Score Predictions UConn vs Maryland 11/15/13 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions UConn vs Maryland 11/15/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My head and my heart have two different scores; UConn wins in both. Head = 78 - 76, Heart 80 - 65

Reaction Score
Oh, and Breanna Stewart...25 pts/12 reb

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn had an embarrasment of riches prior to the two injuries. Now they are merely richer in talent; By a considerable margin. UConn by 16 only because of the huge depletion in the outside game. KML is proably the second best shooter to ever play WCBB. Louisiana Tech had a sharpshooter whose name eludes me(I'm thinking Gantt) who was lights out.

Reaction Score
If the fouls break the wrong way (and they certainly could) UConn could lose. Predicated only on the possibility that the fouls will break more or less evenly, I'll go with UConn, 68-65. I just cannot see this game, played at MD, as a 10+ point victory, although I would love to be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
I think UConn wins by no more than 8. However, Alyssa Thomas is going to take advantage of a UConn team that may get winded due to lack of depth and finally play like the player she's supposed to be against UConn. The reason Maryland won't win though is that they don't have enough others to step up against the talent y'all have.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I like our chances.

So do my daughter (who works for Maryland U.) and my grandson (aspiring surgeon, now in pre-med at MU and working as EMT), both of whom will attend the game with mixed loyalties.

And I think the stage is set for Breanna to do what she does when the bright lights are turned on.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN 74
Maryland 60

Let's hope it's a much bigger margin!

Here's my thought process. Stewie had a horrible game vs. Stanford. KML, sadly, only played 2 minutes in the 2nd half. And we beat a top 5 team by 20. The team has had all week to practice without those 2 (well, 4 days). I think Banks and Chong step up big time. I'm hoping for another game like Stanford for Stokes. And I think our 3 all americans play like all americans.

Reaction Score
I see Stewie to the rescue. She played her best in the biggest games last year when her team needed her most. I look for a repeat performance from her. 24pts forTBS
I'm also very interested in seeing how Saniya plays. Her game intrigues me
UCONN 72
Maryland 64

Reaction Score
[quote="calpedaler, post: 751725, member: 519" ]

mumble jumble [/quote]

CAL: That stuff is GREAT with a little milk and honey

Reaction Score
Really no clue this time. Both teams are now very different from 8 months ago.

Do UConn players feel more pressure with the short bench and does that pressure cause them to try too hard?
Who guards Thomas? Stewie?

Reaction Score
I think UConn wins by no more than 8. However, Alyssa Thomas is going to take advantage of a UConn team that may get winded due to lack of depth and finally play like the player she's supposed to be against UConn. The reason Maryland won't win though is that they don't have enough others to step up against the talent y'all have.

UConn has been one of the best conditioned teams the last few seasons from game one until their last game. Stef used to get winded, but not any more. I don't remember the last time I saw any of the UConn players "gassed" in a game. I don't see this being a factor though certainly too much contact and too many fouls could put some starters on the bench. In that case the two missing players definitely create a depth issue.

Kiah must continue to play well, Saniya has got to be ready to play like a sophomore. If Stef steps out to take some threes - she better be making them. Banks needs to play like she did pre-injury. Breanna, Bria and Moriah just need to do what they do.

All that being said, I think UConn wins, but I am going with a somewhat lower score than others and predicting UConn doesn't break 70. 68 - 63.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle