Shoni Schimmel- 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shoni Schimmel- 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I don't get it. Shoni was the all-star game MVP. Leave her alone. There are people in all walks of life who look "out of shape."
No one knows what goes on physically or mentally inside a person; or what problems they face each day.
Shoni sat in front of me at the Albany Regionals. She did not look abnormally out of shape. She went out of her way to sign many autographs, and to have her picture taken many times with fans. Look at some of the professional athletes in all sports. Are they all "in shape?" Do they all look the same?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the nerve of people... we need a "Post a Pic of Your Abs Day" on the Boneyard

Reaction Score
the nerve of people... we need a "Post a Pic of Your Abs Day" on the Boneyard
Most of us aren't trying to play in the best women's BB league in the world.

PS: If you looked at a pic of me without a shirt in March and looked at one of me today you'd be surprised.

I've run three miles (uphill halfway) and rode a bike for about twelve miles almost every day. Also have been doing stomach exercises and lifting dumbells every other day.

If I can do it just to get in shape then she can do it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Update: Shoni sat on the bench until the 4:00 minute mark in the first half today and only got to play a couple of minutes.

She is second in voting for the East so far.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Most of us aren't trying to play in the best women's BB league in the world.

PS: If you looked at a pic of me without a shirt in March and looked at one of me today you'd be surprised.

I've run three miles (uphill halfway) and rode a bike for about twelve miles almost every day. Also have been doing stomach exercises and lifting dumbells every other day.

If I can do it just to get in shape then she can do it.
oh thats it... you expect everyone to be like you. you're the man!

Reaction Score
Shots fired!

Attachments

• shots-fired.jpg
    shots-fired.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 40
Reaction Score
She could've stayed in condition so that's no excuse.

I don't think she realizes that she doesn't know how to play defense.
She's young either she gets it or she doesn't. What's the big deal?

Reaction Score
She's young either she gets it or she doesn't. What's the big deal?
IMO- she's close to getting cut by Atlanta. She could very well be out of the league if she doesn't buckle down.

Reaction Score
Shoni didn't even get in the game tonight.

Two rookies and two vets went in in front of her. She's deep in Coop's doghouse.

They asked him about her and he said "There's a strong possibility" she might get in the game but she didn't.

Weird situation:

the second leading All Star game vote getter can't get into a game.

Reaction Score
Just read on twitter, Coach Cooper said Shoni will not play until she gets in shape.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
IMHO Shoni's fans are some of her biggest problems. Don't get me wrong, she can be a very energizing, exciting player. As much as I loved her at Louisville, it was mixed with equal amounts of frustration and handwringing. Coach Walz always talked about her as high risk, high reward. I get that for sure.

However, as a fan of the game, Shoni can make you crazy. I believe there are Shoni fans and basketball fans. The two do not always/often mix. Being a popular player helps put butts in the seats, but then you get grumpy, angry fans when she is not playing. Her overwhelming popularity may make it difficult for her to separate her ability from her actual production. The difference between those two right now are widening. Not what you want or expect to see at this level. As a basketball fan first, this is glaring to me.

I am glad to hear Cooper come out and say she is not playing because of her fitness. Basketball fans know that. Shoni fans, not so much. The onus is squarely on her to fix this issue. I wish her well. Oh how I want her to take the league by storm and bring her exciting brand of play to this level. Good luck, Shoni. You have fans on both sides of the fence wanting you to do well.

Reaction Score
Just read on twitter, Coach Cooper said Shoni will not play until she gets in shape.
It's really only fair to all the other hungry players who busted their butts, so to speak, to make a team. Coop sees this and gives them a chance to prove themselves.

Shoni kinda looks like a would-be Diva here but Coop isn't having any of that.

How many championship teams has he played on and coached?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's what the announcers said last night. They also said that Shoni was doing two-a-days and making progress. She looked trimmer to me, but still not as slim as she could be--or Coop apparently wants her to be.

Reaction Score
IMHO Shoni's fans are some of her biggest problems. Don't get me wrong, she can be a very energizing, exciting player. As much as I loved her at Louisville, it was mixed with equal amounts of frustration and handwringing. Coach Walz always talked about her as high risk, high reward. I get that for sure.

However, as a fan of the game, Shoni can make you crazy. I believe there are Shoni fans and basketball fans. The two do not always/often mix. Being a popular player helps put butts in the seats, but then you get grumpy, angry fans when she is not playing. Her overwhelming popularity may make it difficult for her to separate her ability from her actual production. The difference between those two right now are widening. Not what you want or expect to see at this level. As a basketball fan first, this is glaring to me.

I am glad to hear Cooper come out and say she is not playing because of her fitness. Basketball fans know that. Shoni fans, not so much. The onus is squarely on her to fix this issue. I wish her well. Oh how I want her to take the league by storm and bring her exciting brand of play to this level. Good luck, Shoni. You have fans on both sides of the fence wanting you to do well.
I think that she was going out to indian reservations this winter and speaking to tribal members (maybe they were feeding her too much all winter). All that adoration may have went to her head.

The "Rez Ball" thing isn't gonna fly in the WNBA. You can be flashy but you also have to play defense. Pete Maravich and Bob Cousey could play defense.

I don't understand where her head was last winter.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Striper69 are you a coach or fitness trainer, drill sargent... damn you dont play, you expect perfection. Im not trying to bash just saying your words are very strong on a message board so Im sure in person you're no joke

Reaction Score
Striper69 are you a coach or fitness trainer, drill sargent... damn you dont play, you expect perfection. Im not trying to bash just saying your words are very strong on a message board so Im sure in person you're no joke
Just tellin' it like it is...

it really doesn't matter what I think anyway. I'm just a fan giving my opinion/commenting on a message board.

Coop is the one benching her.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just tellin' it like it is...
that's fine, not complaining... I see that you're a fitness guy but I'm also reading something about your "discipline and toughness".

Reaction Score
that's fine, not complaining... I see that you're a fitness guy but I'm also reading something about your "discipline and toughness".
Maybe your imagination is running away from you?

It's happened before. People try to read too much into internet meanderings...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe your imagination is running away from you?

It's happened before. People try to read too much into internet meanderings...
I not reading into anything, Im "asking" straight up...

seems that most of your post are about the wrongs of people/players... fault finding

Reaction Score
You're imagining things, Dude.

Might have to block you. I don't like reading annoying posters or argueing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You're imagining things, Dude.

Might have to block you. I don't like reading annoying posters or argueing.
hahaha... Im not arguing, just trying to get an understanding but do as you wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom