Roster officially updated for 2014 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster officially updated for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You calling me stupid. That is a thing of beauty.

The rap video was embarrassing, at a minimum. Then there was the spring break arrest, now a violation of team rules. At some point KO is going to have enough of the off court BS, especially from a player who hasn't shown any development at all since his freshman year. The program is in the process of cleaning up its image. I don't think its off base to think this may be the last straw.

Insiders have said that Kevin Ollie loved the rap video. This is why I'm second guessing his judgment and suitability as a coach at a major college basketball program.

Reaction Score
11 Ryan Boatright 6-0/168 Guard JR Aurora, Ill.
35 Amida Brimah 7-0/217 Center FR Accra, Ghana
21 Omar Calhoun 6-6/199 Guard SO Brooklyn, N.Y.
2 DeAndre Daniels 6-9/195 Forward JR Los Angeles, Calif.
12 Kentan Facey 6-8.5/200 Forward FR Trelawny, Jamaica
5 Niels Giffey 6-7.5/205 Guard/Forward SR Berlin, Germany
20 Lasan Kromah 6-5.5/201 Guard/Forward GS Greenbelt, Md.
13 Shabazz Napier 6-1/180 Guard SR Roxbury, Mass.
0 Phillip Nolan 6-10.5/212 Forward SO Milwaukee, Wis.
10 Tyler Olander 6-10.5/230 Forward SR Mansfield, Conn.
44 Rodney Purvis 6-4.5/203 Guard RS SO Raleigh. N.C.
3 Terrence Samuel 6-4/190 Guard FR Brooklyn, N.Y.
22 Leon Tolksdorf 6-8.5/218 Forward SO Berlin, Germany

We must be really starved for height if we're trying to pass off DD as 6'9, OC as 6'6, and Boat at 6'0.

Moreover, if Facey is really Daniels's size, there's no way he'll be able to play the 5. And I'm skeptical of his having enough talent to play the 4. Career backup? We really need Larrier/White/Robinson.

I'm honestly starting to think you've decided to go the freescooter, message board troll route. What is your skepticism based on, because you've NEVER seen him play.

Reaction Score
I'm honestly starting to think you've decided to go the freescooter, message board troll route. What is your skepticism based on, because you've NEVER seen him play.

Yeah, kind of a bizarre post. I can't think of too many four star guys as talented as Facey who have been four year backups. It's way premature to say he can't play the four (or the five for that matter).

Reaction Score
Yeah, kind of a bizarre post. I can't think of too many four star guys as talented as Facey who have been four year backups. It's way premature to say he can't play the four (or the five for that matter).

He wasn't ranked in the top 25, therefore he can't play. Every single one of that guy's post reads exactly like that.

Reaction Score
I'm going off of what Kevin Ollie said not Tyler Olander.

Show me where Ollie said a single thing that's inconsistent with what I said.

Did I miss the part where the cops apologized to Olander for arresting him? Did Ollie say "You know what, it was my mistake for suspending him." I didn't see any of that. The kid's been arrested 2 times in 9 months. You can explain it away all you want but it's not going to change that. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Tyler rapping was only embarrassing to himself, why do you care about him rapping? Do you know what Tyler was arrested for at spring break?
Head firmly planted in the sand. He was arrested twice within 6 months and based on all objective accounts, both were warranted. I seriously doubt he ever sees the court again in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
To Huskybass and BigErn originally when I posted I didn't know what this arrest was for. I was commenting on how you guys seem to be really upset over his rapping and his arrest at spring break. From what I've heard of the spring break arrest it was a very minor thing and Coach Ollie's quotes made it sound that way as well. This sounds like a big deal a DUI is pretty serious and my guess is he misses serious time or is kicked off the team. I don't consider it his third strike though like you guys.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Purvis was listed at 6'3" at NCSU. Also, 44 is an interestin number choice.

It's Johnny Selvie tribute. Come on, I can't be the only one around here with a 44 tattoo

Reaction Score
selvie.jpg
It's Johnny Selvie tribute. Come on, I can't be the only one around here with a 44 tattoo

U

UCONNfan1

Speaking of updates, any reason the uconnhuskies.com is doing a weekly update on the UConn women's team but not the men's? Will they do the men after the women?
That just sounds funny...! ;)

U

UCONNfan1

He's not getting kicked off the team for being a dum bass.. I think magically his suspension will be over at the start of league play.
I'm not sure about magically. This is not Kentucky or UNC, or even UNLV in its' heyday. Ollie (it seems) runs a very tight ship. 10 toes in, but they get cut off if you screw up. At least that's what it seems like so far to me...

Reaction Score

He's being recruited as a post player. He doesn't have the perimeter skills that a guy like Daniels does in order to play the 4 in Ollie's system. I'm not saying he's not a good player; I'm saying he's kind of a "'tweener".

Does he have the size to hold down the post all by himself as the 5? If not, can he play far enough from the basket as the 4 to avoid clogging up driving lanes for everyone else?

Reaction Score
He's being recruited as a post player. He doesn't have the perimeter skills that a guy like Daniels does in order to play the 4 in Ollie's system. I'm not saying he's not a good player; I'm saying he's kind of a "'tweener".

Does he have the size to hold down the post all by himself as the 5? If not, can he play far enough from the basket as the 4 to avoid clogging up driving lanes for everyone else?

One of the reasons why Ollie's "system" in year one called for Daniels to play the 4 was because our post players weren't good enough to justify having two of them on the floor at the same time. I'm not saying that Ollie will definitely go back to having two traditional bigs - in fact, based on some of the kids he's recruiting I'd guess that there are more "stretch 4's" in the future. But if Facey plays well enough and earns significant playing time, it's not like Ollie has to use him exactly the same way he uses Daniels.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about magically. This is not Kentucky or UNC, or even UNLV in its' heyday. Ollie (it seems) runs a very tight ship. 10 toes in, but they get cut off if you screw up. At least that's what it seems like so far to me...
At another school? I'm pretty sure there are some SEC schools where the kid would have gotten a ride home from the police and told not to do anything like it again... I'm still thinking it will be at most a semester suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom