SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 40 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Derrick Jones' ceiling is just as high as Diallo's. If he became a plus three point shooter, he's a guaranteed lottery pick. You could say the same about Diallo if he can tighten his handle enough to be a true CG.

If Jones didn't have suspect academics, he's probably a Husky right now and we'd all be slobbering over him. He's going to be fun to watch for UNLV fans in due time.

Will Jones be eligible this season?

Reaction Score
Derrick Jones' ceiling is just as high as Diallo's. If he became a plus three point shooter, he's a guaranteed lottery pick. You could say the same about Diallo if he can tighten his handle enough to be a true CG.

If Jones didn't have suspect academics, he's probably a Husky right now and we'd all be slobbering over him. He's going to be fun to watch for UNLV fans in due time.

Not sure where you see a lottery pick on this guy Rip. Highlight dunks become a lot less when you get to college and beyond. He's a freak no doubt but you need game to be more than a playground hero. Not seeing a lot other than the show but never know. He will need to become a lot better shooter and ball handler though to see the first round never mind the lottery.

If I had my druthers it would be Diallo and that's not because we still have a chance. Just like the overall potential a little more.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Not sure where you see a lottery pick on this guy Rip. Highlight dunks become a lot less when you get to college and beyond. He's a freak no doubt but you need game to be more than a playground hero. Not seeing a lot other than the show but never know. He will need to become a lot better shooter and ball handler though to see the first round never mind the lottery.

If I had my druthers it would be Diallo and that's not because we still have a chance. Just like the overall potential a little more.
I think you're using "ceiling/potential" when you really mean "realistic ceiling". I fully expect Diallo to be a more complete player too, but they have comparable ceilings if they developed insanely well.

Reaction Score
I think you're using "ceiling/potential" when you really mean "realistic ceiling". I fully expect Diallo to be a more complete player too, but they have comparable ceilings if they developed insanely well.

Nah I think there's a bunch of 6'7" guys who can't shoot but can jump out of the gym but not as many 6'4 0r 6'5 guys who can do it all. You are right they both need to improve in many ways, but I like Diallo's chances to do so better.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Nah I think there's a bunch of 6'7" guys who can't shoot but can jump out of the gym but not as many 6'4 0r 6'5 guys who can do it all. You are right they both need to improve in many ways, but I like Diallo's chances to do so better.
Looks like we can't be friends anymore. Farewell, mau.

*Lonely Man song from Hulk*

Reaction Score
Looks like we can't be friends anymore. Farewell, mau.

*Lonely Man song from Hulk*

Damn I meant no harm Rip. Let me rethink this one - "I agree with you Jones ceiling is huge"

Friends again? :D

Reaction Score
So much for the done deal...
Wouldn't go that far - if UConn was gonna beat UK for a recruit, I think a player like Diallo is the most likely.

Reaction Score
DOOOOOOOOOMMEEDD

I mean after all Mr "If I Want a Player I will Take Him" is now recruiting him. We're screwed.

Lol, I think you got my sarcasm but I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't go that far - if UConn was gonna beat UK for a recruit, I think a player like Diallo is the most likely.

I know, I was just waiting for the thread to implode after you posted that.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

I've been following this thread since it first got posted, but this is the first video that I took the time to watch, and after watching it, I am absolutely stoked that we're pushing hard for this young man. I'm not a psychoanalyist like some of our PhD's on here, but this guy seems extremely genuine, seems like he has an incredible passion for the game and regardless of where he commits, I want to see him succeed. Here's to hoping that he succeeds in Storrs.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well, I only have a Master's, but he certainly seem to be a sincere, honest, good kid to me.

Reaction Score
Unless he can see the future, I'm not putting much stock in this.

Hahaha..yes he can not see the future...but...He said he talked to the coach.. (this is why I say take with a grain of salt).

Reaction Score
Top tos said again that he is staying in the 2017 class
Interesting that he also said that Diallo will be the number 1 rated SG in their rankings when the new 2017 rankings come out.

And to be fair, here is what he said about Diallo reclassifying to 2016.

To address question earlier in the thread, Diallo and his coaches have said repeatedly that he's not interested in moving to the class of 2016. Of course we have heard that song from others before him, but for now we have to take him at his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom