SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His star is only going to get bigger at top 100 this weekend. The Duke/ UK interest may likely happen sooner rather than later. I say we shouldn't get so scared off by those guys in this particular situation. He's a local kid, his best friend has already committed, he's been on campus numerous times, he's friends with our current roster.. and has obviously built a relationship with KO. I think it would be hard for some of these schools to come in and make up that ground. I don't want to sound overly confident, but we should fully expect those schools to get involved with a kid like this. Bring on the challenge!

Paul, not afraid of those guys, he's a 2017 recruit, and I see him as Enoch in that he really likes the local program, but if this drags on until late 2016, then it may get tougher. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Paul, not afraid of those guys, he's a 2017 recruit, and I see him as Enoch in that he really likes the local program, but if this drags on until late 2016, then it may get tougher. I like our chances.

He's a 2017 recruit now, but the word has been that a re-classification to 2016 is a very real possibility, to the point where it almost seems likely. I think the best bet for us is to get him to reclassify and get him in the 2016 class with Diarra, especially since we lost out on King and don't really have any other wings we are in great shape with (Bailey is more of a 3/4 and could go on a mission for 2 years anyway).

Reaction Score
He's a 2017 recruit now, but the word has been that a re-classification to 2016 is a very real possibility, to the point where it almost seems likely. I think the best bet for us is to get him to reclassify and get him in the 2016 class with Diarra, especially since we lost out on King and don't really have any other wings we are in great shape with (Bailey is more of a 3/4 and could go on a mission for 2 years anyway).

I've had a feeling for a while that he ends up a 2016 UConn commit. I really hope that happens. He's a great player, lock him up and get him here ASAP.

Reaction Score
I've heard very positive things about diallo. I'm starting to think he's uconn's to lose

Reaction Score
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1556146-nba-camp-day-1-afternoon-update?s=342

I wrote previously that underclassmen generally struggle at this event. Well, based on Wednesday's early returns, that may not prove to be the case in 2015. At the minimum, Hamidou Diallo performed with an utter lack of deferral to his older peers.

The slender guard boasts one of the most explosive first steps at camp. Additionally, he utilizes that speed and quickness to frequently attack the basket in the open floor. He boasts top-shelf body control as well can stop short for little pull-up jump shots — which will become increasingly valuable as he climbs the competitive ladder.

Diallo led all players in his game with 14 points — numbers tend to be evened out here, and by NBPA standards that's a high scoring mark — and did so in part thanks to his ability to draw fouls. He also possesses outstanding defensive potential and the ability to contribute as a rebounder and playmaker as well.

His recruitment has begun to fully percolate, as Connecticut, Minnesota, Louisville, Indiana, Providence, NC State and others all have extended scholarship offers.

Reaction Score
"All of the guards when they leave Louisville are prepared for the next level." None of them actually make the next level though.

Yeah exactly. Give me one Louisville guard that succeeded at the next level. You can't. There are none. He also said he doesn't have a favorite which is interesting. He just said a few weeks ago that if he had to choose right now he'd choose UConn so I thought we were the favorite.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"All of the guards when they leave Louisville are prepared for the next level." None of them actually make the next level though.
not even guards, who has from pitinos ville? clark?

Reaction Score
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1556146-nba-camp-day-1-afternoon-update?s=342

I wrote previously that underclassmen generally struggle at this event. Well, based on Wednesday's early returns, that may not prove to be the case in 2015. At the minimum, Hamidou Diallo performed with an utter lack of deferral to his older peers.

The slender guard boasts one of the most explosive first steps at camp. Additionally, he utilizes that speed and quickness to frequently attack the basket in the open floor. He boasts top-shelf body control as well can stop short for little pull-up jump shots — which will become increasingly valuable as he climbs the competitive ladder.

Diallo led all players in his game with 14 points — numbers tend to be evened out here, and by NBPA standards that's a high scoring mark — and did so in part thanks to his ability to draw fouls. He also possesses outstanding defensive potential and the ability to contribute as a rebounder and playmaker as well.

His recruitment has begun to fully percolate, as Connecticut, Minnesota, Louisville, Indiana, Providence, NC State and others all have extended scholarship offers.
Doesn't this description sound a lot like Kemba? Me likes what I hears.

Reaction Score
One of his best ftiends is coming here, we've been in it since the beginning and he's a homegrown talent. No reason to worry as of now

It always feels good to be wanted ... So I don't blame him for soaking it all up, but bottom line is nothing rhymes better with Hamidou than Mamadou (ie: he's gonna want to play with his friend!) ... And of course, if the "friend card" isn't strong enough, we have KO to sell him on why we're his best shot for a NC run and a NBA career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom