RB/CB CJ Holmes ~ Cheshire Academy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RB/CB CJ Holmes ~ Cheshire Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I wish he was going to UConn too, however he isn't so I still wish him the best at ND. I just got to know his situation in the last year or so. I suppose he could change his mind - he hasn't signed a letter of intent - but it's unlikely.

I believe CJ is the best athlete out of CT since Drummond. Although many would have good arguments with Reed, Springer or Dunn.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think this is one of the problems with in state kids that UConn will always have... CT is just so damn small... and if you want to "go away" to school then you're not going to UConn. Penn State is four hours away from anywhere that matters in PA so it feels like you're getting away unless you're in State College. Rutgers I think has some of the same issue.

Reaction Score

Thinking Irish eyes will be smiling... but ya never know with teenagers till the ink is dry and the fax is received ;)

Reaction Score
Bleacher ReportVerified account‏@BleacherReport
B/R Commitment Week: Five recruits, five days, five commitments #BRCommitmentWeek
006.jpg

Here is today's commit:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gosh, the hype machine for this high school kids is just silly.

Yup... Here is "commitment #2" from Robert Beal.

There is a lot of game playing and head fakes up to the actual announcement. CJ had posted a final four of Michigan, Bama, PennState and Syracuse late last night after 247 Crystal Ball had 100% commitment to ND. Who the heck knows - LOL.

Reaction Score
I hope this kid turns into another Pete Demmerle. Pete was one of my favorite players ever. My favorite from Connecticut in any event.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is an exceptional athlete and Coach Kelly will utilize his skills well. Not much Diaco could do given the level he wanted to play at. Barring injuries I project him as a NFL level guy in a few years. He will get a good education at ND as well.

Kid touched the ball 8 times in 2017 - pretty disappointing why didn't he redshirt?

Reaction Score
He is an exceptional athlete and Coach Kelly will utilize his skills well. Not much Diaco could do given the level he wanted to play at. Barring injuries I project him as a NFL level guy in a few years. He will get a good education at ND as well.

Kid touched the ball 8 times in 2017 - pretty disappointing why didn't he redshirt?

That was in one game. He also played on special teams...

Reaction Score

If he played in only one game during the first half of the year, he can get a redshirt. I don’t know if that was the only game he played in. If so, he will still have three years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
If he played in only one game during the first half of the year, he can get a redshirt. I don’t know if that was the only game he played in. If so, he will still have three years of eligibility.

He played in three games. One of them was the NC State game. That was the #8 game of the season.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He played in three games. One of them was the NC State game. That was the #8 game of the season.

You hearing anything about him? Is there a chance he's reinstated?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If

I heard that he still has a chance to be reinstated, but I haven’t heard any updates regarding spring practice.

Cool. Thanks for the info! I hope the Irish are back in the CFP soon--football is always better with them at the top. You either love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to love 'em. Went to ND Stadium for the first time for my brother's bachelor party a few years back when they played Georgia Tech. Best sports an environment I've ever experienced by a long shot, and that includes Fenway and Yankee Stadium.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
i happen to like the irish too, although its time to call them the "Friendly Irish." Fighting is not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom