Saturday's UConn game....is this impossible? | The Boneyard

Saturday's UConn game....is this impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As I understand it, that game is only on espn3....no TV at all....correct?
Is it possible that somehow....as I am typing...Harriet and CPTV are wrangling to get the TV rights?

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is it possible that somehow....as I am typing...Harriet and CPTV are wangling to get the TV rights?
No.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Anyone having trouble getting the Saturday game on their TV, go to any sports bar and ask if they get ESPN3. Most do and will put UConn on a TV for you. Order a beer or soft drink and enjoy. This method has the added benefit of watching the game w/out sound. Apparently, the various announcers wander off track w/ comments and do not comport themselves well....:rolleyes:

If you find yourself in Naples (Florida), I will buy the first adult beverage. ;)
Go Huskies..!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding. No local TV for the number 1 team in the country with the biggest fan base in the country. What are they thinking. Can CPTV or SNY step in. Can the Govenor do something. I know Jodi Rell did when they werent going to televise a UConn WCBB game a few years ago. Somebody do something.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Plus, it's on at the same time as the men's game.

Reaction Score
I had to go to a bar to watch the UConn vs Rutgers game because the cable provider in my rental unit here in Naples doesn't carry CBSSN. It's more of a biker bar than sports bar but I had no problem having them put the game on. During the second half a young guy and his lady friend sat next to me at the end of the bar. A little while later I hear the guy say to his friend with great surprise, "check it out, chicks playing basketball". Interest in women's basketball is not universal. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
DavidinNaples:
One problem, ESPN3 is a computer stream, not a regular TV channel !!!!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
DavidinNaples:
One problem, ESPN3 is a computer stream, not a regular TV channel !!!!

Not a problem.....Bokamper's in Naples gets ESPN3 via the internet....they pay for ESPN for it...Also, it is more of a family sports bar than biker bar...lots of people eating lunch, not just drinkers.
Thanks for your concern...;)

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It is possible to hook your computer to your tv and watch it that way....or if you are on the go, use a tablet or smart phone. Not optimum, but better than not at all!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I guess UCONN will have to stop saying every game is broadcast on TV.

Last edited:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
It is possible to hook your computer to your tv and watch it that way....or if you are on the go, use a tablet or smart phone. Not optimum, but better than not at all!

Check out Chromecast..its a device for use with Google Chrome to send the signal to a TV

Reaction Score
Is it possible that somehow....as I am typing...Harriet and CPTV are wrangling to get the TV rights?
Harriet doesn't work at CPTV anymore

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I guess UCONN will have to stop saying e very game is broadcast on TV.
That has almost never been true - whether it was games CPTV couldn't get rights to on the road or holiday tournaments, or games that ESPN owned but wasn't going to broadcast.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That has almost never been true - whether it was games CPTV couldn't get rights to on the road or holiday tournaments, or games that ESPN owned but wasn't going to broadcast.
I know. I was being ironic.

Reaction Score
Check out Chromecast..its a device for use with Google Chrome to send the signal to a TV
Also, if any of you has AppleTV (I'm no salesman, but for a hundred bucks it's pretty terrific, especially if you have a Netflix account) you can watch ESPN3 (or any other ESPN channel) in HD right on your TV. You need to register using your cable provider info to get an activation code, pretty simple. I suspect that many of you already have AppleTV and aren't aware that there's a "Watch ESPN" on screen "button" included.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Petunia is correct, but be aware that if you are a Direct TV subscriber, you CANNOT get ESPN3 on Apple TV nor your mobile (smart) devices.

Reaction Score
I get lots of good, clear tech tips on this board. Thanks, guys! You're better tnan a Best Buy salesman!

Reaction Score
Option 1: go to game
Option 2: watch game on computer
Option 3: listen to game on radio
Option 4: save time/effort, and watch a more competitive match, say a lion vs a deer with a broken leg

This game will be over before 1st time out.
1. What if you live 500 miles away?
2. What if you don't subscribe to ESPN3? I wonder if it's worth it at this point.
3. What if you don't get WTIC any way, anyhow?
4. Sounds like a good bet! :)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
1. What if you live 500 miles away?
2. What if you don't subscribe to ESPN3? I wonder if it's worth it at this point.
3. What if you don't get WTIC any way, anyhow?
4. Sounds like a good bet! :)

2. You get ESPN3 thru your internet provider, not your cable or direct tv. So no subscription needed. It's an on-line link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom