, but the desire, to be the best on every play. As Geno says, he wants to win every play, not just every game.
We'll see how the team melds this year, but, it wouldn't surprise this Husky fan if, at the end of the year, this team is considered the best ever.

Reaction Score
The real question is: Who can challenge them? I admit that I follow the Huskies closely, but I really don't follow all the others. The Carolinas seem to be pretty talented, Tara is always a PIA, and ND is always around. Beyond that, I need help, please.

Reaction Score
Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia, Natalie, Gabby, Napheesa, Katie Lou, Saniya, Courtney, De'Janae. That's a very impressive team.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This team will be in the discussion for best team ever- I'll be shocked if they aren't.
Their subs will run people off the floor- relentless good!

Reaction Score
As of now 94% think we'll win the NC and 64% think we'll go undefeated. Kinda like before the Stanford game last year. (It only took a couple games after that to get right back to this level of optimism). I wonder how a secret ballot of the team would come out.

Reaction Score
The only thing I wish for is going the whole season, start to the end, everyone healthy! And let the chips fall where they may! But if they can remain healthy all the way through they will be great! 25+ point wins, 40 pts. against avg., Stewie, MoJeff, and Tuck All-American 1st team, Nurse 2nd team AA, Butler Honorable mention AA, Gabby avg. a double/double in points & RB's coming off the bench, Saniya avg. 11 points off the bench, type great!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I believe that everybody on the team wants to make sure that Breanna and Moriah go out with four championships, plus they will make darn sure they don't lose their last college game, which would be a horrible ending to two great careers.

My first post, but I have been a Husky fan since CPTV televised their first game.
HORRIBLE! really?

thanks for joining...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You will not only have 3 first team AAs you will have all three that are 1,2, and 3 for NPOY. There is no team in WCBB that can come within double digits of UConn this season and perhaps depending on how the under classman develop no team that can come within 20 pts of them . Stewart Mojeff and Tuck are beyond very good. As great as past UConn teams have been these 3 are more dominate then any three UConn has had on the same team. This team will not run up the score however it is going to be very difficult for them not to score a lot of points just because theyre that good. We have non starters that are that will be fun to watch as they develop.

Well I guess its almost a given that UConn will go undefeated and win another NC. I don't see any team competing with them this season.

Reaction Score
I voted 2002/14 good but that's best guess and assumes no major injuries

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Since some of this is dependent on freshmen it's hard to be as sure about things as you could be prior to a season like 2013. That said, the talent level is overwhelming. I'd challenge anyone to find a top-7/8 in the history of the sport with more ability.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How good? "Wrath of God" good. Genghis Khan good. Spanish Armada good. Sherman marching to the sea good.
You should have quit after Genghis. The Spanish Armada didn't fare so well. (Although Sherman was pretty successful.)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
How good? "Wrath of God" good. Genghis Khan good. Spanish Armada good. Sherman marching to the sea good.
But your point is well taken. :)

May I suggest the US 5th Fleet under Admiral Spruance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom