Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
stop the madness. shonn miller is not nearly the basketball player stone is. Miller can't even shoot threes well, he is a rebounder ( which we need) but so is stone. and stone is also a premier option on the block. And he can hit mid range jumpers. Also miller would only be here one year, the same as stone.
This is all true, but I'd bet my left arm that Miller is better at reading, organizing and communicating on defense, which is something we desperately need on our front line. Freshman bigs - even guys like Towns - struggle with their reads (look at how many times he got back-doored yesterday, and he picked up 3 of his 4 fouls b/c of late rotations) and calling out switches before they happen. Okafor is even worse, and those guys are going Nos. 1 & 2 in the draft.

Stone is cut from the same cloth. I'd definitely take him over Miller if it came down to that, but it's not madness to say that Miller probably solves a couple of crucial issues for us that Stone probably wouldn't.

EDIT: He's enrolled in the college of agriculture & life sciences, btw. Advantage UConn!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
stop the madness. shonn miller is not nearly the basketball player stone is. Miller can't even shoot threes well, he is a rebounder ( which we need) but so is stone. and stone is also a premier option on the block. And he can hit mid range jumpers. Also miller would only be here one year, the same as stone.
Yes, which buys us time for Enoch to develop.

Reaction Score
other top schools are calling. I heard osu ku and others

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
he would be an excellent piece to add to the roster. Agree!

However he isn't the difference between a good and bad season( making or missing the NCAAs) ...Disagree: having one more experienced player on the court who plays with confidence and knows how to play basketball would be HUGE. Someone who boxes out and pursues the ball for rebounds.

If miller could equal kromahs output that would be incredible, we don't need him to be some all conference player. Agree...he doesn't need to be a star...but 10 ppg and 8 rbg plus 1 assist per game out of the four would again be HUGE!

Reaction Score
I pointed this out in another thread, but Miller has the sixth best defensive rebounding percentage in the country. That combined with his ability to step out and stretch the floor make him an absolute perfect fit here. It's going to be hard to find another player whose skill-set so closely fits exactly what this team needs.

Reaction Score
This may be where Glen Miller earns his keep. Being a longtime Ivy HC, he probably has a window into how these kids' minds work.
Glen bringing home the bacon! Nice to know we have a recruiting advantage with Miller on this 1! Same last name to! woooooooohooooooooooo!

Reaction Score
Stone vs. Miller argument is a new level of stupid. Who cares? We have a shot with one and the other is a Terp. Miller is a NEED. Rebounding is all I care about from him and the 16 ppg on 45% shooting is frosting on the cake. He is athletic, big, experienced and allows Enoch to develop without having to carry the burdon of making up for Nolan and Brimah's deficiencies. All that said with his suitors and our recent string of losing out on players the staff may need a miracle to win him over those schools mentioned.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Stone vs. Miller argument is a new level of stupid.
Talking about the game, and why certain people value attribute A over attribute B is never stupid.

This place isn't just for folks to scream and panic about the future of the program; it's a place for folks who love hoops to talk about it.

Reaction Score
Stone vs. Miller argument is a new level of stupid. Who cares? We have a shot with one and the other is a Terp. Miller is a NEED. Rebounding is all I care about from him and the 16 ppg on 45% shooting is frosting on the cake. He is athletic, big, experienced and allows Enoch to develop without having to carry the burdon of making up for Nolan and Brimah's deficiencies. All that said with his suitors and our recent string of losing out on players the staff may need a miracle to win him over those schools mentioned.
I am happy we are in there trying to get him. That is the first step regardless of outcome. I wasn't aware of his availability until posted by TCF (sp). It would be wonderful to see this BY seed grow into a beautiful and majestic tree. :) Love to get Miller!

Reaction Score
Yeah, but he isn't coming here so, Next. This kid could be sort of that stretch 4, DDaniels was for us. If he improves 3pt%, to about 35 percent and gives us close 8 boards and a blk, per game, what??? That is like just what the dr ordered.
i realize he isn't coming here, which is why people should stop popping up saying, "this kid will be better for us than stone would have been!"

FWIW I'll take any 6'6+ transfer who competes. kid could be great if he decides to play for KO.

Reaction Score
Also Miller is not 'big', he is the same size as daniel hamilton. he was 'big' in the ivy league, not @ a high major. its his motor that would indicate his success

Reaction Score
Also Miller is not 'big', he is the same size as daniel hamilton. he was 'big' in the ivy league, not @ a high major. its his motor that would indicate his success
Miller doesn't have 20 pounds on Hamilton???

Reaction Score
He should be more than adequate against the likes of ECU, Tulane, and others in this league. Step one for next year should be to dominate this league in teh regular season. I always remeber Calhoun saying priority number one is trying to win the conference. Next year should be about back to basics for us.

Reaction Score
This team desperately needs inside scoring. And even though he isn't very tall or wide, he has great length which he actually uses to play defense, which is more than could be said for Facey at this point.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
He's Montrezl Harrell's size.

Reaction Score
He's Montrezl Harrell's size.
matrim relax we are not getting a harrell type player lol, trez is 6'8 240 with a 7'+ wingspan. Hell we might not be at the top of the list for miller so , the point entirely is moot

Matrim55

Reaction Score
matrim relax we are not getting a harrell type player lol, trez is 6'8 240 with a 7'+ wingspan. Hell we might not be at the top of the list for miller so , the point entirely is moot
Harrell's 6-foot-6 with a 7-foot-3 wingspan: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Montrezl-Harrell-7019/

That's roughly the same as Adrien. And while I doubt Miller's wingspan is that long, he's clearly a "big" if you look at his physique, rebounding & shot blocking numbers.

Reaction Score
He does seem to play with great tenacity. Combine that with his experience and I can unsterstand why so many schools want him.

Maybe it's cause their on TV right now, but I see a similar player to MSU's Brandon Dawson in terms of size and athletic ability. Perfect Fit for us. Fingers crossed on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom