SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
well, at this point it seems that UNC has been padding students' academic resumes/eligibility for 18 years with courses that do not meet, and grades awarded with an eye to eligibility rather than substance (with some of those papers written by others). I'd put them at the top of the list of "teacher's pet" schools that have committed mortal sins for nearly two decades without consequence, while UConn gets an immediate slap because Geno plays nice with a successful Little League pitcher.

Of course, there would have been no complaint had Mo'ne not commented that it is her dream to play basketball for UConn. I would be willing to bet big money that if she said her dream school was Georgia Tech and if MaChelle Joseph had made that call no one would have said boo about it. I would also be willing to bet that if it was a conference like Conference USA that made the complaint, nothing would have come of it. But because it was UConn and Geno -.and one of the P5 conferences that filed the complaint - the NCAA felt compelled to act. The NCAA knows that the P5 is inching ever closer to destroying their little fifedom. In my opinion, they bend over backwards to keep the P5 happy while exerting as much power as they can - while they can - on those outside the P5.

Seems like I have seen this somewhere else...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I predict someone will let the cat out of the bag eventually.... off the record, of course.

I can't believe all of the coaches in the SEC are one big happy family. Indeed, I'd be willing to bet Geno already knows who the culprit was but he can't (or won't) say anything.

Reaction Score
I predict someone will let the cat out of the bag eventually.... off the record, of course.

I can't believe all of the coaches in the SEC are one big happy family. Indeed, I'd be willing to bet Geno already knows who the culprit was but he can't (or won't) say anything.
Geno won't, unless some reporter catches him in a particularly unguarded moment. He has moved past it. Hand was slapped, but the redness and sting has receded. He has a basketball team to coach. But, if he does know...I do expect that if/when UConn plays that team - assuming the leadership and defensive lapses are resolved - there will be no mercy.

Reaction Score
Of course, there would have been no complaint had Mo'ne not commented that it is her dream to play basketball for UConn. I would be willing to bet big money that if she said her dream school was Georgia Tech and if MaChelle Joseph had made that call no one would have said boo about it. I would also be willing to bet that if it was a conference like Conference USA that made the complaint, nothing would have come of it. But because it was UConn and Geno -.and one of the P5 conferences that filed the complaint - the NCAA felt compelled to act. The NCAA knows that the P5 is inching ever closer to destroying their little fifedom. In my opinion, they bend over backwards to keep the P5 happy while exerting as much power as they can - while they can - on those outside the P5.

Seems like I have seen this somewhere else...
I'm a little worried that enforcement against P5 schools will continue to drop to placate them so they don't completely break away from the NCAA, but the NCAA is perfectly happy to crush non-P5 schools because they have no recourse really other than leave the NCAA which isn't an option.

Reaction Score
NCAA did nothing about a high profile SEC coach 'buying' players back in the '80's. Pretty sure the NCAA is an unethical joke of immense proportions
For a second there I thought you were talking about Auburn and Cam Newton. Everyone except the NCAA seemed to know he was getting paid.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it was Melanie turned Geno in? I mean she seems nice enough, but hasn't said it wasn't her.
Perhaps all the SEC coaches should be held suspect until they publically declare their innocence.
I say let's beat them by 50 points minimum as a matter of principle. All the SEC coaches are guilty until we get some admission of guilt.
Guilty by association. :mad:

Reaction Score
I like coach Auriemma's response on this matter, coach just moved on without even batting an eyelash. This whole situation is so petty. This only adds to my dislike of the SEC.

Reaction Score
I like coach Auriemma's response on this matter, coach just moved on without even batting an eyelash. This whole situation is so petty. This only adds to my dislike of the SEC.
You mean the $EC, n'est-ce pas?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
watanabe said:
Perhaps it was Melanie turned Geno in? I mean she seems nice enough, but hasn't said it wasn't her. Perhaps all the SEC coaches should be held suspect until they publically declare their innocence. I say let's beat them by 50 points minimum as a matter of principle. All the SEC coaches are guilty until we get some admission of guilt. Guilty by association. :mad:
half way there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89