SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis | The Boneyard

SEC filed Complaint against Geno about Mon'e Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
according to John A tweets. He hasn't identified which school the SEC filed the complaint for

https://twitter.com/jaltavilla

Why doesn't that surprise me. If I recall correctly, Holly has said it wasn't Tenn.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
upload_2014-11-29_11-50-34.png

Reaction Score
I'm shocked. Just shocked, I tell you. When SEC schools file complaints it is done via the SEC and not the member school, so we may never know which school it was unless someone from SEC office reveals it. When Geno broke all those rules way back when, Pat's complaint officially came from the SEC in the same manner as the Mo'ne Davis complaint.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm shocked. Just shocked, I tell you. When SEC schools file complaints it is done via the SEC and not the member school, so we may never know which school it was unless someone from SEC office reveals it. When Geno broke all those rules way back when, Pat's complaint officially came from the SEC in the same manner as the Mo'ne Davis complaint.
That is standard operations - almost everything with the NCAA is organized through the conference offices except when it comes to the actual investigations/sanctions.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The South will rise again!!! Nobody lecture us about letting bygones be bygones about Tennessee please. Petty, roundly condemned BS that the whole thing was.

Reaction Score
That is standard operations - almost everything with the NCAA is organized through the conference offices except when it comes to the actual investigations/sanctions.
Sadly I'm now looking at the list of schools in that conference trying to think which one might have a grudge against Geno or lost a big game to UConn at some point in their past.

Reaction Score
surprising..... because this seemed like a petty thing.....

now I am thinking ..... was it UT? technicallly, if they got the SEC to file, their hands are not on it.......

Reaction Score
[yawn]
Some of us are getting a little sick of this petty BS with the NCAA continually finding something for which to slap our wrists while much bigger egregious violations go unpunished at schools that apparently get preferential treatment. Eventually they will just drop the hammer on UConn saying we've had X number of violations over the past 10 years and enough is enough.

Reaction Score
You would think that the NCAA has bigger issues to get a handle on...

Tennessee would be the obvious source of the complaint from past history. Vanderbilt? Maybe...Balcomb has a 'tude about UConn. South Carolina? Hard to see that with Dawn Staley on the National Team coaching staff, but she is hyper competitive so who knows. KY? Maybe....I still believe Matthew Mitchell was involved with Samarie before she asked to be released from her scholarship, but with Tamika Williams on staff, would he do that? LSU...hmmm let's see. Isn't there a Summitt on staff there? He grew up during the peak of the UConn Tennessee rivalry...when it is so deeply ingrained in you, hard to let go of that bias.

We will never know, of course. The "anonymity" factor of having the complaint come from the mother SEC office means that the complainer can hide behind his/her momma's skirts.

Reaction Score
I would bet it wasn't Missouri, Arkansas, ole miss, miss st, tex A&M, Georgia

Tenn, Ky, or LSU seem probable. Perhaps former Gtown coach at auburn has an old grudge?
I Also wouldn't rule out Vandy, Bama, Fla, or SC

Reaction Score
Tyler summitt is HC at La Tech, not LSU
Former summitt assistant Nikki Caldwell is HC at LSU
Doh! Of course, thanks, VG. It didn't seem right when I typed it. Should have fact checked...I get those L schools we don't play regularly confused :oops:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
For a southern coach, Melanie seems to lack some graciousness and manners. Interesting our hard-nosed Philly guy is more polite than she is. And she'd best START thinking about the Huskies. Game at 8:30 PM, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait, do you mean to say that Tennessee was the source of an absolutely pointless NCAA complaint which resulted in meaningless secondary violation?

bulgarians-not-at-all-interested-in-evs-surprised-31190_1.jpg

Whoa!! I did not see that coming!

Reaction Score
I think we need to send the SEC office an Edible Arrangement with a note saying "Thank You for your interest in UCONN Women's Basketball."

Good idea. But they're in Alabama. Perhaps some cannoli from modern pastry is what they need.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If it wasn't TN directly, bet it was TN behind it Can't wait to play them and really give them something to whine about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom