Randy's 4-2 Go Terps!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy's 4-2 Go Terps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well then please tell us what your point was? Would love to hear it.

This isn't that difficult. You're making the point that we're not better off by using the Temple game as an example. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but you're using Temple as a barometer when Edsall's UConn team nearly got doubled up by Temple the last time they played them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This isn't that difficult. You're making the point that we're not better off by using the Temple game as an example. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but you're using Temple as a barometer when Edsall's UConn team nearly got doubled up by Temple the last time they played them.

Holy christ. Edsall won 33 games his last four years. Yes, they dumped a game at Temple in his final season. What carries more weight. 33 wins in four years or one loss to Temple.

We are not better off because this team is dogshit.

PP isn't going to win 10 games over two seasons. Edsall is Lombardi crossed with Parcells in comparison.

Reaction Score
Holy christ. Edsall won 33 games his last four years. Yes, they dumped a game at Temple in his final season. What carries more weight. 33 wins in four years or one loss to Temple.

We are not better off because this team is dog****.

PP isn't going to win 10 Fecunditying games over two seasons. Edsall is Fecunditying Lombardi crossed with Parcells in comparison.

Oh my god. I know. I agree with that. Do you not remember your original post that started this "debate"?

Reaction Score
That 2010 Temple team was coached by Al Golden (who I would loved to have landed here) and had an NFL running back in Bernard Pierce. Steve Addazio isn't Golden (haha) and I didn't see an NFL skill player in that offense today. And Edsall adjusted as the season went on. The only adjustments Im seeing is less traffic on this website because people are disheartened/fed up.
'

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh my god. I know. I agree with that. Do you not remember your original post that started this "debate"?

Now you agree. One page ago you were posting a boxscore from a meaningless game and talking about how UConn beat Maryland.

If you missed my initial sarcasm that seems impossible.

Reaction Score
Now you agree. One page ago you were posting a boxscore from a meaningless game and talking about how UConn beat Maryland.

If you missed my initial sarcasm that seems impossible.

Obviously you're not understanding what I'm saying so I'm not even going to try anymore. I didn't misunderstand your initial sarcasm. All I did was make reference to how ridiculous it is to use Temple to compare the two coaches in terms of what they did at UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Obviously you're not understanding what I'm saying so I'm not even going to try anymore. I didn't misunderstand your initial sarcasm. All I did was make reference to how ridiculous it is to use Temple to compare the two coaches in terms of what they did at UConn.

Sure, if you only look at the last two Temple games in a vacuum today was a step in a great direction. Just ignore the other 69 games the last 5 and half years.

Reaction Score
Sure, if you only look at the last two Temple games in a vacuum today was a step in a great direction. Just ignore the other 69 games the last 5 and half years.

When did I say that today was a step in a great direction?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When did I say that today was a step in a great direction?

You didn't. You won't actually say anything because what you are hinting at is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
You didn't. You won't actually say anything because what you are hinting at is ridiculous.

What am I hinting at?

I'm not gonna argue this anymore. You chose a poor example. That's all I'm saying. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What am I hinting at?

I'm not gonna argue this anymore. You chose a poor example. That's all I'm saying. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

You are hinting at today's loss to Temple isn't a stain on the coaching staff because the last staff lost to Temple.

The bodies of work speak for themselves you are the one introducing one loss to make a point.

Reaction Score
Is this a serious thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, are you serious? If HCRE is here stil we go bowling last year, this year and next year. Instead we're left with your father (pp). I say "your father" because you have to be a kid is his to ask that question.

Reaction Score
Yes, are you serious? If HCRE is here stil we go bowling last year, this year and next year. Instead we're left with your father (pp). I say "your father" because you have to be a kid is his to ask that question.

Jayce...I can't stop laughing at this post only because I know you. To answer your question it was not started on a serious note but after I posted it I wanted to say " be careful what you ask for" to those who wanted Randy gone. (grin)

Reaction Score
Randy leaving should have been a positive development for the program. The problem is that he was replaced by an older more stubborn version of him (Coach P) with an unexplainable loyalty to an even older guy (Deleone) who seems completely incapable of doing his job effectively.

Reaction Score
Randy leaving should have been a positive development for the program. The problem is that he was replaced by an older more stubborn version of him (Coach P) with an unexplainable loyalty to an even older guy (Deleone) who seems completely incapable of doing his job effectively.
I completely agree with this statement. We plateaued with Randy, we needed someone to take us to the next level. If Randy was still here at least we wouldn't have regressed to die hard fans not caring about the team

Reaction Score
Randy has Maryland back on the road to unfulfilling mediocrity.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Really? With the uncertainty at QB and massive holes to fill at a number of positions, you're going to say we go bowling? Both head coaches suck, ours just suck more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Randy replaced ineffective staff this year, I believe. He runs the joint, but understands that he needs to have good staff.

Reaction Score
Randy replaced ineffective staff this year, I believe. He runs the joint, but understands that he needs to have good staff.
At least Randy was smarter than PP in that regard.

Reaction Score
I complained that Edsall would not get us to the next level. I was stupid. I'd giving anything to get back to our former level.
Blue, I disagree strongly with this. RE had to get out of here. I'm glad he's gone. PP was not an upgrade, and is now starting to look like a downgrade, but RE left without notice on New Years Day. We had a recruiting class on the bubble. We had to do something. PP was a readily available hire. RE left the cupboard bare. No QB. No RB. No receiving corp. Nothing. RE would have had a bad RE year at Uconn last year. We would have wanted him fired.

Now. PP is not our future. We simply need to react appropriately to the PP hire, which is to show him and GDL the door. And get the right guy in here.

Reaction Score
We could have been far better off without him (if JH were willing to use just a bit of creativity in the job search) but instead we are left hoping that the next coaching change happens quickly and doesn't cost us an entire recruiting class.

This post is the bottom line. Fluck Edsall. Lets see where he gets them in the grand scheme of things. What we know for sure is P aint the answer here. Maybe Edsall will one day achieve the success of the coach he replaced, maybe he won't. Who really cares. He left. I don't understand why some here want to see him succeed so bad.

Reaction Score
Blue, I disagree strongly with this. RE had to get out of here. I'm glad he's gone. PP was not an upgrade, and is now starting to look like a downgrade, but RE left without notice on New Years Day. We had a recruiting class on the bubble. We had to do something. PP was a readily available hire. RE left the cupboard bare. No QB. No RB. No receiving corp. Nothing. RE would have had a bad RE year at Uconn last year. We would have wanted him fired.

Now. PP is not our future. We simply need to react appropriately to the PP hire, which is to show him and GDL the door. And get the right guy in here.

Gars- get your point. I did not mean to imply i miss Edsall from a character perspective. He is a complete loser with no character. But, he was a superior coach to PP in retrospect. I think the RE era just serves as a good point of comparative reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom