predict--uconn vs MSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

predict--uconn vs MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UCONN can keep it to within 10, it will be very impressive. Keep it to within 15, that's ok. a loss of 20 points or more would not be a good sign. i'm going to say MSU by 14 at 73-58...

Oy vey. If I ever thought going into a game "I hope they keep it within fifteen" I'd stop watching. Your math is off, by the way.

MSU starts slowly, and the scores they've posted against their tuneups haven't been any more impressive than ours.

I'm hoping they play with intensity for 40 minutes, make jumpshots, and finish the game with 5 guys who haven't fouled out. And I think they'll win, too.

Reaction Score
Yes...this is about right. Single digit loss would be impressive from a team that lost so much talent and theoretically has little to play for. A win would be astonishing. But even a close loss, 2-4 points will send a loud and clear message that the boys from Storrs are not going away anytime soon. I think Ollie knows this and the kids will be playing for a lot of pride, but also loose due to low expectations.

God this is a depressing post. You would be "astonished" if they beat a Michigan State team that just struggled with St. Cloud State?

Reaction Score
I'm not guaranteeing a win, but you guys are building Mich State up like they are last year's UK team. I expect them to be a good team like Izzo's squads usually are but they lost their best player and their leading returning scorer averaged 11ppg last year, and they are not overly stacked this year either. Some of ya'll are really expecting us to get our doors blown off by by this team? Really?

Reaction Score
Yup - this isn't exactly America-USSR part two folks. UConn is very even with Michigan State from a talent perspective. If Calhoun was coaching, I'd pick UConn to win. But I just don't think it's realistic to expect a guy with a grand total of two years of coaching experience to knock off one of the 15-20 best coaches of all-time undermanned.

MSU by 8

Reaction Score
UConn 63
Michigan State 59

We struggle on the boards, but ultimately our guards keep us in the game and we pull this one out late just like in Maui.

Reaction Score
Keeping loss under 12 pts. would have to be considered a victory. Youth, inexperience, new coach and no front court to speak of does not bode well against a tough top ten team. Hope for the best.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
God this is a depressing post. You would be "astonished" if they beat a Michigan State team that just struggled with St. Cloud State?

They are currently ranked #15 and we lost a lot from last year, have a coach who has never coached a game and have a real lack of proven players at the 4-5. So yes, I think it would be a considered a major upset across the basketball world, where many pundits don't think we'll be .500. I don't know how good MSU is. They have a strong Freshman class. I think UConn is better than the pundits do, but who knows really? We didn't exactly set the world on fire in our exhibitions.

I think it will be close. I hope we win. Very excited to start the season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Izzo is a good proven coach with a good team. There are a lot of guys I''d much rather have on the other side of the bench. So it is hard to predict a UConn victory. That said, I do, of course, predict a victory. Mich. St. gets the upper hand early but after a UConn timeout to calm things down the UConn guards prove to be stopable. Mich St. pounds in down low for a while and works its way back into game but Ollie counters with a periodic big/little double team that confuses them. UConn 73-Mich. St. 69.

I will never predict a loss to a team that has a prophylatic as a team nickname.

Reaction Score
If there ever was a first game that I have no idea what to expect, this one is it. I'm concerned about of front court. Now that Wolf is available who gives us size and 5 more fouls in the post, I feel a little bit better. Not saying he'll play much or contribute, but it's always good to have at least 4 players who can man the 4 and 5 rather than 3. I'm not all that confident that the bigs we have are ready for this and are well fitted for the positions they'll have to play.

H

huskymagic

Hello fellow boneyarders its been a while, but the start of the season is here and time for UCONN fans to enjoy. I am predicting a UCONN win today, we play better when we are not expected to do anything, and are underdogs. I think UCONN will come out and make a point today with Boat and Calhoun leading us. I want to see a lot of Phil Nolan and The Wolf man tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom