Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For what it's worth I've seen Oz and KO laughing it up in the basketball practice center before. They're close, there's no denying that.
I'm close to the guy I buy a beer from at GCT, doesn't mean I tell him how screwed up things are.

Oh well....if anyone else commits for 2017 great but at this point need to focus on 2018 class.

Reaction Score
Anyone shocked by these recruiting outcomes this late in the 2017 game after fumbling your entire class away last year doesn't understand NCAA recruiting or college athletics in general.

The fact that we're having difficulty putting a class together at the last minute isn't a surprise or really the main concern.

It's the way that basically every recruiting or player retention outcome has been negative, and most of them appear to have caught the staff off-guard.

Reaction Score
Oz is talking to the staff. Be pissed at the staff not oz..

I can't believe you actually think this. Does that really make any sense to you. Why would they tell him anything.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I noticed Sid never put the St. John's stuff on - even the hat. It's about $15k a year in cash; can't blame the parents.

Having said that, an embarrassing miss - at least Warde was in the Tropics - and not watching the YardGoats. KO never successfully leveraged his Team USA coaching. I appreciate people sharing stuff with me - just difficult when the people who are suppose to know with certainty don't - but there are no guarantees in life.
I'm pretty certain the housing stipend has been ended, but keep pushing that narrative.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think Oz just can't interpret what the staff is telling him. Either way, I'm not in the Fire KO boat yet. But there are clearly some major issues going on behind the scenes that need to be worked out

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah - what do I know? Want me to ruin your night on Waters too?

You're the angel of death man. And I say that in the nicest way possible. Every recruiting thread, I dread the (what seems inevitable these days) 'next' being thrown down. Dread.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah - what do I know? Want me to ruin your night on Waters too?

Dude let it air out. If you can't and are willing pm me, I'm dying to know now. Who's out and we might actually be able to join.

Like, has the staff even talked to that VCU center who is a grad transfer?

Reaction Score
I still stand by my beleif that the kid wanted to come here. Too many external factors pulling him in the other direction tho. Shame

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You're the angel of death man. And I say that in the nicest way possible. Every recruiting thread, I hang on for a 'next'... Dread.

Can we call him the phantasm? Or am I the only nerd here?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Dude let it air out. If you can't and are willing pm me, I'm dying to know now. Who's out and we might actually be able to join.

Like, has the staff even talked to that VCU center who is a grad transfer?

He's been committed to TCU for a while now.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I noticed Sid never put the St. John's stuff on - even the hat. It's about $15k a year in cash; can't blame the parents.

Having said that, an embarrassing miss - at least Warde was in the Tropics - and not watching the YardGoats. KO never successfully leveraged his Team USA coaching. I appreciate people sharing stuff with me - just difficult when the people who are suppose to know with certainty don't - but there are no guarantees in life.

Couldn't agree with you more, Chief. Ollie got caught making sure the Goats were in the Yard before he confi _ _ed (88%) that the chickens were in the coop

C

Chief00

St. John's can no longer give recruits that since building on-campus dorms
That's not true - they can pay them up to the dorm/meal plan rate before it was the housing market rate.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The fact that we're having difficulty putting a class together at the last minute isn't a surprise or really the main concern.

It's the way that basically every recruiting or player retention outcome has been negative, and most of them appear to have caught the staff off-guard.
Like I said months ago when the bad off-season news broke, there's stuff happening behind the scenes that we here in all our takes and narratives have no idea are taking place, but you can only say something so many times here before it creates a s***storm. The conversations taking place during recruiting visits by other coaches, the perception of the program and staff's ability to put elite players in a position to succeed here and professionally, is not being looked at favorably at the moment. The cbb community and incoming players and personnel do not have faith in the current UConn structure.

Reaction Score
Like I said months ago when the bad off-season news broke, there's stuff happening behind the scenes that we here in all our takes and narratives have no idea are taking place. The conversations taking place during recruiting visits by other coaches, the perception of the program and staff's ability to put elite players in a position to succeed here and professionally, is not being looked at favorably at the moment. The sport and talent incoming players and personnel do not have faith in the current structure.
and beyond that the staff seems to be clueless. what a combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01