Posting this thread not expecting anyone to agree | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Posting this thread not expecting anyone to agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get your sentiment and maybe it could have been stated a little better, but using the pick-6 as justification for the gameplan? That's how you expect to compete and win a game by scoring just 7 points on a lucky turnover and then stepping on the gas pedal on the last possession down 10? I could almost agree that the offensive protection is so atrocious he wanted to save Chandler from a possible career ending injury. If not that you're behind and need to do something positive to go for the win. We didn't do that.

If I remember correctly, we attempted to pass on the first three second downs. I don't believe Diaco planned on not throwing the ball. Ultimately field position, the total lack of blocking and the elements caused the plans to change. Still a very ugly game.

Reaction Score
For years talking heads have suggested UConn has one of the worst ranked recruited classes not only by BCS standards, but by BE/AAC standards. If a large part of the class has no other offers, or offers mostly from 1-aa competition:

Why are we surprised the team performs so poorly?

BD suggested he couldn't tell freshmen from upper classmen. So apparently the theory of "coaching up diamonds in the rough" most of the time isn't working.

Freshmen have "O" experience........absolutely. Whole heartedly agree HS experience only will result in some tremendous FBS challenges

Some juniors/seniors have 1-2 years experience.......and after having been coached up for a couple of years........perform no better than freshmen. Got it! No experience. BD can't tell the difference? I think I see why.

I'm beginning to believe what the talking heads are saying. The talent level to begin with is not that good. After all that coaching up, their inexperience equates to freshmen type performance.

How simple must a coach make it for his players. HS schemes won't work either at this level.

Reaction Score
All very valid points. But Diaco mentioned all the progress they had made and what a great week of practice they had. And then we witnessed that.....we are all hoping for progress but that was major step backwards last night. We understand the logical side of the argument but we are fans....fanatics....and so we vent

Practice is just that, practice until the bright lights are you never know how the players will react. First road game. Tough conditions. No excuses, but of course a coach is going to say guys had a good week of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom