SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's ok to say that you have no idea what his family is thinking. You don't have to be certain about everything discussed on this board. We don't really know what his family is valuing/not valuing for Vance's college decision.
There really is no way to know what a recruits family is thinking unless they come right out and say things like, we want Vance to stay close to home so that we can often attend his games. He wants that too...

And even then, this still might not be enough of a chip to push them in the direction of the programs closer to home.

With that said, if all things are close or equal between two good programs, and based on Martin's recruiting of late, proximity could turn out to be a factor.

Just taking a wild guess at this, I think it will come down to the following but not necessarily in this order:

• Perceived PT and contribution opportunity. (I include contribution since some kids want to have a more prominent role such as one of the primary scoring options.)
  • Program Fit - Conducive style of play, cultural fit w/ teammates and coaching staff
  • Relationship with Coaches and Players
  • Confidence that the program can give them the best chance of making it to the next level.
  • Proximity sometimes plays a role

Many would like to think that past program and player success would be the biggest factor, but if that were the case you'd have all the best players wanting to go to just a select few programs, but past and recent history shows that the recruits are spreading themselves quite liberally around the nation, though a handful of elite P5 conferences tend to get larger quantity of top recruits.

UConn has had a history of attracting underrated and under-ranked recruits who have a lot of upside and have a huge I'll prove them wrong chip on their shoulder, ala Bazz, Boatright, Ben, etc. Ones who come in to work hard to earn PT. We've had the low ranked that out-performed much higher ranked recruits. We've had some relatively high ranked ones that were Burger-AA snubs that I'm sure wanted to out-play those who weren't snubbed. I think Adams might fall into this category like many who came to UConn before him.

I don't know where Jackson lines up with this above description. I'd say he looks to be ranked about where he belongs, though as I've said a number of times, the rankings are an inexact science.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe...

*gasp*

...he isn't sure where he wants to go and hasn't chosen one school over the other yet?

Nah, couldn't be.

Reaction Score
Maybe...

*gasp*

...he isn't sure where he wants to go and hasn't chosen one school over the other yet?

Nah, couldn't be.

No, it couldn't. Seems like crazy talk to me. So if you will excuse me, I am going to go back to baseless, angry speculation. ;)

Reaction Score
If VJ doesn't come here I would think we get heavily involved with Alpha Diallo. There seems to be a lot of interest there, but we've held off on offering him so far.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If VJ doesn't come here I would think we get heavily involved with Alpha Diallo. There seems to be a lot of interest there, but we've held off on offering him so far.
Maybe, but I think Ollie wants a shooter more than any individual position. Well still have Larrier there too. We'll see if it comes to this. Hopefully we just land Jackson.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's ok to say that you have no idea what his family is thinking. You don't have to be certain about everything discussed on this board. We don't really know what his family is valuing/not valuing for Vance's college decision.

Thanks for setting me straight John, your insight that no one really knows what they are thinking was quite enlightening. I'll be sure to use a few more "maybe's" and "possibly's" so I don't sound so certain for the semantics crowd like yourself in the future.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
With WG picking Kentucky...I'd love to get this kid to commit soon. I really think he's a great fit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We all know what's gonna happen after he visits cal. Not that hard to figure out

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
??? What do we all know? If you're insinuating that's he's a lock to commit to Cal, I don't think that's the case at all.
Well he has a 50% chance of being correct. Unless he's talking about a meteor hitting the earth right after that visit in which case I'd lower the odds somewhat.

Reaction Score
Is it possible he's just saying that we know that Jerry Meyer is going change his crystal ball prediction back to Cal or that Zags is going to regurgitate an article saying that Jackson "enjoyed" his visit?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No inside info, but c'mon if he was committing here he would've before the cal visit. Plus everyone knows getting the last official visit is usually best. I'll be extremely happy(you have no idea how happy) I will be to eat that scrumptious crow. But I'm pretty confident about this.

Reaction Score
No inside info, but c'mon if he was committing here he would've before the cal visit. Plus everyone knows getting the last official visit is usually best. I'll be extremely happy(you have no idea how happy) I will be to eat that scrumptious crow. But I'm pretty confident about this.
You have that instinct, and that's fine. However, I respectfully disagree and will continue to hang on to hope that Jackson is only using Cal as one last test for UConn's campus.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You have that instinct, and that's fine. However, I respectfully disagree and will continue to hang on to hope that Jackson is only using Cal as one last test for UConn's campus.
Trust me, I'd love to believe that.

Reaction Score

Didn't Jalen Rose take his last visit to Louisville after his UConn visit? Just saying nothings ever set in stone.

Reaction Score
Would you like me to link your post from the Durham thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom