SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heard 50 50.. top tos told me it is to close to call. Also heard most likely this week

Reaction Score
i like how larrier announcing today has been casually dusted underr a rug in a VJ King thread. If Larrier commits, King could still be very interested in coming here... with miller departing both larrier and king would start so KO can run small ball supreme. Shouldn't be an either or scenario...

Reaction Score
i like how larrier announcing today has been casually dusted underr a rug in a VJ King thread. If Larrier commits, King could still be very interested in coming here... with miller departing both larrier and king would start so KO can run small ball supreme. Shouldn't be an either or scenario...
Exactly. As i said before, Larrier is very similar to DD. he can for sure play high level college 4 as he has great athleticism and can add muscle. He will improve his shooting touch as he progresses. King seems like more of a 2/3 hybrid or a wing. Definitely room for both

Reaction Score
I think just adding talent brings in more talent. I think kids are starting to look at these stacked teams out here and realize they can be apart of them anywhere. And that a stacked team gets more national media attention. If we add Larrier, and that could be intriguing to King, and others that are teetering between Uconn and other schools.

Reaction Score
I like the potential in Larrier. A year under his belt in a solid conference against good competition as well as having a year to work with the program and get stronger. And if he becomes a Husky it takes the pressure off the either King/Kegler scenario while still keeping the options open. If indeed he is announcing it's another big day for the staff.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Really hope we get this guy.
Seems like a winner, so it's a great fit for him too

Reaction Score
I really hope we get Larrier as he seems like a good get.

Also, I want to keep the NYC pipeline going (Gibbs, Diarra, etc.)

Is Larrier a legit 6'8 or more like a stretched out 6'6? I don't know and am asking those who have seen him in person and know what his true height is.

What was Larrier ranked coming out of high school in the final 2014 ranking?

Thanks.

Reaction Score

Is Larrier a legit 6'8 or more like a stretched out 6'6? I don't know and am asking those who have seen him in person and know what his true height is.

Thanks.
Larrier is from NYC too, so that helps the pipeline. By all accounts he is a legitimate 6'8. He was 34th in the 247sports composite rankings and tied for 39th in the RSCI rankings, so Larrier was essentially a consensus top 40 recruit for 2014.

Reaction Score

Thanks.

Measured 6'7" in shoes at both the LeBron and Durant camps. 6'10" wingspan, though.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Now that Larrier will be joining, does this help with King?

Reaction Score
Now that Larrier will be joining, does this help with King?
Doubtful it helps since they technically play the same position. But if Ollie and co. can convince him that they'd excel playing together, it might not hurt their chances either.

I'd still bet on King landing at Louisville, but the pressure's off now that they have Larrier on board.

Reaction Score
We still need multiple wings in this class IMO. I expect DHam to have the type of year that will put him in position to go pro, lose Calhoun and DHam and we still need more than just Larrier. Plus while I don't think Purvis is a great NBA prospect, if he has a good year he might feel compelled to take that leap as a former top 20 recruit 4 years removed from HS.

caw

Reaction Score
Doubtful it helps since they technically play the same position. But if Ollie and co. can convince him that they'd excel playing together, it might not hurt their chances either.

I'd still bet on King landing at Louisville, but the pressure's off now that they have Larrier on board.

Just get him on campus and see what happens. UL has Mitchell and Adel at the 2/3 in 2015 class and are trying to get Rowan to come in also. I don't think ULs depth is much different than UConns at the 2/3 if Hamilton leaves early.

Reaction Score
This tweet (referring to the Golden State lineup) came to mind after reading the last couple posts:

In today's game a lot of teams in college and the nba don't play the traditional lineups of the past. There was nothing traditional about our 2014 line up. Larrier and King will be able to play together no problem.

I hope Jalen is on campus this weekend for his visit. They definitely formed a friendship on First Night that has continued through social media. His presence could only help us.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
I think just adding talent brings in more talent. I think kids are starting to look at these stacked teams out here and realize they can be apart of them anywhere. And that a stacked team gets more national media attention. If we add Larrier, and that could be intriguing to King, and others that are teetering between Uconn and other schools.

That's addition by addition. We only do addition by subtraction around here.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
BUMP. He's visiting today, why are we not talking about him? Where's our creepers?

Even though we have Larrier on-board for 2016, I still think they can co-exist in the back court. Let's hope for no car trouble. Maybe KO can stay hot and we can gain some ground on UL.

Reaction Score
If VJ King has a problem with Terry Larrier being at UConn, I don't see how he'd be okay with Deng Adel at Louisville. Adding Larrier essentially put us at level playing field with Louisville in terms of available playing time.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
yo dudes keepsalivating over players, why; olywould only bring in 1 real recruit in his tenure to date named dham and the more minutes this man play the more he is exposed
\
history teaches much about future; do you understand such a concept, oh thats right, yo never matriculate storrs so yo would not know jack jones from chamberlain

Check out this gem from the first page of this thread, only four months old. Obviously this poster was deranged by my how times have changed.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
VJ King is going to have playing time anywhere he goes. It would take a log jam like Kentucky's last year for his potential minutes to suffer. 5-star top 15 recruits play wherever they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom