Questions for Baylor game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Questions for Baylor game

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Stewie isn't going to play 7 minutes, and score 0 points this year. That performance in last years game doesn't bode well for Baylor, she erased all thoughts of Notre Dame in the semi-final last year, you can bet she's waited for this game since last year.

Something tells me that she has give little thought to avenging a loss to Baylor after winning a national championship. Too bad we never got to see that re-match.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
My biggest concern is not the number of points she scores but that her relentless driving to the hoop gets a couple of our bigs and/or KML in early foul trouble. She has been shooting a LOT of FTs.

I agree. Unfortunately, the Refs might have an influence on the outcome. Based on the Kentucky game, Sims loves to drive to the basket. She eventually fouled out and all five fouls were offensive fouls. But she also drew a lot of fouls. (Too lazy to look up how many.) So, it depends on how the Refs make the Charge/Blocking foul call. I have a feeling Sims will foul out of the UConn game. At the very least, she will be spending a significant amount of time on the bench, in foul trouble.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree. Unfortunately, the Refs might have an influence on the outcome. Based on the Kentucky game, Sims loves to drive to the basket. She eventually fouled out and all five fouls were offensive fouls. But she also drew a lot of fouls. (Too lazy to look up how many.) So, it depends on how the Refs make the Charge/Blocking foul call. I have a feeling Sims will foul out of the UConn game. At the very least, she will be spending a significant amount of time on the bench, in foul trouble.

The refs never influence the game...it all evens out in the long run. UCONN just has to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game and they should be fine.

Reaction Score
I don't think Baylor will beat UConn but it should be an interesting game. Lately it doesn't seem that Geno has a lock-down defender like most of his other Championship teams have had. It will be interesting to see if this team will be able to hold Sims to less then her 30 PPG average. I'm beginning to think not. However, I don't think Baylor has enough other weapons to beat UConn. However if Sims is able to score 40 points, then anything could happen.
If OS gets 30, Baylor will get 50. Not hardly enough for our 75.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Time for a walk down memory lane.... :)

752557668.gif
I love the move by the lady in the red skirt!

Reaction Score
If we're walking down memory lane.. how about Maya's left-handed tip in a few years back?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Time for a walk down memory lane.... :)

752557668.gif

The funniest part is the black coach at the start. He looks like he's well used to dealing with Mulkey regularly. "oh well, here we go again..."

Reaction Score
If Sims is even somewhat contained with say twenty-five points, it will be a blowout. Odyssey would have to get between forty and fifty for Baylor to have a chance. They just don't have enough scorers to outscore UConn, not with the way the Huskies play defense. Also, Geno said that they have to work on their perimeter defense. It's been one guard from the other teams that's been doing the damage. Contain Sims even somewhat, defeat Baylor.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The refs never influence the game...it all evens out in the long run. UCONN just has to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game and they should be fine.
So even as a Baylor fan, you don't think the refs influenced the game in Baylor's loss in the NCAAs last year. :rolleyes:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is gonna win by 20+ every game this season and if they don't it will be an upset. There isn't a team in WCBB the should be able to come within 20 pts of UConn this season. It really doesn't matter how many Sims scores UConn will win.

Reaction Score
UConn is gonna win by 20+ every game this season and if they don't it will be an upset. There isn't a team in WCBB the should be able to come within 20 pts of UConn this season. It really doesn't matter how many Sims scores UConn will win.
They've won two games this season by less than 20 points (Maryland and Penn State).

Reaction Score
Sims is the best guard in the country and a terrific player however will not get inside against UConn and that will hurt her shooting percentage. UConn will score almost at will underneath. If Sims scores 40 who else will score for Baylor? I like Kim as a coach shes very feisty. However with Griner she only won 1 NC and had 1 undefeated season. UConn wins this game by 20+ .

Bingo !! Sims will not get inside against UConn very often. If she's averaging 30 pts. a game, why are there assumptions of her scoring 40+ against the best defense in WCBB ? The only way she scores 40 is if she takes 40+shots. I think she'll score in the upper 20's and wouldn't be surprised if she scored less than 25.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This is one game preview I am looking forward to.

Baylor has played a TERRIBLE schedule to date. This makes it difficult to assess them.

Yes, they took Kentucky to 3 oT's before losing. But one game is hardly an indication of future performance against UConn.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So even as a Baylor fan, you don't think the refs influenced the game in Baylor's loss in the NCAAs last year. :rolleyes:

The refs never have an influence on the outcome of a game thus they should never be complained about. Each team must adjust to the way that the refs call the game.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Someone on the Baylor board said that Stewart and Moore will be a handful. Please tell me that Maya has not flown back from China to play in this game.

Reaction Score
Someone on the Baylor board said that Stewart and Moore will be a handful. Please tell me that Maya has not flown back from China to play in this game.
Must have been some kind of flashback. What are they doing down there in Waco?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom