Possible 1 Year Transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Possible 1 Year Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has only played two years. 10-11 ISt. and Southern 13-14 as a junior. Not sure what he did the two years in between. I assume he had to sit out one year. He most likely did graduate this year. I agree with hh that he must be a grad. student to be playing right away.

The APR issue is in recent memory.

Did this kid graduate? How is he 1 year eligible AND can play NOW (ie, no wait period)???

Reaction Score
Yes, because Kromah and Evans caused so many chemistry problems the past two years.
Not sure if you read the article or not, but him yelling at team mates didn't seem like a positve thing. Kromah and Evans didn't have any negatives coming in, only thing I read about them were that they were team players. Sometimes when someone comes in and maybe starts, feathers can be ruffled and feelings get hurt and breeds resentment(2012). Never said those 2 caused chemistry problems. your response was kind of douchey by the way.

Reaction Score
I'll trust KO to deal with team chemistry.

We have no idea if either of our 5s can stay on the court for 30 minutes a game, and no idea if either of the 4s will be good. If this young man is a 4 who has a real chance to give us 20 minutes a game, go for it.

C

Chief00

I would be more comfortable with all of this if Chief agreed to mentor the young man during his time here.

Calhoun would love signing a guy who couldn't get into LSU - that means you are serious about winning. I am open to mentoring but can't since I am a booster.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It would be payback for Lamont Roland who went to LSU after UConn admissions stamped "NFW" on his application.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pg: boatright, tsam, cassel
Sg: purvis, Calhoun, cassel
Sf: Hamilton, Calhoun
Pf: Godfrey, facey, Lubin
C: brima, Nolan, facey

3 star by rivals, 2 by bspn. Should come In and start, with the experience he brings.

Reaction Score
Is he 23 years old..?
He is 23 and will turn 24 Dec. 11th. It has him listed as a Jr. on the ESPN site and playing games last year. How is immediately eligible to play for us? I hope he can as he is exactly what the doctor ordered for us an athletic rebounder/blocker with muscle.

Reaction Score
3rdbass said:
He is 23 and will turn 24 Dec. 11th. It has him listed as a Jr. on the ESPN site and playing games last year. How is immediately eligible to play for us? I hope he can as he is exactly what the doctor ordered for us an athletic rebounder/blocker with muscle.

He could - in theory - have been a junior athletically and a senior academically since he's been in school four years and redshirted. Doesn't seen like it could add up with academic issues and multiple transfers that he could have graduated in four years but I don't know any other he'd be eligible right away. The sick grandma in Connecticut to return home to is unlikely.

Southern perhaps took all of his credits from Howard College, but even then, to earn a degree from a college in only one year there seems like it should be more difficult. Major requirements and things usually mean you need some time.

Reaction Score
This guy is good and would help us out tremendously up front, this is a no-brainer. Marquette board had a few posts saying he's going to UConn.

Reaction Score
He could - in theory - have been a junior athletically and a senior academically since he's been in school four years and redshirted. Doesn't seen like it could add up with academic issues and multiple transfers that he could have graduated in four years but I don't know any other he'd be eligible right away. The sick grandma in Connecticut to return home to is unlikely.

Southern perhaps took all of his credits from Howard College, but even then, to earn a degree from a college in only one year there seems like it should be more difficult. Major requirements and things usually mean you need some time.
From everything I've read he can play right away.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Big, tough kid? Questionable attitude? A tendency towards violence on the court in the pursuit of rebounds?

tumblr_m87hnxLXZS1rustw8.jpg

Well , okay! Sign him up.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
From everything I've read he can play right away.

The other possibility I didn't think of that seems more likely is that Southern is still banned from the postseason, so he's doing an Oriakhi. I could only find info about them being banned in 2014, but maybe it continues on into this year, allowing him to play his last year somewhere else.

My thought is that if he spent a couple years at Howard College without playing hoops to get back on track, he has some character and isn't a big risk to be a chemistry or APR issue. But just an uninformed guess.

Reaction Score
Talk is grades etc could be to big of an issue. .my guess is a Memphis like school

Reaction Score
If he's even 1/10th the player Selvie is I will be doing jumping jacks. Selvie should have had his number retired by now.

Reaction Score
This guy is good and would help us out tremendously up front, this is a no-brainer. Marquette board had a few posts saying he's going to UConn.

it looks like they're citing the same source in the original post

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He did graduate from Southern which might allay any APR or academic concerns.

Whatever the academic situation was, he's a college graduate now.

Unofficial concern - getting into grad school at UConn can be very challenging and even excellent students can be shut out.

Reaction Score
He did graduate from Southern which might allay any APR or academic concerns.

Whatever the academic situation was, he's a college graduate now.

Unofficial concern - getting into grad school at UConn can be very challenging and even excellent students can be shut out.
Wouldn't it be taken into great consideration that he is a basketball player, not exactly the same requirements as a regular student.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be taken into great consideration that he is a basketball player, not exactly the same requirements as a regular student.

You would think, but Robbie Frey had to leave the school a few years back when he couldn't get into graduate classes in his desired major.

Part of the waiver process is that that the kid is entering a graduate program not offered by the school he's leaving, so that may limit where a school can put him.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:

If the football side has been any indicator, not necessarily. We've missed out on a lot of players.

However, I think Susan, Warde and admissions have probably had a come to Jesus meeting on this stuff. We need to win and to win we need players. I have been hoping to hear that despite all of KO and Diaco's talk of academics, that the administration would start to cut them some slack in getting some players to help offset the conference affiliation. Guys that can do the work with tutoring and support and haven't been in trouble of any kind, need to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SemogNayr

Top Bottom