Randy's 4-2 Go Terps!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Randy's 4-2 Go Terps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy christ. Edsall won 33 games his last four years. Yes, they dumped a game at Temple in his final season. What carries more weight. 33 wins in four years or one loss to Temple.

We are not better off because this team is dog****.

PP isn't going to win 10 Fecunditying games over two seasons. Edsall is Fecunditying Lombardi crossed with Parcells in comparison.
All true. But I still don't want Randy Edsall here. I liked Randy. I'm now a Maryland supporter. I said he would turn it around at MD, and do an acceptable job. MD will win the ACC every now and then. He topped out at Uconn. He wasn't in to the job at Uconn. I'm glad he's gone. PP has to go. The two are mutually exclusive. Not wanting Randy does not equal wanting PP. PP was a short term fix for the the mess that Randy left this program in. Mess with capital M. MESS.

Reaction Score
Gars- get your point. I did not mean to imply i miss Edsall from a character perspective. He is a complete loser with no character. But, he was a superior coach to PP in retrospect. I think the RE era just serves as a good point of comparative reference.
He was similar to PP, some would say better. I want neither of them. PP is just too old, for starters. GDL is way too old. Way too set in their ways. Pasqualoni is like a Bill Stewart at West Virginia. RichRod left them in the lurch under ugly circumstances. Stew was a loyal lifer who was familiar and available. But he was too old. He allowed them to start losing to teams like Uconn. That was not acceptable. He had to go.

Reaction Score
All true. But I still don't want Randy Edsall here. I liked Randy. I'm now a Maryland supporter. I said he would turn it around at MD, and do an acceptable job. MD will win the ACC every now and then. He topped out at Uconn. He wasn't in to the job at Uconn. I'm glad he's gone. PP has to go. The two are mutually exclusive. Not wanting Randy does not equal wanting PP. PP was a short term fix for the the mess that Randy left this program in. Mess with capital M. MESS.
Agreed, when Edall was here, I don't ever recall a post saying "you know who is available and would be a great coach at UConn, Paul Pasquolini".

I hope to see a similar thread started at the end of the season lamenting the loss Randy Edsall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I agree with everything until you get to 'mess'.

Although I don't care about Maryland one way or the other.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything until you get to 'mess'.

Although I don't care about Maryland one way or the other.
I should have said, "offense" was left in bad condition, without QB, RB, receivers. I suppose the running game would have been better under RE because he would not have changed blocking schemes or OL coach Foley. Still, I think we are 5-7 last year. And probably 6-6 this year. With PP we go 5-7 this year. Not much difference. That's what I mean by mess. On offense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Edsall lost to UConn this year. This entire thread is a FAIL.

Reaction Score
Edsall lost to UConn this year. This entire thread is a FAIL.
Be happy that we don't have to play them again. Very happy. They are rocketing in one direction. Up. Our second booster rocket just failed. We are heading back to the launch pad. That is the FAIL.

Reaction Score
This isn't that difficult. You're making the point that we're not better off by using the Temple game as an example. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but you're using Temple as a barometer when Edsall's UConn team nearly got doubled up by Temple the last time they played them.

See? We lose by more and more every time someone brings up this game.

Reaction Score
Be happy that we don't have to play them again. Very happy. They are rocketing in one direction. Up. Our second booster rocket just failed. We are heading back to the launch pad. That is the FAIL.
We host them next season.

Reaction Score

4 Wins against William and Mary, Temple, and bad Wake, and Virginia teams does not equal rocket launch. His schedule is about to get much tougher. You may be proven right but that rocket hasn't left the pad yet.

Reaction Score
Many here hate him and he's not going to win anything important at Maryland but they will win 8 and graduate kids. There are worse fates.

Yeah, like being 5-7 and 3-9 this year was really an improvement over RE. Way to keep the train rolloing forward P :(

Reaction Score
Listen if you want to ignore Notre Dame, West Virginia, South Carolina and the last four seasons winning 33 games over one bad loss knock yourself out.

Anyone who could even try to denigrate Randy Edsall's time at UConn at this point is a Fecunditying moron.

Luckily, there are enough of them here that this point will be contested for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom