Saturday Mar 5 conference games (merged threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saturday Mar 5 conference games (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tennessee's offense, my goodness. 22 or 23 seconds of dribbling followed by a contested midrange jumper. And this is the "improved" version of Tennessee.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Made her Maya back and forth move to score a pure jumper
She's a talent, like her or not
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. - Calvin Coolidge

Persistence + determination + talent + teamwork = UConn Womens Basketball, Maya, Dee, Sue, et al........

Reaction Score
She did not score any point in 2nd Q.
No way as Maya. Not even close.

Not to compare DD to MM, but I have seen Maya had terrible shooting game as well.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF OSU doesn't hit their shots, they don't have the defense to stop their opponent. They have to be on point with their offense and outscore their opponents. Can't win a defensive game. Still a dangerous team if they're hitting shots.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Can't believe this MSU/OSU game. The Spartans look good and are hitting tough shots.

OSU looks lost.

Mitchell went 4-18 from the floor. Alston had 0 points and only played 10 minutes. I believe she suffered an injury in the previous game.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
DeShields out of the game now with a leg/ankle injury.

On a side note - has anyone ever seen Mercedes Russell actually run ?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
B. Graves is the most vertically-challenged Big I can recall. Don't think you could slide a dime under her sneakers when she elevates. ;)

Last edited:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Diamond with a miraculous recovery...Oh the drama!

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
OSU is a 'one trick pony'...as Mitchell goes, so goes OSU. Today she took 28% of their total shots and shot 22%!

Not really true. Alston usually scores a lot for them as well. She had 0 points in only 10 minutes of play. I believe she suffered an injury in the previous game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mitchell went 4-18 from the floor. Alston had 0 points and only played 10 minutes. I believe she suffered an injury in the previous game.
She tried to go with what looked like a pretty seriously sprained wrist (it was sure wrapped up heavily.)
Tennessee's offense, my goodness. 22 or 23 seconds of dribbling followed by a contested midrange jumper. And this is the "improved" version of Tennessee.
Yes - this version actually gets shots up about 85% of the time versus the old 'bad' offense that was throwing the ball away about 35% of the time instead of shooting.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Mississippi's Vivian kid, taking the game over

Reaction Score
the list of horribles for DD include a 39% `FG%, 24.4% 3pt-fg%, A/T below any top 25 team and a steal/turnover ratio that implies she gives away twice the possessions that she gains....so what if she has a nifty move here and there, she should be on the bench and make room for someone who can respect their teammates and add value to the team

Plebe

Reaction Score
She tried to go with what looked like a pretty seriously sprained wrist (it was sure wrapped up heavily.)

Well, at least she has about a week and a half to get the wrist better.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Miss State's only chance is to keep a 5-10 pt lead because it looks like the SEC office sent a memo to the refs. Save TN. Graves just cut the hamstrings of the Miss player trying for the steal (no call) and DD just traveled, but was given FTs on a phantom foul.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Both clubs completely fatigued...barely able to get up and down. Good luck facing UConn ladies if you should be that unlucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom