San Diego Union Tribune: "UConn still not a Blue Blood." | The Boneyard

San Diego Union Tribune: "UConn still not a Blue Blood."

Reaction Score
This is great:

Just yesterday I was joking with a friend about being able to hear Kansas fans saying we're not a blue blood unless or until we can commit multiple level 1 violations and come away unscathed. Maybe that's the test.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not a blue blood they say? Oh well, who cares. We have 5 National Championships in the last 25 years. Here’s how old fans of “blue bloods” would have to be to have witnessed 5 titles themselves.

Kentucky: 66
UNC: 42
Duke: 33
Kansas: could have been old enough to witnessed the Big Bang, still wouldn’t have witnessed 5 titles.

I’ll take what we have, and where we are going, over some made up club.

Reaction Score
Taylor Swift Grammys 2015 GIF

Reaction Score
by your leave to dry mine drops of sorrow with a banner

Reaction Score
It's a fine article, but why the hell does everybody push the inane and lazy narrative that we (paraphrasing) "stupidly chased football riches and moved from the basketball-centric Big East to the nobody-cares AAC" as if it wasn't basically the entire other way around?

Reaction Score
I'm tired of the Blue Blood articles and debates but "what?" at this sentence? when did UCLA and Indiana become excluded?

"The traditional, accepted blue bloods are North Carolina, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky. Some include UCLA with its 11 banners and Indiana with five"

Reaction Score
Actually, I found this article surprisingly enjoyable and very complimentary of the program. They are essentially saying we're more dangerous b/c we're still not considered a blue-blood. We're hungrier than others, we're obsessive and we have a chip on our shoulder. I like us that way. I prefer that to being considered a blue blood.

Reaction Score

It is a prickly subject in these parts. The Huskies wear blue, but are they a college basketball blue blood?

(Jessica Hill / Associated Press)
Statistics say they are, with five men’s titles in, yes, the last 25 years to go with 11 women’s titles. Society says they aren’t, or at least not yet — which is not necessarily a good thing when the Aztecs encounter No. 1 overall seed UConn again in the NCAA Tournament, this time Thursday night (4:30 p.m. PDT, TBS) in the Sweet 16 at Boston’s TD Garden.

Reaction Score
Is the quote listed in your thread title actually in the article? I don't see anything where the author actually says we're not a blue blood.
No, she says something like the #'s view UConn as a blue blood but society doesn't and then she tries to connect it all back to Hurley feeling slighted and using it as a motivator.

We're considered a blue blood, this is just someone who had to come up with an article.

Reaction Score
Best Uconn related article I've read in the last 3 weeks. Acknowledged JC on the "Heavy lifting" and mentioned our international jumbo on the floor in the early years.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I could care less about the blue blood bs. People know about UConn. Walk through any airport in the US wear UConn apparel and people will want to talk UConn hoops with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom