Roster officially updated for 2014 | The Boneyard

Roster officially updated for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Color me skeptical of the heights listed for Boatright, Daniels, Calhoun, Samuel.....heck maybe every one of them.

Reaction Score
I want to get measured by whoever does the basketball team! Compared last year's roster to this year's.

Boatright - Gained 8 pounds to 168. Still 6-0 ;)
Calhoun - Grew an inch to 6-6 and gained 7 pounds to 199.
Daniels - Grew an inch to 6-9 and stayed the same weight at 195.
Giffey - Grew a half inch to 6-7.5 and stayed the same weight at 205.
Napier - Gained 9 pounds to 180. Still 6-1.
Nolan - Grew an inch and a half to 6-10.5 and gained 9 pounds to 212.
Olander - Grew an inch and a half to 6-10.5 and gained 5 pounds to 230.
Tolksdorf - Grew a half inch to 6-8.5 and lost 2 pounds to 218.

I think the team must have worn platform shoes for their measurements this year!

Reaction Score
Everyone seems to be the usual inch taller except facey. Which is weird, because facey looked significantly bigger than Lebron in the picture of the two of them

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Since Facey is listed, does that mean the NCAA has reviewed his case and he can play this year?

pj

Reaction Score
Good to see Brimah is a 7 footer. Keep growing, Amida!

Reaction Score
Woah Samuel is 6'4? he could be a defensive beast at the point.

Reaction Score
Since Facey is listed, does that mean the NCAA has reviewed his case and he can play this year?

Pretty sure even if Facey had to redshirt he'd still be listed on the roster. So this doesn't tell us anything regarding his status.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Purvis was listed at 6'3" at NCSU. Also, 44 is an interestin number choice.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Purvis was listed at 6'3" at NCSU. Also, 44 is an interestin number choice.
Think he is going to wear 5 when he actually suits up, but that's Giffey's number right now.

Reaction Score
Boat is actually 5'9" tall.

You can delete #10 from the Roster. We will miss him if we play Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Speaking of updates, any reason the uconnhuskies.com is doing a weekly update on the UConn women's team but not the men's? Will they do the men after the women?

Reaction Score

That would be ridiculous if its just a failed pot test. We obviously don't know yet. But after watching all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances some of these other schools give their athletes I am getting sick of the houlier than thou off with their heads mentality when one of our kids screws up.

If Olander gets thrown off the team it better be a for a damn good reason.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

He's not getting kicked off the team for being a dum bass.. I think magically his suspension will be over at the start of league play.

Reaction Score
His baggage outweighs his value. You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but between the spring break incident, the rap video and this latest incident, his career in Storrs is over.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
His baggage outweighs his value. You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but between the spring break incident, the rap video and this latest incident, his career in Storrs is over.

Ease off on the caffine... You're really over-estimating my value of Olander. I just doubt he gets thrown off the team. I'd rather he didn't... but it's not like he's my favorite player or anything... I think we'd be okay without his 5 fouls and 3.7 rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
Are you really this stupid? The rap video, what the hell did he do wrong, he is a teenager who isn't a good rapper. The spring break thing was explained as a misunderstanding.

Reaction Score
You calling me stupid. That is a thing of beauty.

The rap video was embarrassing, at a minimum. Then there was the spring break arrest, now a violation of team rules. At some point KO is going to have enough of the off court BS, especially from a player who hasn't shown any development at all since his freshman year. The program is in the process of cleaning up its image. I don't think its off base to think this may be the last straw.

Reaction Score
Thought I remembered reading somewhere that DD had gained some weight and was up over 200? Guess not... But 6-9 is really good; for him to be that long and tall with his athleticism is gonna be a nightmare. Saw him at the union the other day and he was TOWERING over me, and I'm 6 foot

Reaction Score
Since when is doing a rap video against school rules? These are just teenagers having fun. We do not even know what he did yet.

Reaction Score
You calling me stupid. That is a thing of beauty.

The rap video was embarrassing, at a minimum. Then there was the spring break arrest, now a violation of team rules. At some point KO is going to have enough of the off court BS, especially from a player who hasn't shown any development at all since his freshman year. The program is in the process of cleaning up its image. I don't think its off base to think this may be the last straw.
Tyler rapping was only embarrassing to himself, why do you care about him rapping? Do you know what Tyler was arrested for at spring break?

Reaction Score
The spring break thing was explained as a misunderstanding.

No. It wasn't. He got arrested because he was asked to leave somewhere and he didn't. The fact that Tyler tells a story about not having a wristband and the cop not knowing he was staying with his girlfriend and blah blah blah and then some fanboys lap it up doesn't change that. I can't stand this bending over backwards that some people do to explain away everything.

He got arrested in Florida. Whether you think that's fair or not doesn't matter. And then when he's supposed to be redeeming himself and winning back his captaincy he gets suspended again. The question really needs to be "Are you really this stupid?" because I'm wondering what a kid could do wrong to draw some criticism from you.

Reaction Score
No. It wasn't. He got arrested because he was asked to leave somewhere and he didn't. The fact that Tyler tells a story about not having a wristband and the cop not knowing he was staying with his girlfriend and blah blah blah and then some fanboys lap it up doesn't change that. I can't stand this bending over backwards that some people do to explain away everything.

He got arrested in Florida. Whether you think that's fair or not doesn't matter. And then when he's supposed to be redeeming himself and winning back his captaincy he gets suspended again. The question really needs to be "Are you really this stupid?" because I'm wondering what a kid could do wrong to draw some criticism from you.
I'm going off of what Kevin Ollie said not Tyler Olander.

Reaction Score
11 Ryan Boatright 6-0/168 Guard JR Aurora, Ill.
35 Amida Brimah 7-0/217 Center FR Accra, Ghana
21 Omar Calhoun 6-6/199 Guard SO Brooklyn, N.Y.
2 DeAndre Daniels 6-9/195 Forward JR Los Angeles, Calif.
12 Kentan Facey 6-8.5/200 Forward FR Trelawny, Jamaica
5 Niels Giffey 6-7.5/205 Guard/Forward SR Berlin, Germany
20 Lasan Kromah 6-5.5/201 Guard/Forward GS Greenbelt, Md.
13 Shabazz Napier 6-1/180 Guard SR Roxbury, Mass.
0 Phillip Nolan 6-10.5/212 Forward SO Milwaukee, Wis.
10 Tyler Olander 6-10.5/230 Forward SR Mansfield, Conn.
44 Rodney Purvis 6-4.5/203 Guard RS SO Raleigh. N.C.
3 Terrence Samuel 6-4/190 Guard FR Brooklyn, N.Y.
22 Leon Tolksdorf 6-8.5/218 Forward SO Berlin, Germany

We must be really starved for height if we're trying to pass off DD as 6'9, OC as 6'6, and Boat at 6'0.

Moreover, if Facey is really Daniels's size, there's no way he'll be able to play the 5. And I'm skeptical of his having enough talent to play the 4. Career backup? We really need Larrier/White/Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom