Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1000000443.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting timing that she would announce it during the weekend that should be reserved for the Final Four teams for both women and men. Not cool.

I have a 99% strong gut feeling that she’s off to Duke, wanting to carve her own path like she did with her announcement timing and also try to bring Duke its first women’s national championship.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So much like Vizzini in the Princess Bride, my head is swirling with wildly conflicting conjecture. To wit:
"Why would she choose Carolina when Coach Banghart has been there 5 years already and really hasn't elevated the program or shown strong player development and frankly just rubs people the wrong way" (eh @triaddukefan ?)
OR
"Why would she choose Duke when Coach Lawson has had a revolving door of players come and go in four year (16 and counting) and shows no clear offensive scheme to develop skills for the next level, plus she might leave for Tennessee"
OR
"Of course she will choose UNC as it is close to home in her home state where she could try to replicate what A'ja Wilson did at SC"
OR
"Of course she will choose Duke as it is close to home in her home state and she can play with USA team mates to bring relevance back to the former top notch WCBB program".
OR
"She will choose UConn with it's rich history, consistent success to make it to the Final Four, track record of developing players to succeed in the WNBA and achieve All-American status, plus recent history of having freshman contribute right away and play with the heavy national POY next year in Paige Bueckers"
OR
"Why would she choose UConn whose coach is 70, team has not been the juggernaut it once was, everyone is always getting injured and it is 635 miles from home?"

Truly dizzying, I now need to go lay down....

Reaction Score
.... All-American status, plus recent history of having freshman contribute right away and play with the heavy national POY next year in Paige Bueckers"
OR
"Why would she choose UConn whose coach is 70, team has not been the juggernaut it once was, everyone is always getting injured and it is 635 miles from home?"

Truly dizzying, I now need to go lay down....

Chose to attend anywhere but UConn? INCONCEIVABLE! ;)

Reaction Score
Why are kids still being criticized by how they make their announcments these days? Doing it through social media or on ESPN is how it's been done for awhile now. Can we stop longing for the old days where kids just sent in a letter of intent and we found out afterwards?

Deal with it...and just look forward to the top player hopefully choosing us!

Reaction Score
If I’m reading the tea leaves this makes me believe she is choosing a school NOT playing in the Final Four this weekend. Why distract from what is going on and the task at hand. JMO
I guess I don’t see it that way. If UConn wins or loses, it will be seen as either a bright side to losing in the final four or something hopeful for the future (if Sarah commits to UConn). Maybe she wants to do it while the spotlight is still on UConn

Reaction Score
If I’m reading the tea leaves this makes me believe she is choosing a school NOT playing in the Final Four this weekend. Why distract from what is going on and the task at hand. JMO
Sadly, I think you’re probably right☹️

Reaction Score
I don't sweat how kids want to announce these days. Let them have fun and take advantage of the limelight. It's not like she's getting on TV to dehumanize a race or spit vitriol.

My gut feeling is she has chosen either Duke or NC, but really hoping she chooses UCONN.

Reaction Score
Interesting timing that she would announce it during the weekend that should be reserved for the Final Four teams for both women and men. Not cool.

I have a 99% strong gut feeling that she’s off to Duke, wanting to carve her own path like she did with her announcement timing and also try to bring Duke its first women’s national championship.
Not cool at all.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
y are folks projecting depression or glee before the event? not criticism, just curiosity.

for me, i believe in wait and see. anticipation is good in that it provides juice to life. but getting down or up before the fact just leads to stress.

Reaction Score
Hopefully watching this coaching staff nurse the walking wounded into the final four was all Sarah needed to know that there's only one best place to perfect her craft over the next four years. Plus, a strong chance of winning a few national championships along the way shouldn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
y are folks projecting depression or glee before the event? not criticism, just curiosity.

for me, i believe in wait and see. anticipation is good in that it provides juice to life. but getting down or up before the fact just leads to stress.
Well
Said!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member