Shabazz's High School Jersey Being Retired | The Boneyard

Shabazz's High School Jersey Being Retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like many have said congrats to him, he really has deserved it! Also, he will likely become a Husky of Honor!!!
image.jpg

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You might want to add "high school" jersey to your post title. He's got some ncaa tourney games to get into Husky Ring of Honor

Reaction Score
You might want to add "high school" jersey to your post title. He's got some ncaa tourney games to get into Husky Ring of Honor
Good point. Just did.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me, Shabazz is a no-brainer for Husky Ring of Honor. They won't announce it during the season but he's guaranteed to be honored in the future.
yeah unless he leads us to a NC this year he'll have to wait like others... kemba was an exception because of how friggin insane he went that year

Reaction Score
@HerewegoJoe: Touching speech from Napier here in Charlestown, speaking of his mother as his motivation. Video will be up on @espnbostonhs later tonight.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me, Shabazz is a no-brainer for Husky Ring of Honor. They won't announce it during the season but he's guaranteed to be honored in the future.
No chance unless they make a final four run and even then it's questionable.

Reaction Score
No chance unless they make a final four run and even then it's questionable.

I'd say there is a very good chance considering he's already won a National Championship and will finish top 10 in scoring and top 5 in assists all time.

Edit: I'm assuming you think he will make it eventually just not this year (ala Kemba) right?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'd say there is a very good chance considering he's already won a National Championship and will finish top 10 in scoring and top 5 in assists all time.

Edit: I'm assuming you think he will make it eventually just not this year (ala Kemba) right?
No. I think he needs to lead them to the final four to get in.

Reaction Score
Insane much?
Bazz will get in. But Ben Gordon isn't in yet. Doron Sheffer isn't in yet. Caron Butler isn't in yet. Thabeet isn't in yet. El-Amin isn't in yet. The list could keep going.

They don't put people in often, and lots of other good players aren't in yet. Bazz will get in, but I highly doubt he gets the Kemba treatment.

Reaction Score
CAHUSKY - Bazz is an absolute lock for the Ring of Honor. Besides helping us win a title and his statistical accomplishments he stayed with the team when everybody else bolted 2 yrs ago. He is what the Husky ring of Honor is all about.

Reaction Score
I do agree with previous posters though - he won't get the Kemba treatment

Reaction Score
I thought to be on the Ring of Honor you had to be Player of the Year or first team All American. That's why Gordon and Butler aren't on there. Bazz has a decent chance to be first team All American if the team does very well from here on out.

Reaction Score
I thought to be on the Ring of Honor you had to be Player of the Year or first team All American. That's why Gordon and Butler aren't on there. Bazz has a decent chance to be first team All American if the team does very well from here on out.
Here's the current list of the Huskies of Honor...I bolded those who were at least First Team All America in a major publication:

4 Ray Allen

44 Wes Bialosuknia

22 Bill Corley

3 Walt Dropo

22 Rudy Gay

32 Richard Hamilton

42 Tony Hanson

42 Toby Kimball

42 Donyell Marshall

50 Emeka Okafor

13 Worthy Patterson

25 Art Quimby

00 Clifford Robinson

13 Chris Smith

52 Corny Thompson

15 Kemba Walker

So, it's clear that it's more than just that distinction to be a "Husky of Honor."

D

Deleted member 3149

Wow, UConn is lucky to have him as not only a student athlete, but as a leader as well. Smart kid, glad he is able to motivate others to be great like him.

Reaction Score
I don't think he gets the Kemba treatment, that was unique. But he is certainly far more deserving than Rudy Gay, and I like Rudy.

Reaction Score
The list is not that exclusive. Thus, Bazz will certainly make it. If there were only three, they would be Ray Allen, Kemba Walker and Wes Bialosuknia. After that it would be Emeka Okafor, Richard Hamilton and Chris Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom