Should the Infamous Boneyard have a Twitter presence? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should the Infamous Boneyard have a Twitter presence?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I love Twitter... fresh info!
Just about all announcements on here come from Tweets!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I once had a conversation with some Ham radio enthusiasts... I asked, in all innocence, "Isn't that television, and haven't we had that for decades?" They were hard pressed to answer...Ham television, the the answer to a question that no one has asked.

You asked the wrong ham, I guess. Amateur television, like its predecessor slow scan TV was a clever adaptation of a mass medium (TV) to communication between individuals that requires no public or corporate facilities. Its function is somewhat more fairly compared to Internet apps like Facetime or Skype. But even with these examples, Internet infrastructure is required. Hams work to have reliable communications in many forms when disaster or worse knocks out all those corporate owned microwave towers. In the days after hurricane Katrina, amateur radio operators had most of the only communication systems that still worked. Today, hams use digital modes like PSK31 to communicate world-wide with something that resembles Internet chatting, but without the Internet.

It’s a great hobby, and it has an important public service component in the background, waiting for the next call to duty.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would we have to get our tats covered up, too?
Ah, where exactly do you have a tat, Coach? Never mind. I think we are all better off not knowing. :eek:

Reaction Score
Folks act like Twitter is a new thing. Many here have been tweeting since 1957. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom