Should the Infamous Boneyard have a Twitter presence? | The Boneyard

Should the Infamous Boneyard have a Twitter presence?

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I know Twitter is considered a medium for the young at heart and most of the contributor's on Boneyard currently have more of a past behind them than a future ahead of them, but don't you guys think it would be interesting the bridge the gaps with a twitter account representing Some of the "Wisdom & Humor" often displayed on the Boneyard Forum? Don't know if this subject has been brought up before, so forgive me if it has... :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
IDK. Twitter has always felt like some collective, societal stream of conciousness. Some of it timely, some unseemly, most of it best left unsaid. I'm ambivalent about it, so I'll leave it for others to decide.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is the Boneyard really infamous? Maybe to some ...

Reaction Score
Is the Boneyard really infamous? Maybe to some ...
I can think of one person and one program, separate and distinct; undefined person; Rocky top program.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of the BY'ers could get their point across in 120 charters or what ever it is now. #Whatever just doesn't cut it for me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't Twitter; I don't even know how to Twitter and I don't want to learn how to Twitter..is it that clear??!
Yea the two questions marks followed by the single exclamation point makes it pretty clear. :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am by no means a social media maven, but I must say I kinda like the idea, in the abstract, of a Boneyard twitter presence.

But the devil is in the details. Who would run it? Who would decide what to tweet or not tweet, what to retweet or not retweet, etc.? Not sure it's really feasible.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Who will be our Lavar Ball? We won't make it unless we can feud.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am by no means a social media maven, but I must say kinda like the idea, in the abstract, of a Boneyard twitter presence.
But the devil is in the details. Who would run it? Who would decide what to tweet or not tweet, what to retweet or not retweet, etc.? Not sure it's really feasible.
It's never going to be feasible when you have more questions than answers.
I nominate "you" as the answer to all your questions.:D

HGN

Reaction Score
I say NO Twitter.......The BY is good enough as is.

Reaction Score
I think between the Uconnblog, UconnWBB, Uconn Athletics, all of the former players, the sports reporters and the BY-ers who tweet, that we have it covered.

The young kids SnapChat and IG. Twitter is still fairly popular but is mainly the older millennials/Gen X'ers.

Reaction Score
Would we have to get our tats covered up, too?
Show 'em if you have them. I'm one of the only non-military in my family. So I don't have any but I don't begrudge those that do.
Your body. Your freedom of expression.

Reaction Score
Show 'em if you have them. I'm one of the only non-military in my family. So I don't have any but I don't begrudge those that do.
Your body. Your freedom of expression.
Try telling that to CD! :)

Reaction Score
I once had a conversation with some Ham radio enthusiasts, and if you want to see enthusiastic enthusiasts, talk to Ham radio folks. At least, they used to be. This story happened maybe 20 years ago, but its point is still valid. At least, I think it is. Anyway...

I was talking to them and this guy was talking about the latest advance in Ham radio technology. Seems there was now a way to not only talk on radio -- the audio part -- but they could actually SEE the person they were talking to as well. And I asked, in all innocence, "Isn't that television, and haven't we had that for decades?" They were hard pressed to answer.

Anyway, IMHO, Boneyard Twitter, like Ham television, the the answer to a question that no one has asked.

Reaction Score
How about for those who don't want to tweet, don't. For those who do, go for it and use "#TheBoneyard" as a hashtag.

Those who choose not to tweet, will have to lurk on Twitter to find out what we're saying about them. Ha, ha.

Also, anyone can join in at any time, Boneyarders or not, just by using our hashtag. Heck, we may end up finding out what the rest of the world really does think of us and UConn. It might get interesting!
:eek: :D :mad: :( :p :cool:

Reaction Score
Time to start getting ready for the game. Go Huskies! #TheBoneyard :)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
IMHO, twitter is for twits. Oh, and only the Cesspool part of the BY is infamous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom