SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I've had a feeling for a while that he ends up a 2016 UConn commit. I really hope that happens. He's a great player, lock him up and get him here ASAP.
That would seem to fit nice. Louisville already has ESPN ranked # 43 Donovan Mitchell at SG
for 2015. As noted Louisville cannot match NBA level guards with UConn. Get him KO.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
One of his best ftiends is coming here, we've been in it since the beginning and he's a homegrown talent. No reason to worry as of now
Until pen meets paper, yes we should be concerned

Reaction Score
I heard a list of other top schools are or about to offer (ku and Ohio st for example)

Reaction Score
Ugh we so need this kid... better not F it up, we're guard U, he's in CT, his buddy already committed, I got my car washed the other day, I love ham, it just has to come together

Reaction Score
Ugh we so need this kid... better not F it up, we're guard U, he's in CT, his buddy already committed, I got my car washed the other day, I love ham, it just has to come together
I love lamp

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I think everybody needs to relax a bit - we are still in a great place with Hami. KO is on quite a recruiting streak right now and I have confidence that if Diallo is one of his main targets (which it seems like he is) then we will keep him local and team him up with Diarra.

Kansas didn't scare me in the Jalen Adams battle and neither did OSU when it came to Gibbs. I'm not sure why their is a misconception that Louisville produces good NBA guards but he's making these comments on the heels of new offers from these schools so I would take them with a grain of salt.

We have been there from the start and will be there to the very end with him

Reaction Score
I would imagine he is making he comments concerning Ville's guards at the next level because Ville is probably feeding him that crap.
If we lose him I would imagine it's our conferences fault. Pitino must love to tell these kids about their conference schedule.

Reaction Score
I would imagine he is making he comments concerning Ville's guards at the next level because Ville is probably feeding him that crap.
If we lose him I would imagine it's our conferences fault. Pitino must love to tell these kids about their conference schedule.

The only downside to being the leader in the clubhouse is that these other schools can tailor their recruiting pitch to specifically attack us. Louisville probably ends every sentence they speak to Diallo with 'ACC.'

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The only downside to being the leader in the clubhouse is that these other schools can tailor their recruiting pitch to specifically attack us. Louisville probably ends every sentence they speak to Diallo with 'ACC.'
Im sure they do but I have to assume that KO and staff have an exemplary response that they have been crafting for the past couple of years. I have faith!

Reaction Score
No matter what happens with Ham D and Gilbert, we have to collectively feel pretty good that Ollie has Calhoun's eye for talent. We're on these guys early and they are blowing up.
That's exactly it. You get in early and develop a relationship with these guys before any other coaches do. If you don't get the recruits, it wasn't for a lack of trying. And BTW i believe we get both of these guys (Diallo and Gilbert)

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

"I like every school that reaches out to me [right now] because I feel like if the coach takes the time to text me or call me then they really want me to go there," Diallo said. "They noticed me before other schools noticed me. So I guess it will be better for the coaches that contact me the most."

Diallo has already visited St. John's and UConn this spring but said he will not plan any more visits until he sees what his schedule is like the rest of the summer.

"I'm looking at my July and August schedule right now to see where I'm going to be at and see what's close," Diallo said.

Indiana, Louisville, N.C. State, Syracuse and Wake Forest are all schools Diallo said he "definitely" wants to visit, and he brought up the Cardinals in particular as a team that sticks out to him early on.

"[Louisville] was a great offer because I like how that school plays," Diallo said. "I like how they play up and down and I know the coach over there breeds good guards. So it was a good offer and something to look at."

UConn may also become a major player in his recruitment because of his relationship with one of the Huskies' 2016 pledges.

"He's basically my brother, Mamadou Diarra," Diallo said. "He committed to UConn. He tries to get me to go to UConn all of the time.

"I'm just trying to find the best school for me. That was the best school for him, but what's best for him might not be what's best for me. I'm just trying to weigh out my options right now."

Reaction Score
"UConn may also become a major player in his recruitment..."? They already are.

Reaction Score
"UConn may also become a major player in his recruitment..."? They already are.
Yeah, originally it said "If UConn ever offers Hamidou Diallo...".

Reaction Score
http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2980

Hamidou Diallo – 2017 – G – Queens, New York
Was really impressed with his game during the opening session of play. He has all the tools and the game comes easy to him as he can attack and finish in a variety of ways with his athleticism and length. His mid-range game and ability to finish in transition and off dribble drive penetration is easy and lethal in the same sense and he has excellent instincts on both ends of the court allowing him to create positive havoc on both ends. He wrapped day 1 averaging 13 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 2 apg while also grabbing a couple of steals and impressing throughout the day.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2981

HAMIDOU DIALLO – 6’4 – SHOOTING GUARD – WOODSTOCK ACADEMY – NYC JAYHAWKS – 2017
Diallo continues to have himself a tremendous 2015 campaign as the rising junior can be a volume scorer of the ball without playing too far outside of himself. He has an extra burst on him on the blow-by and the breakaway speed in the open floor. Remaining more engaged on the defensive end is a need but the talent is just bubbling out of the 6’4 wing option from New York who most recently picked up an offer from NC State.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
From an ESPN recruiting article (Insider's article) about the NBAPA Camp last week. This kid is definitely going to be top 15 when they update rankings. He's created quite a buzz.

Best underclassmen: Trevon Duval (2017), Hamidou Diallo (2017) and Billy Preston (2017)

Duval (6-2, 183, Saint Benedict's Prep/Wilmington, DE) was arguably the best guard in camp. He is very athletic, plays with great pace and is super tough. Duval showed he can play point guard in college and beyond. The only thing missing is a consistent jump shot (which is improving). Diallo (6-4, 175, Woodstock Academy/Queens, NY) is a big-time scorer, and has all the tools (size, length, athleticism and skill) to be a future pro. He is an attacker and a finisher. Preston (6-8, 220, Prime Prep/Dallas, TX) is a multi-skilled combo forward with tremendous size and skill. He has greatly improved in the past year, and is skilled enough to initiate offense. He is one of the toughest players to guard in the 2017 class because of his versatility, size and strength.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=14046

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Im sure they do but I have to assume that KO and staff have an exemplary response that they have been crafting for the past couple of years. I have faith!
Nah, he just has the 2014 trophy sitting behind him with on a wall with pictures former UConn players in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom