SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:
Didn't like Melanie Balcomb's attitude about UConn after the way Geno had nothing but praise for her program. "As usual, that was on their court,” said Balcomb with an eye roll. "I don’t think about them,” Balcomb said Taken from the following: http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/co...lt-in-gulf-coast-showcase-semifinals_21696053

A) When you have 12 losses and get an 8 seed, you're going to play a road game against a 1 in the second round. Don't want a road game? Be a better team.

B) You lost by 33. Don't matter if that game was played on the moon.

Reaction Score
I guess it isn't easy being a "power" conference who's flagship women's team has not only been pounded into submission in national championship games by the little school up north, but can't sniff a Final Four.

I guess it isn't easy being a "power" conference and watching the former Big East steamroll the nation, year in and year out.

I guess when a "power" conference has been embarrassed for SO long by that lil' Yankee school, coached by that lil' Italian who refreshingly (in an era of PC cowards) speaks his mind, jealousy grows to the point where laughable allegations become the refuge of a cabal of petty losers.

Reaction Score
I guess when a "power" conference has been embarrassed for SO long by that lil' Yankee school, coached by that lil' Italian who refreshingly (in an era of PC cowards) speaks his mind, jealousy grows to the point where laughable allegations become the refuge of a cabal of petty losers.
I'm surprised Pat didn't try to have Geno deported.

Reaction Score
Some of us are getting a little sick of this petty BS with the NCAA continually finding something for which to slap our wrists while much bigger egregious violations go unpunished at schools that apparently get preferential treatment. Eventually they will just drop the hammer on UConn saying we've had X number of violations over the past 10 years and enough is enough.
There is no getting over petty grievances and suggestions that UConn is "dirty" or Geno is a cheat or other things. That pettiness doesn't just sit with UConn, it also does with the fact that many years later, some people still throw "spygate" at the Patriots and Bellechik, as if the fact that they owe all their success to taking film of practices of other teams, as just about every team was doing at the time. The fact that they've continued to be one of the most dominant teams in NFL history, since then, tells every SANE person what they need to know and that's the Patriots are great and Bellechik is one of the top few coaches in the history of the NFL. People need to p*ss and moan and make so much out of nothingness just to cover their own inadequacies. It is what it is!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nan - NO ONE has Philly envy! First prize a week in Philly, second prize two weeks in Philly as the saying goes!

Reaction Score
Didn't like Melanie Balcomb's attitude about UConn after the way Geno had nothing but praise for her program.

"As usual, that was on their court,” said Balcomb with an eye roll. "I don’t think about them,” Balcomb said

Taken from the following: http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/college/college-basketball-uconn-women-roll-will-face-vanderbilt-in-gulf-coast-showcase-semifinals_21696053

Yeah, I definitely think that Geno may run it up tonight if he has the chance. It doesn't seem that Balcomb and Auriemma are exactly "best friends".

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Now you know one of the many reasons I cant stand Tenn. It may not have been Tenn who contacted the SEC however when the 37 page NCAA Violation was filed it had support from some of Pats friends who coach in the SEC. I said back when the 37 pages were filed it would come back to hurt Tenns recruiting and it did because it included a lot of names of players coaches fans and former players and at that time recruits who knew a lot of up and coming recruits and it was the beginning of the end for Tenn. Don't you think for one minute that somebody at Tenn didn't have something to do with this. Whether it was a Summitt Board fan, lurker or mod it started at Tenn and I will bet on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
JohnA says it was NOT tenn.
Link?

If it is the quote I remember, it is that the Tenn AD said that they didn't send the complaint. We've actually discussed this to death but if they went through the SEC, just as they did for the last BS complaint, it would be accurate, though incomplete, to say that they did not file the complaint. They didn't. They just caused the complaint to be filed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I honestly do not think TN was involved with this one in any way. They have more than enough problems internally to really worry about Uconn. Their focus is not falling off the top of the SEC. And I would be really surprised if T A&M or SC had anything to do with it. That is as far as I go.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You would think that the NCAA has bigger issues to get a handle on...

We will never know, of course. The "anonymity" factor of having the complaint come from the mother SEC office means that the complainer can hide behind his/her momma's skirts.

I agree. We may NEVER know. So I am letting it go rather than speculate.

Reaction Score
I think we need to send the SEC office an Edible Arrangement with a note saying "Thank You for your interest in UCONN Women's Basketball."
I think that might be a secondary violation.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nan - NO ONE has Philly envy! First prize a week in Philly, second prize two weeks in Philly as the saying goes!

I beg to differ - I love Philly. Great history, great food, great sports and lots to see and do. You just gotta' know what areas to stay clear of.

Reaction Score
Link?

If it is the quote I remember, it is that the Tenn AD said that they didn't send the complaint. We've actually discussed this to death but if they went through the SEC, just as they did for the last BS complaint, it would be accurate, though incomplete, to say that they did not file the complaint. They didn't. They just caused the complaint to be filed.
@jaltavilla: My sources telling me it WAS NOT Tennessee that complained to the SEC about Geno/Mo'ne Davis #Uconnwomen

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I hope CD or one of the assistants has let the team know that it was Vandy that dropped a dime on Geno.

Reaction Score
I hope CD or one of the assistants has let the team know that it was Vandy that dropped a dime on Geno.
I hope not.

1) No evidence of that.
2) the players don't need to be caught up in these petty squabbles between coaches. At best, this is Geno’s fight, not the players'.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
while much bigger egregious violations go unpunished at schools that apparently get preferential treatment.

Hoops....can you be more specific on what schools went unpunished??

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Hoops....can you be more specific on what schools went unpunished??
well, at this point it seems that UNC has been padding students' academic resumes/eligibility for 18 years with courses that do not meet, and grades awarded with an eye to eligibility rather than substance (with some of those papers written by others). I'd put them at the top of the list of "teacher's pet" schools that have committed mortal sins for nearly two decades without consequence, while UConn gets an immediate slap because Geno plays nice with a successful Little League pitcher.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I hope not.

1) No evidence of that.
2) the players don't need to be caught up in these petty squabbles between coaches. At best, this is Geno’s fight, not the players'.

Clueless in CT?

Reaction Score
well, at this point it seems that UNC has been padding students' academic resumes/eligibility for 18 years with courses that do not meet, and grades awarded with an eye to eligibility rather than substance (with some of those papers written by others). I'd put them at the top of the list of "teacher's pet" schools that have committed mortal sins for nearly two decades without consequence, while UConn gets an immediate slap because Geno plays nice with a successful Little League pitcher.
One can make a long list of questionable NCAA enforcement, or lack thereof, decisions. The NCAA didn't have to do anything with respect to the Mo'ne Davis thing, but hey Emmert has it in for UConn so any chance they can hit UConn with a violation even a stupidly minor one, they are suddenly interested in enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom