San Antonio and Seattle toe-to-toe in Slide for Stewie Lottery | Page 2 | The Boneyard

San Antonio and Seattle toe-to-toe in Slide for Stewie Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess Carl Adamec was not impressed with San Antonio's decision to sit Danielle Robinson and Kayla McBride last night:

carl adamec ‏@CarlAdamec 16h16 hours ago
At least the Connecticut Sun and Atlanta (even Seattle) didn't go into the tank like San Antonio did for the #Suck4Stewie lottery. Pathetic

The only difference I see between Seattle and San Antonio is that Seattle has the advantage of having Bird's age as an excuse for sitting her. It's one thing for her to sit on the 2nd leg of a back-to-back as they've done a couple times. But, she couldn't have played Sunday at Chicago, having last played Aug. 30?

Let me be clear, I don't blame Seattle for sitting her (or Sue for sitting) - the season's a lost cause and there's no reason to put more wear and tear on Sue's body.

By the same token, though, K-Mac came into this season recovering from a Jones fracture (same injury as Kevin Durant), an injury caused by overuse. Knowing that she basically has to play overseas to make money, isn't it San Antonio's best interest to rest her and do what they can to prevent a recurrence? And D-Rob is listed on ESPN's box score for the Sept 5. game as a "DNP Right Shoulder" so there may be a legit injury there.

Reaction Score
At least Seattle has a few good players, San Antonio has by far the worst group of players in the league, would like to see Stewie go to Seattle or Connecticut. Atlanta has Angel, and she shoots way too much, not a good fit for Stewie.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im still hoping she ends up in San Antonio.... Hamby and Stewart would give them a nice forward tandem to build around.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
At least Seattle has a few good players, San Antonio has by far the worst group of players in the league, would like to see Stewie go to Seattle or Connecticut. Atlanta has Angel, and she shoots way too much, not a good fit for Stewie.
according to some, no team is a good fit for Stewie

Reaction Score

baggerbob- - - -Do you really think it's in B. Stewart's best interest to play for Anne Donovan? Is AD the answer to bring out all that Stewie can be in her pro career? San Antonio's Dan Hughes is a much better coach! He was voted one of the top 3 WNBA coaches the last 4 years by league GM's!
Hopefully the CT Sun's management will fire Chris Sienko at GM and AD at HC and bring in a younger more creative mind at HC/GM that can develop young players! The new coach should also have the GM job to have complete control of the program and entice some talented coach from the college ranks or a top asst.in the league to want that job! In a previous post I brought up names of possible replacements from both the college ranks and top assts. now in the WNBA!
Someone on the BY previously said that AD has never won with young players, all her success at Seattle and the Olympics were with older, established players! She has never had a winning record with a team made up of mostly young players, which the Sun definitely are! And 3 years in she still hasn't gotten a winning record! And don't bring up ALL the injuries! Mike Thibault would have made the playoffs each of these last 3 years! He's done wonders with the Mystics, who couldn't make the playoffs for the previous 5 or 6 years!

Reaction Score
Seattle and San Antonio need her most. Both teams need a centerpiece. CT has Bone and Chiney. Atlanta has Angel.

San Antonio and Seattle are still searching. K-Mac and Jewell might end up being nice secondary options for their respective teams but each would probably function best as a secondary option to another star.
Interesting.
Seattle gets the 1st pick two years in a row and gets Jewell and Stewie!

Imagine Stewie playing with Jewell and Kaleena with the best point guard in the world running things...

boggles my mind!

Reaction Score
But...

imagine Stewie on the Dream playing with Angel and Shoni.

Either option will be awesome to watch.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
A front line of Bone/Chiney/Stewart would be Really, Really, Really good. and Very Young. Chelsea Gray with another year under her belt and a healthy Bentley. Little and Thomas as back-ups in the post. That could be a very scary team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A front line of Bone/Chiney/Stewart would be Really, Really, Really good. and Very Young. Chelsea Gray with another year under her belt and a healthy Bentley. Little and Thomas as back-ups in the post. That could be a very scary team.
I hope the Sun wins the 1st pick and select Stewie

Reaction Score

I'd think that Thomas would start and Bone would be the backup.

Still can't believe that the Sun didn't make the playoffs.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Bone's not backing up anybody.
when I saw that I was like...
8195e5a33fdee42af2632bb0a53ac53a.jpg

Reaction Score
The regular season is officially over. So, the top teams go to one playoff; the bottom teams to another!

Stewie_Lottery.png
Lottery night is Sept. 24 on ESPN2 during halftime of the opener of the league’s Eastern Conference best-of-three final.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
sarcasm alert...

Some folks have a pathological disdain from Anne Donovan, and believe she hates Connecticut players. She is why Kelly Faris is not an all-star and why Renee isn't a starting point guard.

For some, it's rooted in the dumping of Mike T. He did well at CT, but never quite got them to the promised land. There was an inelegance in the process of his firing - and emotions were stoked by the reporter in his pocket (as opposed to the reporter he called to dress down... but that's another story). Despite her WNBA championship and Olympic gold medal credentials, Donovan hasn't been able to do much at CT - she's had injuries and defections. Folks want her gone - which is fine. But there's not a lot of options out there (see the Dream's freefall when Angel got Marynell tossed).

As with most teams - talent + health = wins = happy fans.
Nor did she do much with Seton Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog