Seriously - why should I lose my voice anymore | The Boneyard

Seriously - why should I lose my voice anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was a very Pasqualoni-like performance. 15 year season ticket holder and this was one of the worst home losses in the Rent. Don't mean to be an energy vampire but you know what, this team pretty much sucked tonight.

1. Seemed like nobody had a spy on Hill
2. No urgency on offense
3. Two QBs means no QBs and the O and D plan was about as vanillla as it gets. Name a starter and run with it. The Cochrane, Whitmer rotation was a disaster.
4. Way too many snaps under center. O line is suspect and need to be in shotgun
5. Post game comments way too upbeat ... they just lost by 25 and they sound like they were one play away.
6. Why should I care about how many people were on the field tonight? Seriously, 50 players on the field tonight ...big deal. who cares ?
7. I guess Diaco gets a pass but you can't show that poorly in ur debut. Just can't

That was a piss poor performance and I refuse to allow them to blame youth and the former regime.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1000 likes

And he bragged about 50.

Reaction Score
This was a very Pasqualoni-like performance. 15 year season ticket holder and this was one of the worst home losses in the Rent. Don't mean to be an energy vampire but you know what, this team pretty much sucked tonight.

2. No urgency on offense
3. Two QBs means no QBs and the O and D plan was about as vanillla as it gets. Name a starter and run with it. The Cochrane, Whitmer rotation was a disaster.
5. Post game comments way too upbeat ... they just lost by 25 and they sound like they were on play away.
6. Why should I care about how many people were on the field tonight? Seriously, 45 players on the field tonight ...big ing deal. who cares ?
7. I guess Diaco gets a pass but you can't show that poorly in ur debut. Just can't

That was a piss poor performance and I refuse to allow them to blame youth and the former regime.
Biggest improvement is game to game 2. Hope it applies to coaching too. Point #3 is not disputable.

Did not listen to post game. Already too drunk to care about any post game rah rah from the coach.

Reaction Score
Tell me why I should care that 50 players played in the first half. "We're like an infant, we're like a small child". WTF is that. Have never sat in the Rent before thinking we had no shot...even in the WVU games. Tonight, seems like we were happy figuring shiite out rather than trying to win a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Skiblets said:

2. No urgency on offense
5. Post game comments way too upbeat ... they just lost by 25 and they sound like they were one play away.
6. Why should I care about how many people were on the field tonight? Seriously, 45 players on the field tonight ...big ing deal. who cares ?

Ah, how quickly we forget about Towson.

Reaction Score
Never seen so many go for it on 4th and <insert random number here>

Reaction Score
Tell me why I should care that 50 players played in the first half. "We're like an infant, we're like a small child". WTF is that. Have never sat in the Rent before thinking we had no shot...even in the WVU games. Tonight, seems like we were happy figuring out rather than trying to win a game.
Got to agree. I can respect his upbeat post game, and they did get better by the end. But, I felt like he was treating it like a scrimmage. Sorry, but Ws matter, and I was clear there was no urgency in game time management. Rotating QBs was disruptive and counterproductive. I was way up on what he was doing and still am, but I certainly lost some verve. Not a pretty debut.

Reaction Score
This felt nothing like Towson. Getting owned by a FCS school vs getting owned by a potential top 25 FBS school are entirely different from one another.
So you felt like we had a shot tonight? When was that? Felt more like an exhibition and Diaco was trying to figure shiite out. That's all well and good but I Paid my money expecting a real performance not an exhibition

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you felt like we had a shot tonight? When was that? Felt more like an exhibition and Diaco was trying to figure e out. That's all well and good but I Paid my money expecting a real performance not an exhibition

When down 21 they played for the first of 7 field goals.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
First off the game could have swung right open for us if BYU didn't punch it down our throats with less than 4 minutes to go in the 1st half. We hit both FG's (the fake and the 2nd half one), and we're down 8. Diaco should have played for points in the 1st half, not padding points in the 2nd half to lessen the deficit.

I didn't like the dual-QB nonsense - Casey should start. He missed a few throws tonight yes, but he looked better than Whitmer. And Newsome needs to play more - the one time he did catch a pass the offense picked it up. He hit that BYU player hard and got a few more yards. We need him out there, even if he's young. He's 10x faster than Foxx and has better hands. Don't know why Foxx plays.

Reaction Score
So you felt like we had a shot tonight? When was that? Felt more like an exhibition and Diaco was trying to figure shiite out. That's all well and good but I Paid my money expecting a real performance not an exhibition
I think he came in with good intentions, but after the first series it became clear that BYU would be able to manhandle them at will. Therefore, he turned it into an evaluation game, knowing that there was no way that they were going to win. I admire the coaching staffs upbeat demeanor throughout the game. I cannot comment on the coaching per se, but the team did not have the talent and maturity that BYU has. Not to single anyone out, but I thought Newsome was awesome and we need to see more of him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think he came in with good intentions, but after the first series it became clear that BYU would be able to manhandle them at will. Therefore, he turned it into an evaluation game, knowing that there was no way that they were going to win. I admire the coaching staffs upbeat demeanor throughout the game. I cannot comment on the coaching per se, but the team did not have the talent and maturity that BYU has. Not to single anyone out, but I thought Newsome was awesome and we need to see more of him.
You don't give up on a game In the first quarter, let alone after the 1st series. What you're saying better not be true

Reaction Score
I hate this thread. Only because the last time Skibs & whaler went on a premature rant like this they were 100% right.

I still have hope.

Reaction Score
This felt nothing like Towson. Getting owned by a FCS school vs getting owned by a potential top 25 FBS school are entirely different from one another.
Excuse me but getting your a-s-s kicked in your own yard feels just as bad whether it's the 7 foot bully next door or the the 5 foot pain in the rear two doors down. It was just as painful.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

2. No urgency on offense
6. Why should I care about how many people were on the field tonight? Seriously, 50 players on the field tonight ...big ing deal. who cares ?

First of all, calm down.

Second of all, the highlighted part of your post is the single best thing about tonight. Are we supposed to look for no positives? We lost, get over it. There were still good things to learn from. 3 drives to the red zone without points, but they were solid drives.

No more switching QBs though. Unless they have a true option qb (McCummings, Taylor) there is not one reason ever to bring in Whitmer.

Reaction Score
I still don't get why people are surprised how things went tonight. PP destroyed this program.

I saw a team that improved and didn't quit. We have next to no experienced depth so, in preparation for a 12 game season, Diaco played as many people as possible (he had no choice on defense due to the hurry up).

This is not a quick fix....BUT....I expect by the time we hit conference play we will be more consistent.

I did not like that there was no push from our DL. They seem to just stay in their lanes and hope to get to the QB. A blitz sure wouldn't have hurt either.

The 2 QB thing is dumber than dumb. I hope he sees that soon. The OL showed promise and I think our stable of RB's is a good group.

Patience liebling, patience.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm trying very hard to control going off about tonight, because there are pieces there that I think we can really build on this year, and I don't want to let emotions dictate my analysis of tonight. But...my goodness!...there is so much that was wrong about the performance tonight, and a fair amount of it lies with Diaco, IMHO.

1) The QB switching has to stop. I mean, it HAS to stop!!! Both Whitmer and Cochran had very good moments and some not-so-good moments, but how in hell does a person build any flow or continuity at the helm when you are getting yanked every other series? The good news is that I think they both showed that they can help us win, but neither one looked fully comfortable. And that's on Diaco. How in hell do you pull the starting QB once you've entered the red zone???

2) Understanding when to go for it on fourth downs, or when to go for 7 instead of 3. This isn't rocket science. This is simple mathematics. When a crowd clears out after you've hit a field goal, it should tell you everything you need to know about your decision making. Again, that's on Diaco.

We had problems on D for sure, which maybe brings into question the defensive scheme put together to handle Hill. The OLine did an adequate job, I thought. The running backs all look very positive. Puyol looked good on the kick. I think that there are tools there to win. I really do. But the head coach has to do a better job than the one I saw today, which if I'm being honest, looked a lot like a Pasqualoni performance (time management issues, QB switching decisions, going for 3 when you need 7, running out the clock with 1 minute left and 3 time outs left in the 1st half down multiple scores, etc.). The bloom is definitely off of the Diaco rose, to be sure...

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Tell me why I should care that 50 players played in the first half. "We're like an infant, we're like a small child". WTF is that. Have never sat in the Rent before thinking we had no shot...even in the WVU games. Tonight, seems like we were happy figuring shiite out rather than trying to win a game.

How do you not get that, after the fiasco of GDLPP, we need to "figure stuff out" ? We have a first time head coach. Made some questionable calls, but there was marked improvement on D in the second half. The running game looked much better. The team was composed. It was a loss, but not the worst game in the Rent by a long stretch.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The crowd didn't even seem that upset that the team sucked. I think everyone just goes there during football season to tailgate.

This was far more frightening than the performance of this young team to me

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How do you not get that, after the fiasco of GDLPP, we need to "figure stuff out" ? We have a first time head coach. Made some questionable calls, but there was marked improvement on D in the second half. The running game looked much better. The team was composed. It was a loss, but not the worst game in the Rent by a long stretch.

There was marked improvement in the D in the second half when Mendenhall started running the clock out. The team was not that composed. There were a million penalties, and if BYU hadn't committed 1.5 million penalties, it would have been a massacre. BYU didn't even play a good game to be honest.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hate this thread. Only because the last time Skibs & whaler went on a premature rant like this they were 100% right.

I still have hope.

Jimmy.. I'll give it to you straight.

A: The crowd/fans could literally not care less about the actual football game tonight.

B: The coaching staff was so overmatched it was painful.

In short we all saw last year Obi was one the brightest pieces the program had. He jumped off the 'page'.

Diaco came in and claimed he was the best safety he's coached even after the NFL players he had taken to a NC game at ND.

Just read the play by play and count the yards Obi conceeded in penalties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom