Recruits React to First Night and Weekly Recruiting Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits React to First Night and Weekly Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, and I don't really see enough good dunkers on this team to make things interesting, the NBA can't even put on a good dunk contest at this point, having one with this squad would've been ugly.
Agreed. Maybe if the team has multiple high flyers one year they can bring it back (ala when it was Boatright vs. Drummond), but I think dunk contests are pretty much played out at this point.

I would like to see them bring back a quick 3-point contest, though. I think it would be a good warmup for the scrimmage.

Reaction Score
I think Facey and Rodney would have lit it up as well as Boat and potentially Brimah.........not out of this world stuff for sure but better than guessing what cartoon character the pictures were i can tell you that!:confused:

Add DD and Kromah. I think this team has plenty of dunkers. Hell, Giffeye can throw it down. The scrimmage was a freakin' dunk contest.

One player we wouldn't see is Bazz, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
tomahawks are nice to look at in an in-game/scrimmage setting, they don't make for good dunk contest dunks. I would like to see what Purvis could do in a dunk contest, Boat isn't really creative, once you get past the novelty of a short guy getting up and throwing down, his dunks get old in that kind of setting. In 2013 you gotta be really creative and explosive to stand out in a dunk contest(see that guy from the University of Detroit in the College dunk contest during Final 4 weekend), if not its just going to come across as played out like 990411 said.

Reaction Score
And que: "We do not care". It was a joke and not meant to be accurate.
In fact we intend to not only rarely talk about PC basketball- but when we do- we plan on not using a single fact in our comments. Please feel free not to correct us. That would be swell.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

It is inherent to the nature of message board posting that there is no such thing as private conversation. Any post you make is by default open to response by anyone who reads it, anything you post can be responded to by anyone who has an account and chooses to respond. That's how it works.

Reaction Score
Nope- not gonna happen. I do not mind anyone coming here and talking UCONN basketball. That includes PC fans if we are going after some of the same players. No one here cares to be corrected about PC basketball facts- unless maybe we are playing you in the sometime in the near future and are talking match ups. I am over it- and when I am over it- I post like I am over it. Good news is when the season starts we mostly ignore trolls -so you can post a PC box score for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom