Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's very strange that Sarah Strong isn't even considering NC State, where her father played basketball.
I found it surprising too. NC State has a much better WBB program. And it’s not a bad school either. Obviously I’m not privy to her life so maybe there’s another factor. But seems strange.

Reaction Score
I see her going to Duke….close to home, good school, promising future…btw: Geno and the other coaches know the answer now…. She has to ( should) notify prior to the announcement….
Why would anyone send their athletic student to duke. The way the administration handled the la crosse team issue was appalling. Fire the coach. Disbanded the team, and throw their team under the bus. All because of a false accusations of a drug addicted stripper. No way

Reaction Score
Tough loss last night, but the sun came up this morning. And regardless of good or bad news at 11:00am today, believe it or not the sun will come up tomorrow.

It was quite a ride this year…enjoy and hold close the memories of one of the most surprising and well-deserved Final Four teams in UConn women’s basketball history.

Reaction Score
I don't like this and I am trying not to let this one event sour me on Ms. Strong. I'll give her a free pass, but if she goes somewhere else that's fine too. She might not be a good fit. UConn doesn't need someone who is bigger than the team.

Then again, she has her reasons for playing it out this way. We don't know what they are. Maybe they are good reasons.

Reaction Score
Not sure what “town level” is but if Geno offered Emely, you can bet she’s pretty good and if he takes someone from the portal, she’ll be good as well!
Probably auto-correct changed it from "talent level"

Reaction Score
Who would be back-up just in case- was it Emily Rodriguez? Do we just go with Jana and hope she is ready? Would love to get another big body.

Reaction Score
My two cents. She waited this long; what‘s a few more days at this point? She could easily wait to announce until after the tournament is over. I don’t like the fact that Geno had to get the news delivered to him (good or bad) while preparing the team and playing in the Final Four. Poor timing.

Orc

Reaction Score
Who would be back-up just in case- was it Emily Rodriguez? Do we just go with Jana and hope she is ready? Would love to get another big body.

I hope Geno gets at least 3 more post players from the portal . Uconn constantly getting destroyed by the other teams post player is getting very old

GG

Reaction Score
My two cents. She waited this long; what‘s a few more days at this point? She could easily wait to announce until after the tournament is over. I don’t like the fact that Geno had to get the news delivered to him (good or bad) while preparing the team and playing in the Final Four. Poor timing.
That is why I think she is coming to UCONN. Of course, that may be wishful thinking. But it would seem strange to me to call Coach during the final forward to tell him you were not coming to his school. But who knows. I guess we will know in a couple hours. Hope she is a Husky.

Reaction Score
So a high school player should take into account
when she makes an announcement how it will affect a college coach ?
I will be kind and say that’s a very interesting way to look at things

Reaction Score
I'll give credit to her and the people around her. With her being a big time recruit and waiting so long to announce, there hasn't been the tiniest leak of information regarding her decision.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why people assume that the coaches didn’t know her decision a couple of weeks ago. She could have told them and then just waited to announce.

Reaction Score
So much like Vizzini in the Princess Bride, my head is swirling with wildly conflicting conjecture. To wit:
"Why would she choose Carolina when Coach Banghart has been there 5 years already and really hasn't elevated the program or shown strong player development and frankly just rubs people the wrong way" (eh @triaddukefan ?)
OR
"Why would she choose Duke when Coach Lawson has had a revolving door of players come and go in four year (16 and counting) and shows no clear offensive scheme to develop skills for the next level, plus she might leave for Tennessee"
OR
"Of course she will choose UNC as it is close to home in her home state where she could try to replicate what A'ja Wilson did at SC"
OR
"Of course she will choose Duke as it is close to home in her home state and she can play with USA team mates to bring relevance back to the former top notch WCBB program".
OR
"She will choose UConn with it's rich history, consistent success to make it to the Final Four, track record of developing players to succeed in the WNBA and achieve All-American status, plus recent history of having freshman contribute right away and play with the heavy national POY next year in Paige Bueckers"
OR
"Why would she choose UConn whose coach is 70, team has not been the juggernaut it once was, everyone is always getting injured and it is 635 miles from home?"

Truly dizzying, I now need to go lay down..

If she is advanced in her academics I would choose Duke. It is close to home, the program is close to being really good, and the Degree from Duke is valuable. If she just wants to hone her skills for the next level I would choose South Carolina or UConn and South Carolina is rumored to be out of the mix. North Carolina would be the surprise. They aren't elite in basketball, and they are not elite in education so that one would be "I want to play close to dad".
Why is a degree from Duke valuable if the career you want is basketball. Lawyer yes, Doctor yes, basketball player no! As far as close to home wherever she goes the players don't go home often and there high school friend are off at some other college as they stay in touch virtually. She may choose Duke but those are not the reasons I would use.
No
So uconn does not need the no 1 recruit who by
All accounts has potential to be a generational
Player fits perfectly in the uconn system and given
Her body type and strength can guard in the post
And by the way we have a 6:5 player injured who
The coach believes will be a star next yesr
Players like Sarah are game changers. The type of kid who could make a difference in winning a title. Next year many teams will be good enough to win it. I can think of seven or eight legit contenders so 1 player of her size, skill, and versatility can make a huge difference.

Reaction Score
Agree with most. We need her. We do not have much talent in post with AE leaving.

Braking news: Hailey Van Lith to UConn.

Nah. Just kidding
Can you say "Jana El Alfy"?

Reaction Score
Can you say "Jana El Alfy"?
But need backup to her, not sure Ayana or Aubrey will be enough or big enough. Someone like Kiah Stokes who can really rebound and play defense

Reaction Score
So a high school player should take into account
when she makes an announcement how it will affect a college coach ?
I will be kind and say that’s a very interesting way to look at things
I think it is a sign of what type of player she might be. By announcing on Championship weekend, between the semis and the final, she might spell it "teiam"...the "i" is silent. But who really knows what is behind the chosen announcement timing...but I seriously doubt that UConn is in her future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom