Sam Cassell, Jr. Ranking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell, Jr. Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No. But we were in the Big East and had an HoF coach then.
I might have the same concern if I didn't see the progress Nolan made over the season. Same with DD. Certainly TO struggled all season but that also happened under JC once the competition got more difficult. RB and OC were up and down, but both had played with injuries so the jury is still out.

Be restrained if you want. Not me! I've seen enough to make me very optimistic that if KO gets a certain caliber of player they will develop. The only difference between getting the A vs. the D plans is the A usually requires less time and work to get them to the place a coach wants. Under a lot of coaches this ends up as a failure because they don't invest themselves with the players. This was not the case with JC.

And imo, KO will prove to all of us he's even more invested in the kids on his team than JC which is really saying something.

Reaction Score
Jury is still out on Brimah, but that kid was on nobody's radar and the early indications are that he's got a world of upside. Between the Napier quote about his defense being the biggest surprise through three weeks of practice, the Glen Miller "Diamond in the Rough" and the Goodluck "They've already got their center" comments there is reason to believe that Ollie has already pulled a rabbit out of his hat in one of the three recruits that make up his current portfolio.

You don't have to swim up stream all the time Waq. Let the homerism wash over you. 10 toes in and whatnot.

Brimah looks better coming in than Thabeet did. Not even close in my opinion. I think Brimah has TREMENDOUS upside.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Make you feel good about bashing what someone does for a living? If you dont like the star system or recruiting analysis then dont read it. Mentioning that the authors job is a result of his life that had "gotten away" from him and that if it was you, you would be a drunk contemplating suicide on a bridge. The author provides content that people not like your pretentious appreciate. Please dont provide your two cents on assuming someones life is a failure because they provide content that you dont like.

Think fishy is just speaking for himself.

I'm sure that Bossi's mom and grandmother are very proud of him.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Make you feel good about bashing what someone does for a living? If you dont like the star system or recruiting analysis then dont read it. Mentioning that the authors job is a result of his life that had "gotten away" from him and that if it was you, you would be a drunk contemplating suicide on a bridge. The author provides content that people not like your pretentious appreciate. Please dont provide your two cents on assuming someones life is a failure because they provide content that you dont like.

Never get into an Internet pissing match with someone who is better with words than you.

Reaction Score
Never get into an Internet pissing match with someone who is better with words than you.
I've battled him only once and won. You can probably attribute my innate ability to piss well on the internet to my high IQ. Don't be jealous :) oh and I'm pretty damn good at chess too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Thanks for the effort, but I'm not in the habit of soliciting advice from hayseeds, so we'll both just have to endure.

Say, weren't you finding another UConn forum?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I just gave Rakim 11 stars.

What I am looking (closely) for from Rakim is that he grow up to be something more productive than a guy who makes a living awarding stars on the internet. If he can somehow find a profession that does not cause people to give the "WTF" face when it's described to them, I'm really thinking about giving him a 13th star.

I don't know Fishy, once you pass out the elusive thirteenth star people may begin questioning if you are discriminatory enough in your evaluations. Many of the other experts will start saying "if Fishy gives him twelve stars he's really only worth ten".

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've battled him only once and won. You can probably attribute my innate ability to piss well on the internet to my high IQ. Don't be jealous :) oh and I'm pretty damn good at chess too.

Was this an officially sanctioned Interwebs Grudge Match?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the effort, but I'm not in the habit of soliciting advice from hayseeds, so we'll both just have to endure.

Say, weren't you finding another UConn forum?
Born and raised in connecticut. Using my username to try and insult me (poorly) is childish and weak. I could do the same with your name and asking how the wife is, but i wont.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Where you're from is the least of your shortcomings, kiddo.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Born and raised in connecticut. Using my username to try and insult me (poorly) is childish and weak. I could do the same with your name and asking how the wife is, but i wont.

Thank you mojo gods
he could not be more perfect
for swami's gallows.

Reaction Score

Your chess ability was evident from your brilliant effort to spark a board war by posting on the women's board about KML's weight. As you can see, both boards are on fire with the issue! You win!

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I don't know Fishy, once you pass out the elusive thirteenth star people may begin questioning if you are discriminatory enough in your evaluations. Many of the other experts will start saying "if Fishy gives him twelve stars he's really only worth ten".

"My amp goes to 11"

Reaction Score

Do you coach the University of Kentucky? I recognize the modesty and likable personality

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I might have the same concern if I didn't see the progress Nolan made over the season. Same with DD. Certainly TO struggled all season but that also happened under JC once the competition got more difficult. RB and OC were up and down, but both had played with injuries so the jury is still out.

Be restrained if you want. Not me! I've seen enough to make me very optimistic that if KO gets a certain caliber of player they will develop. The only difference between getting the A vs. the D plans is the A usually requires less time and work to get them to the place a coach wants. Under a lot of coaches this ends up as a failure because they don't invest themselves with the players. This was not the case with JC.

And imo, KO will prove to all of us he's even more invested in the kids on his team than JC which is really saying something.

In truth, I'd rather have a team full of solid recruits, who stay for 3-4 years than a team of 5 star one-and-doners like Kentucky. A team that forges an identity over a period of years where each class hands down the lessons learned to the next class is more likely to produce both championships and players worth rooting for than a group of guys who get together for one year to try and get each individual the highest draft position possible. I want to watch KO nurture these boys into men just like JC did.

We're never going to keep up with Kentucky or Kansas at landing thirteen star recruits and frankly I don't want to. As a fan, I'd rather watch guys like Kemba, Price, Thabeet, Adrien, Okafor, Gordon, Armstrong, Anderson, Denham Brown, Gavin Edwards, Napier, Boatright, Giffey, Oldander and Daniels, who mature over 3-4 years, don't mind spending some time on the bench waiting their turn, then see guys leave after 1-2 years. Give me the 3 and 4 stars and leave the 5 star recruits to ...ing blue bloods.

I don't follow the NBA anymore. I love college basketball because I can watch these kids mature into men. I don't care if Cassel gets another star or not. I'm just glad we're bringing in solid commits with commitment, instead of leasing five star players for a year, who are considered failures if they are not picked in the lottery after their freshman/sophomore seasons. So much happier to be a UConn fan watching our boys grow up, than those poor bastards in Kentucky who watch their team through a revolving door.

Reaction Score
Yea I don't see how anyone can really predict what his impact will be. Or maybe the more accurate statement would be you can't predict how good his impact will be because i think getting him is nothing but a positive. JUCO guys tend to be all over there with their results v. their rankings.

Reaction Score
Sorry to those with little understanding and/or comprehension. You have no souls if you find what "fishy" has said ridiculing another mans work as appropriate. I have a soul.
Or your inability to assess your innate abilities
Are you high?
I suggest you rethink your support of "fishy" by reading a few of his many judgmental, unkind, condescending posts. If you have done so and see no wrong then i anticipate a response of hate towards me.

Your chess ability was evident from your brilliant effort to spark a board war by posting on the women's board about KML's weight. As you can see, both boards are on fire with the issue! You win!
Checkmate. I suggest you rethink your support of "fishy" by reading a few of his many judgmental, unkind, condescending posts. If you have done so and see no wrong then i anticipate a response of hate towards me.
Where you're from is the least of your shortcomings, kiddo.
You've spent so much time judging what other people created that you've created very, very little of your own. Be worried "fishy" as over time more and more will see you for who you are. I will help facilitate that.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Sorry to those with little understanding and/or comprehension. You have no souls if you find what "fishy" has said ridiculing another mans work as appropriate. I have a soul. Are you high?
I suggest you rethink your support of "fishy" by reading a few of his many judgmental, unkind, condescending posts. If you have done so and see no wrong then i anticipate a response of hate towards me.

Checkmate. I suggest you rethink your support of "fishy" by reading a few of his many judgmental, unkind, condescending posts. If you have done so and see no wrong then i anticipate a response of hate towards me.

You've spent so much time judging what other people created that you've created very, very little of your own. Be worried "fishy" as over time more and more will see you for who you are. I will help facilitate that.

I'm just trying to figure out your need to jump so fervently tio the defense of a low level high school basketball talent evaluator. Other than Bossi's immediate family who would even care enough to respond to Fishy's description? I'm guessing even Eric would have had a tough time ginning up the energy to be offended

Reaction Score
I'm just trying to figure out your need to jump so fervently tio the defense of a low level high school basketball talent evaluator. Other than Bossi's immediate family who would even care enough to respond to Fishy's description? I'm guessing even Eric would have had a tough time ginning up the energy to be offended
Probably the same reason that i dispise those who talk behind another's back, bullying in schools, or someone believing they are better than the next man. I'd hope someone would speak on my behalf if i was being bashed on. I'm more into this based on principle rather than to who it's in regards too.

Reaction Score
The Soul Man has spoken. He says it is checkmate, who are we to question him? He is going to help us all see who Fishy really is. We owe him a large debt of gratitude. He is a facilitator. We are all richer for having him show us the light. It really is the beginning of a new era on the boneyard.

In the immortal words of Andy Dufresne, "How can you be so obtuse?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
did you have the same sort of uneasiness on prospects when JC had to settle for his plan B, C, D's and so on?

Yeah, that Kemba Walker...not a bad plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom