Poor Shoni | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poor Shoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm confused?RU isn't going into the ACC? L'ville is but I saw somewhere RU and UConn are going to keep it going either at Barkley Center or MSG because CVS said so in an interview. I don't know if L'ville is on the future schedule or intends to be? And yes Hollivay is gonna be a dominant Post with Butts an above average backup but outside of 2 G's Im not sure a big F is coming in next yr? I'd hope maybe they can find 1 or 2 top 35 type very soon. Lots of luck even finding 1 ha ha.I also heard Geno and CVS liked the venue and discussed hosting a Thanksgiving Tournament there soon?

RU had to pay a lot of money to get out of the AAC. That's what I heard but I'm not sure which conference they're going to.

Reaction Score
Yeah just install ITunes. It's available on DVD and a few other platforms as well.

I don't think it's on DVD yet. At least I've never seen it advertised. I hope TLC will show it so I can DVR it.

Reaction Score
I don't think Jude will be in the WNBA. She's small and doesn't have a complete offensive game at this point. She fills her roll on the team well though. I don't know what happened to her shooting this year. She should be shooting better.

Jude has had a number of key steals, like the one against USF. Last year she had a game winning steal and layup against Texas A&M. She also out-hustled Sims for a loose ball at a key moment of the Baylor game. Walz has said about Jude “There's no stat for heart”. She's very smart on the court and academically. She will do well in life, WNBA or not.

Reaction Score
While we're discussing the Schimmels, the documentary about them 'Off the Rez' is on ITunes. It's $5 to rent I believe.
It's very good, worth a watch.
Yes, I saw the documentary when it first came out several years back, it was very good.

Reaction Score
I don't think Jude will be in the WNBA. She's small and doesn't have a complete offensive game at this point. She fills her roll on the team well though. I don't know what happened to her shooting this year. She should be shooting better.

Jude has had a number of key steals, like the one against USF. Last year she had a game winning steal and layup against Texas A&M. She also out-hustled Sims for a loose ball at a key moment of the Baylor game. Walz has said about Jude “There's no stat for heart”. She's very smart on the court and academically. She will do well in life, WNBA or not.

It's the heart that counts. I'd rather see that in an ok player than watch an All-American have a selfish attitude.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
RU had to pay a lot of money to get out of the AAC. That's what I heard but I'm not sure which conference they're going to.

RU is headed to the Big Ten where I think in the near future, the majority of their teams, men's and women's, are going to get swatted big time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Shoni should have signed with the Huskies when Geno was calling... and this thread would have been longer and she wouldnt be "poor"

Reaction Score
Mostly that's CR talk and they have has their own board here on the yard but I'll give you a hint. The same one most UConn fans want....the B1G...although WBB there don't exactly excite me!! Its sad but its become all about the benjamins. I have a feeling as a large NE state school UConn is next.

Reaction Score
RU is headed to the Big Ten where I think in the near future, the majority of their teams, men's and women's, are going to get swatted big time.
Why do you say that? Are you a visionary? Please elaborate........or is it just that UConn will be the only good WBB school left next year in the AAC and you're venting? Their's no disgrace in losing but their is in quitting. Have faith cabbie in getting out of this trainwreck of a conference.

Reaction Score

It seemed to me that she hasn't really been looking for shots for herself all season but only as a last resort. She does need to work on her free throws but maybe that's mostly a concentration thing. She hit the last two in the USF game when they needed her to.
I read that she really stepped up in high school after Shoni left.

Reaction Score
Shoni should have signed with the Huskies when Geno was calling... and this thread would have been longer and she wouldnt be "poor"

True enough.

Wonder why she didn't if he did. I'd never read that Geno was trying to recruit her. He talked like he didn't before the final game last season.

Reaction Score
First: She felt she had to do it alone tonight. At least a couple of her mates grossly under achieved due to our suffocating defense. She had to force a lot of shots. Oh well at least she scored some points.

Later I added: I guess I just feel sorry for her. She had very little support that night and lost oh so many times to us. And as a senior this season is her last chance.

I don't understand the confusion. "Poor somebody" means you feel sorry for them doesn't it? What does simple compassion have to do with patronization??????

I don't think anyone needs to feel sorry for her at this point.

You don't think the WNBA scouts see that the best WCBB team (maybe one for the ages) focuses their defensive scheme to stop her? It works but that probably shows how good Shoni and Louisville are compared to the rest of the teams in the country. I know Kentucky beat them but they did it at Kentucky and Louisville had an off game.

Her stock is rising and will only go higher the rest of the season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
True enough.

Wonder why she didn't if he did. I'd never read that Geno was trying to recruit her. He talked like he didn't before the final game last season.
after the fact... we all seem to forget certain things

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
edit... its wasn't Shoni it was that kid that went to Tenn, I think. religion and home schooling was a big part of her life/recruiting... Spani!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom