semi-OT - Oriakhi and Caron Butler on the same team now... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

semi-OT - Oriakhi and Caron Butler on the same team now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anybody who takes a nanosecond out of their date to hope a young man fails because he didn't say nice things about the basketball program they root for is seriously messed up. Think about it - you're hoping a young man fails at what he is trying to do with his life. How does that benefit you in any way? You don't have to like or respect him but actively hoping he fails is just seriously messed up. Grow up a little. It's basketball - not your 401k he's messing with.

Reaction Score
Its not so much that he left. Its the wayhe choose to exit.
He put down his coach and teamates and that is a defacto put down of the entire UConn family.
This BS of "He helped us win a NC"
only serves to amplify the extent of his betrayal. He gained fame as a result of that success.
You prabably have heard of Benidict Arnold.
He was probably one of the biggest hero's of the Revolution until his betrayal. That fact that your were an intergral part of a great success actually magnifies the betrayal of that cause

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Dumbest comment on this entire board

Reaction Score
How about holding weight on his effort then his junior year? How does that work for you? Jogging back on D often, is that Husky expectations. Pouting like a little girl because he was taken out because he couldn't get a rebound at 6'9" 245?? Is that okay.......oh I forgot it's okay since you "helped" win a NC the year before........:rolleyes:

Agree Mau, he wasn't an ideal captain during his Junior year. For that matter, the entire 2005-2006 team that lost to GMU, for example, underachieved and played under Calhoun's standards and under your logic, below Husky expectations. The point here is that AO isn't the only one who didn't play as hard as he could. Yet he stands out for this more than others? Doesn't seem to make too much sense.

I'm not sue if you praised him for his efforts during the title year. Given that you're dogging him for lackluster effort, a reasonable expectation would be that you praise him with equal gusto for what he did achieve and help bring to the table.

Reaction Score
Agree Mau, he wasn't an ideal captain during his Junior year. For that matter, the entire 2005-2006 team that lost to GMU, for example, underachieved and played under Calhoun's standards and under your logic, below Husky expectations. The point here is that AO isn't the only one who didn't play as hard as he could. Yet he stands out for this more than others? Doesn't seem to make too much sense.

I'm not sue if you praised him for his efforts during the title year. Given that you're dogging him for lackluster effort, a reasonable expectation would be that you praise him with equal gusto for what he did achieve and help bring to the table.

He was a key element to a special year no doubt, always said that. Although even within that year you saw his shortcomings as he had a sensational start in Maui but was somewhat ordinary at best during the BE regular season, maybe lesser considering expectations. But again solid and sometimes real good in the BE tourney and the NCAA........I guess I'm not sure who didn't play hard his junior year besides him?

Reaction Score
Anybody who takes a nanosecond out of their date to hope a young man fails because he didn't say nice things about the basketball program they root for is seriously messed up. Think about it - you're hoping a young man fails at what he is trying to do with his life. How does that benefit you in any way? You don't have to like or respect him but actively hoping he fails is just seriously messed up. Grow up a little. It's basketball - not your 401k he's messing with.

I don't hope for failure on anyone and may have exaggerated that point but I certainly could care less about AO and his NBA future. He's not a Husky, means zero to this family!

And as a reminder this board isn't anyone's 401K either.........so everything said is cyber BS mostly right?

Reaction Score
Boy, I would love to ask them in a dual interview about Calhoun... :)
It is going to be a very short relationship. If you want to see Alex actually play you will be in for a very long plane ride.

Reaction Score
I just can't see AO making an NBA roster, especially with guys like Jeff Adrien doing everything they can to stick in the league.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read the boards. All the negativity surrounding him is directly related to his choice to leave the program
Reread "the boards" and realize that you are wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just can't see AO making an NBA roster, especially with guys like Jeff Adrien doing everything they can to stick in the league.
A very, very apt comparison.

Reaction Score
Its not so much that he left. Its the wayhe choose to exit.
He put down his coach and teamates and that is a defacto put down of the entire UConn family.
This BS of "He helped us win a NC"
only serves to amplify the extent of his betrayal. He gained fame as a result of that success.
You prabably have heard of Benidict Arnold.
He was probably one of the biggest hero's of the Revolution until his betrayal. That fact that your were an intergral part of a great success actually magnifies the betrayal of that cause

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The very fact that you can seriously make that comparison shows you need mental help. Please let me know if you need a referral somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom