• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I also remember the guy at the North Carolina car wash which made me laugh extra when I saw the text from my dad

I of course will believe nothing until Radenka Maric is shaking Brett Yormark's hand or something

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Penn State. It was like this until 2000 when the one lane 20 mile road became a 2 lane 20 mile road.
So you were talking about over 2 decades ago. If it was so great, why isn't still like that?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Putting all the noise aside from the twitterati and whoever else has chimed in on some form of social media, whether we do or do not move to the B-12 will come down to what the P-12 schools do.

The B-12 has made far too much noise to do nothing but they also cannot add an odd number of schools. It appears that Colorado wants to return. There have been conflicting reports about Arizona (all over the map in reality) and ASU (more say no than yes) while most reports on Utah are that they will remain in the P-12.

If one or three P-12 schools leave for the B-12, we will also join (the yes will be issued within seconds of the ask). If two or four P-12 schools join, we're not getting invited.

Reaction Score
The same people that were ridiculing Syracuse and BC for having nothing to show for their ACC money are now jealous of UCFs big 12 money.

Lets see how much UCF and Cincy fans enjoy being bottom half teams for their foreseeable future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not so sure the article is saying that. It seems to imply the issue is that the stadium is state-owned and that we get a subsidy from the state The location of the stadium is just kind of mentioned. A lower state subsidy would be less of a big deal if we get a giant payout from a new conference.
You and I are reading that very differently. If distance wasn't a factor why would they note that it was "25 miles off campus". Agree regarding the subsidy.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

better be a big collection plate at church this weekend. don't want this poverty program in our league, imo.

Reaction Score
So you were talking about over 2 decades ago. If it was so great, why isn't still like that?
You think they built a highway to accommodate football traffic 7 days a year?

The point is, it was easy to handle that many people coming into town.

But anyway the highway was built because the population rose 50% over the previous 20-25 years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Putting all the noise aside from the twitterati and whoever else has chimed in on some form of social media, whether we do or do not move to the B-12 will come down to what the P-12 schools do.

The B-12 has made far too much noise to do nothing but they also cannot add an odd number of schools. It appears that Colorado wants to return. There have been conflicting reports about Arizona (all over the map in reality) and ASU (more say no than yes) while most reports on Utah are that they will remain in the P-12.

If one or three P-12 schools leave for the B-12, we will also join (the yes will be issued within seconds of the ask). If two or four P-12 schools join, we're not getting invited.
Do you see why the pac schools make sense? They are after the “4 corners” teams ( Utah, Colorado ASU and Zona) That is good conference building. Like if they took us, Rutgers BC and Syracuse together.
They aren’t looking at Cal, Oregon and Oregon state,
But that can’t happen, ( eastern partners) and being on an island won’t help us. We need to wait.

Reaction Score
If B12 added us and ended up at 18 teams and one of them was a Northeast team like Cuse/Pitt/etc I’d be thrilled

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
unfortunately the Big East is hurting baseball. There was an article about the weak conference impacting their placement in the tournament.

I concur, but X represented well with a couple of wins. Creighton seems solid

We just need to pull ourselves up. Maybe be the Gonzaga of the diamonds :)

Reaction Score
I’m afraid that unanimous approval from Big 12 basketball coaches means diddly squat. It feels like the football people are wondering what the he11 Yormark is doing with this UConn talk.

I think those of us in and around the program feel like Mora is more than capable of making UConn competitive in the Big 12. But I don’t think anyone outside the state of Connecticut will see things that way. I think the fact that a guy like Mora took this job in the state the program was in says a lot about the potential of UConn football.

But anyway the highway was built because the population rose 50% over the previous 20-25 years.
Extend that commuter train

Reaction Score

How about a stadium in Tolland or Willington off of 84. Only 8 miles from campus and close to Electric Blue.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So you’re saying all the B12 haters victory lapping that Thamel article were actually very early? Who woulda thunk it? At least let the invites to the 4 corner schools happen before dancing on our athletics grave.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So you’re saying all the B12 haters victory lapping that Thamel article were actually very early? Who woulda thunk it? At least let the invites to the 4 corner schools happen before dancing on our athletics grave.
Mack Rhoades (Baylor AD) said Tramel was given questionable intel for the article.

Reaction Score
Well got the text from my dad today that a connected WVU alum at the country club says the all sports B12 invite is coming. Must be true!!!!!! Texts from dad have never let me down. :D
Didn't think the Dude of WV or M H ver3 from twitter were the golfing types.

Reaction Score
I do not care about a single team in the big12. Don't know how anyone on this board can make the argument strictly as a fan. It all comes down to some bs misguided notion that we need to jump to "stay competitive." Apparently it bears repeating: we're currently in the best basketball conference in the country, have one of the best coaches in the country and will not have trouble attracting top recruits

Reaction Score
I do not care about a single team in the big12. Don't know how anyone on this board can make the argument strictly as a fan. It all comes down to some bs misguided notion that we need to jump to "stay competitive." Apparently it bears repeating: we're currently in the best basketball conference in the country, have one of the best coaches in the country and will not have trouble attracting top recruits
Again, no one is arguing that we should make this move for men’s basketball based on the current environment. The reasons for the move would be for sports other than men’s basketball, and because there is rational concern that big time football will walk away from the current basketball arrangements at some point.

I still don’t think a Big XII invite is coming, but if it does I would take it because I think we have to in order to protect our athletic programs for the long term. Not because I look forward to playing a Big XII basketball schedule as opposed to a Big East one for the next few years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mack Rhoades (Baylor AD) said Tramel was given questionable intel for the article.
Tramel’s only connection is at OU. OU isn’t making the call on this, they are gone.

August is right they’d want the corner schools. I’ve said it from the start. They always wanted the AZ schools, for decades. But if Utah stays, which almost certainly reunites them with Utah State, then we have hope our ticket will be punched. And with UConn, Arizona and KU it would clearly be the best hoops league in the country.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This is going to get ugly. Personally it is hard to think you have to move away from the Big East. But decision makers have to decide what is best for the university. From a fan standpoint it stinks and no matter which way it goes we will be left with baggage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom